The benefits of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I guess I should just go on and go to hell because even though I believe in my heart and have and do confess with my mouth sometime even hourly and have been baptized with water in the name of Jesus, I have never spoken in tongues. And that the previously mentioned scripture about believing and confessing in my case is not true. So why should I continue to pray and study and read and share the gospel and love God who must have rejected me.
That's a wrong assumption from your reading these threads. We are born from above when we accept the sacrifice of Jesus through His death on that Cross. The blood of sacrifice has been poured out on the mercy seat before Father, and this alone saves all in the world.....but only is of benefit when individually received. That's our complete salvation through the goodness of God and none of self.

The baptism of Holy Spirit is the anointing for service, and the means of moving on earth as spiritual because of being a new Genesis creation of God. A spiritual Adam and Eve if you will. A new beginning.

Oct 31, 2015
That's EXACTLY how I feel about many of charlatan, steal from the gullible poor, charasmatic guys.

But just to be clear, do YOU also think the guys on that clip are charlatans?

That’s how I feel about many charlatans who teach OSAS, who deceive Gods people.

JPT

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
That’s how I feel about many charlatans who teach OSAS, who deceive Gods people.

JPT

Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? James 2:21-22
  • Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son
Abraham received faith when God spoke to him to offer his son.

Abraham’s faith was activated when he obeyed God to offer his son Isaac on the altar, in which it produced the divine result of
justification

Those who obey the Gospel are saved.

Those who continue to obey His commandments continue to be saved.

Those who do not obey Hs doctrine no longer have Christ.

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” Romans 10:16
Pot calling the kettle black. You teach salvation by works then have the audacity to condemn OSAS believers. :cautious:

Jul 23, 2018
Can I please ask you something in peace...

I have seen enough of Benny Hinn to not want to ever watch him again...

He swings his white jacket in the air , and everyone falls on top of each other , am sure many get hurt , is that the way the Holy Spirit acts...

His nephew has left his uncle because he could no longer carry on deceiving people , he has his testimony where he reveals a lot of what goes on behind the scenes...

He does scam people , he is a fraud...

His ways are the same as the likes of Kenneth Copeland and others that I could mention...

I find them eerie , but like I said , my spirit cannot abide their performance , it is uncomfortable to watch them...xox...
His nephew left because uncle took away the toys.
Now slander,and malighns his uncle.
Imagine what he,costi did to wigglesworth.
....and now we are to believe him????

It reveals what attacking will bring.
Confusion.
Costi is confused.
Benny is a man. A man with a powerful,powerful anointing.
His failures are out of his human-ness.
Gods men do fail.
When we fail,we bring shame into the kingdom.
Benny went to oral roberts many years ago and asked him to oversee him.
Oral began to rebuke him,encourage him,and guide him.
And so,for a while,that blessed his ministry.
Benny has tendencies.
Some good,some bad.
I saw his failure some years back. What a fall.
I see his recent repentance and returned anointing. Awesome how God can redeem.
Pray for him. He desperately needs our help.
Oral rebuked him about the coat thingy.
Benny seems to have toned it down some.
It blessed me to see him repent a few years back.
The anointing comes with a price.
It is bitter/sweet.
Benny paid a price for abuses.

Jul 23, 2018
Many times a ministry fails in midstream. Could be adultery,alcohol,drugs,power,riches.
Something overwhelms the man of God.
If it is a major prominent ministry the fall is great
King David teaches us greatness follows a seemingly unredeemable failure .
If it is my discipline and great willpower and my strong constitution keeping me they can all point to MY greatness and say " behold the man"
If it is Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit inspite of what should have shipwrecked me,then we can only point and say "behold his God"

Jul 23, 2018
Pot calling the kettle black. You teach salvation by works then have the audacity to condemn OSAS believers. :cautious:
When in reality both osas and shipwrecked believers are facts.
Hell will be littered with those departing the faith.
It is similar to the election/choice debate.
We are both chosen and choose.
2 sides debating with both sides being right

Mar 28, 2016
This good man of God is going to have a great star studded crown with all the salvations recorded in heaven from his meetings now all over the world. Close to Billy Graham if not more.

And you will be repentant of these words against him.

Laughter-joy is a fruit of being full of Holy Spirit. Heaven is full of joy. It's emotional healing for many of depression.

I know you don't understand PE, but your words go beyond this. You've picked up a wrong spirit.
Which "wrong spirit" would that be.... not of the spiritual benefits of M-Dan Moreso? Do we need a man to teach us or would that be the method of operation of the antichrists?

No such thing as "sign gift". Getting wet has another use .Its foundation is found in the Old testament , Christ fulfilled it when the veil was rent, the time of reformation had come. We are in the last days.

Apr 15, 2017
But you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you: and you shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8

What are the benefits of the infilling of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?
The benefits of receiving the Spirit is we can overcome the flesh, and act like Jesus, and escape the world's ways of them operating in the flesh, which is pleasing to God for He said love not the world, and the things in the world, and Jesus said I have overcome the world, and those in the flesh cannot please Him.

And the fruits of the Spirit.

To guide us in to all truth, and show us things to come, and will bring back to our memory things we have learned.

Gives us power, love, and a sound mind.

Peace that passes all understanding.

Joy that no person can take away.

Rest for our souls, and a spiritual rest.

Can heal our bodies, and cause good to come in to our life.

Helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Is the Comforter that comforts us in times of affliction and hardship.

Will testify of Jesus.

Will convict us of guilt if we sin, which is beneficial so we will not want to sin.

Will not allow us to be tempted above what we are able to handle, and will give us an escape from the temptation so we can bear it.

Cleanses, sanctifies, and justifies us.

Restrains evil.

Refreshes us daily with hope, and love.

Regenerates.

Helps us prioritize Jesus.

And of course eternal life.

For what saves us is receiving the Spirit, for then we are compatible with Jesus, which us repenting, and the blood, allows us to receive the Spirit.

In the Old Testament they could not have the Spirit, but if their sins were covered by the blood of animals, then when Jesus shed His blood they received the Spirit.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
When in reality both osas and shipwrecked believers are facts.
Hell will be littered with those departing the faith.
It is similar to the election/choice debate.
We are both chosen and choose.
2 sides debating with both sides being right
Hell will be littered with "nominal" Christians who thought they were saved, but were deceived. (Matthew 7:22-23) In 1 Timothy 1:19, we read - having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck. *Notice that we don't see the specific words, "lost salvation" in the context of 1 Timothy 1:19. Now "on the surface" this verse may "appear" to teach a loss of salvation, but I'm looking for "definitive" terms. Also, in 1 Timothy 1:20, we read - Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme. Where have we heard that before?

In 1 Corinthians 5:1-5, we read about a man who has committed sexual immorality by having his father's wife (does that sound like shipwrecked faith? Was it permanent?), yet verse 5 says deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. If Hymenaeus and Alexander were truly saved, then how do we know the outcome was not the same for them as it was the adulterer in 1 Corinthians 5:1-5 who later repented in 2 Corinthians chapter 2? Nothing is specifically mentioned about him "losing his salvation" either.

In regards to "departing from the faith," in 1 Timothy 4:1, we read - Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods (where have we heard this before?) which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Some may presume that "depart from the faith" means that born again believers depart from saving faith in Christ and lose their salvation. The words "the faith" (Greek tês pisteôs) in this context means the apostolic faith, the New Testament apostolic body of doctrines. Some who are in a state of professing adherence to the apostolic faith, nevertheless will in both doctrine and practice depart from it, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons. I've seen this happen multiple times.

Some "nominal" Christians will abandon the Christian faith, the New Testament apostolic body of doctrines for cults or false religions, like Roman Catholicism for example. That does not prove such people were previously born again. In 1 John 2:19, we read - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

I believe the beginning of such a major departing from the apostolic faith was evidenced as the Roman Catholic church began to come into existence in the early 4th century. The Roman Catholic church forbids it's clergy to marry. This same church has other demonic doctrines such as transubstantiation, purgatory, indulgences, papal infallibility, worship of Mary etc..

Jul 23, 2018
Hell will be littered with "nominal" Christians who thought they were saved, but were deceived. (Matthew 7:22-23) In 1 Timothy 1:19, we read - having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck. *Notice that we don't see the specific words, "lost salvation" in the context of 1 Timothy 1:19. Now "on the surface" this verse may "appear" to teach a loss of salvation, but I'm looking for "definitive" terms. Also, in 1 Timothy 1:20, we read - Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme. Where have we heard that before?

In 1 Corinthians 5:1-5, we read about a man who has committed sexual immorality by having his father's wife (does that sound like shipwrecked faith? Was it permanent?), yet verse 5 says deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. If Hymenaeus and Alexander were truly saved, then how do we know the outcome was not the same for them as it was the adulterer in 1 Corinthians 5:1-5 who later repented in 2 Corinthians chapter 2? Nothing is specifically mentioned about him "losing his salvation" either.

In regards to "departing from the faith," in 1 Timothy 4:1, we read - Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods (where have we heard this before?) which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Some may presume that "depart from the faith" means that born again believers depart from saving faith in Christ and lose their salvation. The words "the faith" (Greek tês pisteôs) in this context means the apostolic faith, the New Testament apostolic body of doctrines. Some who are in a state of professing adherence to the apostolic faith, nevertheless will in both doctrine and practice depart from it, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons. I've seen this happen multiple times.

Some "nominal" Christians will abandon the Christian faith, the New Testament apostolic body of doctrines for cults or false religions, like Roman Catholicism for example. That does not prove such people were previously born again. In 1 John 2:19, we read - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

I believe the beginning of such a major departing from the apostolic faith was evidenced as the Roman Catholic church began to come into existence in the early 4th century. The Roman Catholic church forbids it's clergy to marry. This same church has other demonic doctrines such as transubstantiation, purgatory, indulgences, papal infallibility, worship of Mary etc..
OSAS gives nominal carnal hidden sin habitual sin advocates great hope and comfort.

The other side of the coin would be,once saved walk close to Jesus and walk in holiness denouncing and despising sin ,divorcing this world and abandonimg all to him,lest your name be blotted out of the lambs book of life.

You left off that verse;" and having tasted of the good things from heaven and departed,....so the last state is worse than the first." Or something to that effect.
It is circular(osas) reasoning.
If someone does depart from the faith,osas simply pulls the circular card "well hey,that ole boy never was saved"

But my version of osas is from "back to front",in that once we arrive in heaven,all those there were once saved, always will be saved (osas)

But i would not count on what baptists preach in osas.
Some are using it to live like hell. Perpetual false hope.
Incubated by the osas card.
Better to warn them of the horrors of sin.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
OSAS gives nominal carnal hidden sin habitual sin advocare great hope and comfort.
I don't give willful, habitual sin with no goal or effort to change such a lifestyle great hope or comfort. (Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 John 3:7-10)

The other side of the coin would be, once saved walk close to Jesus and walk in holiness denouncing and despising sin, devorcing this would and abandonimg all to him, lest your name be blotted out of the lambs book of life.
1 John 3:7 - Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother. John gives a clear descriptive difference between children of God and children of the devil.

In Revelation 3:5, we read - "He who overcomes I will never blot out his name from the book of life." The "overcomer" mentioned in this letter to Sardis is the Believer/Christian. Compare this with 1 John 5:4: "Everyone who is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

You left off that verseb" and having tasted of the good things from heaven and departed,....so the last state is worse than the first." Or something to that effect.
Are you talking about 2 Peter 2:20?

It is circular (osas) reasoning.
If someone does depart from the faith, osas simply pulls the circular card "well hey, that ole boy never was saved"
1 John 2:19. What is the reason why they did not continue?

But my version of osas is from "back to front", in that once we arrive in heaven, all those there were once saved and always will be saved (osas)
My version of OSAS is "preservation of the saints." (Psalm 37:28; Jude 1:1)

But i would not count on what baptists preach in osas.
Some are using it to live like hell. Perpetual false hope.
Incubated by the osas card.
Better to warn them of the horrors of sin.
I have attend Baptist churches in the past and I never once heard a Baptist preacher promote live like hell/live like the devil etc.. and you will be saved anyway. I have heard them say that type of continued behavior demonstrates such a person is not born of God.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What is Baptism? The word means THIS:
Strong's Concordance
baptisma: (the result of) a dipping or sinking
Original Word: βάπτισμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: baptisma
Phonetic Spelling: (bap'-tis-mah)
Definition: (the result of) a dipping or sinking
Usage: the rite or ceremony of baptism.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 908 báptismabaptism (note the -ma suffix, emphasizing it is a result, i.e. of sincere repentance.) 908 (báptisma) indicates submerging(dipping, immersion).

Now let's read what John the Baptist says about Baptism:

Matthew 3:
4 Now John himself was clothed in camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey. 5 Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to him 6 and were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins.

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

So JESUS is going to Baptize SOME with the Holy Spirit, but OTHERS, like THE BROOD OF VIPERS, He is going to Baptize with FIRE. Right after John says that, he talks about the chaff burning in unquenchable fire. If some are submerged in water and with the Holy Spirit, doesn't it make sense that John is saying some are going to be baptized, or submerged, in the lake of fire? Especially when you consider who John is addressing? READ IT AGAIN!

So I can see a response like "What about what happened at Pentecost?" Well, let's read it:

Acts 2 New King James Version (NKJV)
Coming of the Holy Spirit
2 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

It says the Holy Spirit filled them. The FIRE sat upon, NOT IN THEM.

I am still not totally sure, but by examining Scripture closely, it appears you DON'T want to be baptized with fire!
Hello PennEd, :love:

Sorry, I'm late in replying to you...... I got busy with family life..... but, in answer to your question:

I see your point of reasoning to split the baptism of the Holy Spirit from the baptism of Fire and say that God only pours out His Spirit on SOME and only the "brood of vipers" get the baptism of Fire.

However, the scripture says that God pours out His Spirit upon ALL flesh, not some. Also, John the Baptist said the Holy Spirit AND Fire - he puts them together.

Just as salvation through the blood and body of Yeshua/Jesus is for ALL, so is the outpouring of the Holy Spirit for ALL, and the Fire is for ALL, too.

Remember, it rains on the just and the unjust. The believer will receive and rejoice in the water baptism as being united with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection, and receive and rejoice in the baptism with the Holy Spirit being unite with Christ in Spirit and Truth full of power to be a true witness to the lost; and receive and rejoice in the baptism of Fire being united with Christ in persecutions and suffering for righteousness which perfects our love for God.

The unbeliever still has all three baptisms extended to them but, they reject them.

Believers need to receive ALL 3 baptisms - Water, Spirit and Fire.

Planet Earth is also going through the 3 baptisms:

1 - Water - Earth (Noah's Flood - only 8 people survive because Noah found "grace" in the eyes of God)
1 - Water - Believer (water baptized into death, burial and resurrection of Yeshua/Jesus receiving His blood and body for remission of sin and receiving His righteousness - pure grace)

2 - Holy Spirit - Earth (The Holy Spirit is "physically" covering the entire Earth and is readily available to all flesh - wooing ALL people to Yeshua/Jesus. We can't see the Holy Spirit, He's like the wind covering the entire Earth.)
2 - Holy Spirit - Believer (We receive the Holy Spirit baptism and are profoundly changed and empowered and "marked or sealed" by God)

3 - Fire - Earth (yet to be but, is coming upon ALL flesh - just as the 3 Hebrews in the fiery furnace - passing through the fire and not even smelling of smoke. Also, Peter talks about the Earth being consumed with fire and all inhabitants perishing.)
3 - Fire - Believer (all the chaff in our soul has to be burned up, we have to take up our cross and follow Yeshua/Jesus by denying the desires of our flesh; we suffer for our bad choices and we suffer for righteousness; lambs headed to the slaughter, BUT we rejoice because our love for God is being perfected! I can't suffer for Him if I do not love Him.)

For the believer - the Water, Spirit and Fire basically testify that the believer is united to Christ and may enter the Kingdom of God.

For the unbeliever - the Water, Spirit and Fire testifies against them that they are not saved and cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

(NOTE: we cannot truly experience the water baptism without first repenting and receiving the Blood and Body of Yeshua/Jesus).

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yep. That passage is talking about His Word. It has nothing to do with being baptized, or submerged, into fire. And I think the Word DOES burn in our hearts. Still a different kettle of fish than what John the Baptist is talking about.

I can look up a hundred verses about burning or fire, but that doesn't mean they have any connection whatever with baptism into fire.
Into fire? With!

The power to minister! No 5 point sermon needed. The fire is the Anointed Word!
Fire purifies but fire also can destroy.
When trying to understand the baptism of Fire - focus on God's Love. How God is a consuming fire.....

His Love has a destroying side that consumes our enemies and a protective gentle side that overwhelms us with unconditional love.....

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
This good man of God is going to have a great star studded crown with all the salvations recorded in heaven from his meetings now all over the world. Close to Billy Graham if not more.

And you will be repentant of these words against him.

Laughter-joy is a fruit of being full of Holy Spirit. Heaven is full of joy. It's emotional healing for many of depression.

I know you don't understand PE, but your words go beyond this. You've picked up a wrong spirit.
Okay, just want to say I have experience this incredible laughter erupting from the belly..... "Out of your belly shall flow rivers of water....." This is why my cc name is "Lafftur" :giggle:

I also understand how it can scare people....... :eek::love::love:

I was visiting a new church, the pastor was walking back and forth down front while preaching from the Bible. Little giggles started coming from the right side of the congregation and I thought kids were playing and were probably going to get in trouble in front of everybody.

They got louder and louder, I started praying for them that when they get kicked out of church they would not lose heart and think Yeshua/Jesus kicked them out. The pastor walked right up to them, looked at them, then turned and walked back, still preaching. Then, I thought to myself, "oh, they didn't get in trouble. Then, they're suppose to be laughing...... there must be some kind of a joke and I'm new so I didn't get the punchline."

Two rows behind me, a burst of laughter erupts, I quickly turn and look into the eyes of the elderly woman laughing.............. I quickly turned back around facing the front and said to myself, "wait a minute, is this that Holy Spirit laughter that I've heard about......."

Suddenly, erupting from deep in my belly came a loud burst of laughter! Immediately, both of my hands covered my mouth to make myself stop laughing. As soon as my hands covered my mouth, I began to weep and sob, tears just gushing and streaming down my face. So, I took my hands off my mouth and busted out into laughing again!

The pastor walked over to me, stopped, looked right at me and said, "He got you, too. Didn't He?"

Oh, it was wonderful!!! We all know that sometimes we just need a good cry or a good laugh to feel better. Crying and laughing heals our emotions and does our body good. The Holy Spirit was healing me. Life can beat us up at times, we need to feel, know and experience God's love in a special way - just a revitalizing, renewing, refreshing, cleansing way. Absolutely wonderful!

@Absolutely - you are correct when you say that evil spirits and demons start manifesting when the Holy Spirit starts manifesting in and on people in the congregation. Darkness cannot stay when the Light comes to occupy in the physical realm.

All of us are spiritual houses...... we will be occupied by "some thing." I choose God - the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to dwell with me in my house - my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Oh, and we do love to laugh a lot together! :love::giggle:

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
When trying to understand the baptism of Fire - focus on God's Love. How God is a consuming fire.....

His Love has a destroying side that consumes our enemies and a protective gentle side that overwhelms us with unconditional love.....

In Sonship teachings I learned from a writing of Lynn Hiles that the enemy is us! The world spirit, our own fallen flesh, and the devil.

I see the eyes of Jesus as love when our flesh is consumed that the spirit be saved. It's portion is Called mercy. And mercy is the cry of the blood of Jesus poured out on the altar before Father in heaven. Its the voice that is greater than Abels. We must pick it up when confronted. Because the love that is agape, is always greater than human love.

Sometimes it sounds like a harsh word with the stand of confidence to awaken. Jesus being our example to the Pharisees and Sadducees. It would not be love to hold back unless Holy Spirit says to do so.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Okay, just want to say I have experience this incredible laughter erupting from the belly..... "Out of your belly shall flow rivers of water....." This is why my cc name is "Lafftur" :giggle:

I was visiting a new church, the pastor was walking back and forth down front while preaching from the Bible. Little giggles started coming from the right side of the congregation and I thought kids were playing and were probably going to get in trouble in front of everybody.

They got louder and louder, I started praying for them that when they get kicked out of church they would not lose heart and think Yeshua/Jesus kicked them out. The pastor walked right up to them, looked at them, then turned and walked back, still preaching. Then, I thought to myself, "oh, they didn't get in trouble. Then, they're suppose to be laughing...... there must be some kind of a joke and I'm new so I didn't get the punchline."

Two rows behind me, a burst of laughter erupts, I quickly turn and look into the eyes of the elderly woman laughing.............. I quickly turned back around facing the front and said to myself, "wait a minute, is this that Holy Spirit laughter that I've heard about......."

Suddenly, erupting from deep in my belly came a loud burst of laughter! Immediately, both of my hands covered my mouth to make myself stop laughing. As soon as my hands covered my mouth, I began to weep and sob, tears just gushing and streaming down my face. So, I took my hands off my mouth and busted out into laughing again!

The pastor walked over to me, stopped, looked right at me and said, "He got you, too. Didn't He?"

Oh, it was wonderful!!! We all know that sometimes we just need a good cry or a good laugh to feel better. Crying and laughing heals our emotions and does our body good. The Holy Spirit was healing me. Life can beat us up at times, we need to feel, know and experience God's love in a special way - just a revitalizing, renewing, refreshing, cleansing way. Absolutely wonderful!

@Absolutely - you are correct when you say that evil spirits and demons start manifesting when the Holy Spirit starts manifesting in and on people in the congregation. Darkness cannot stay when the Light comes to occupy in the physical realm.

All of us are spiritual houses...... we will be occupied by "some thing." I choose God - the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to dwell with me in my house - my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Oh, and we do love to laugh a lot together! :love::giggle:
I'm not sure I would use the word scare Lafftur. Offended is more to my understanding. Is what I see rise here. Offense.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I read this whole thread and what got ME laughing a healing laugh was reading Laffter's story of church and believe it is a spiritual gifts. Especially confirmed by the power of the testimony of her words. I remember many years ago recovering from a depression breakdown after the anguish of a hospital and being in an outpatient meeting still suffering greatly and like the girl sitting across from me, just really wanting to die, and she said so expressing her anger at this world loudly, and her opinion of the useless boring meeting of misery. But every time our eyes met, we would both laugh in uncontrollable hysterics! We simply could not control it and so I tried avoiding looking her way, but to no avail. And everyone was wondering what was going on, and telling us to stop. But she said, "It's his fault, " and I said, "no, it's her fault!". I didn't quite understand the whole thing, but we both felt better at experiencing a healing spiritual gift in our misery. Her name was Lynn, and I often worried about her, but believe the same Holy Spirit helped her survive, and now healing tears of the memory. Joy and tears are confirmation of gifts of the Holy Spirit. And a confirmation of the power of God in the prophetic Word, and of the last days being upon us, but not necessarily a confirmation of everything in this thread.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

Mailmandan, you make some good well supported statements here, but I would encourage you to also see the good in those you give a blanket condemnation. First, I believe the Catholic Church is on the verge of major Reformation of faith and grace teaching of the Apostle Paul.

And be careful of demonizing your perceived enemies. For one, it is not a "demonic" teaching to require clergy to be single, even though nowadays it could be optional. Single clergy is a direct quote of the Apostle Paul, even almost ordering Timothy to stay single. It's a church rule, like any traditional ways like some Pentecostal churches or Baptist, requiring dress codes etc. And heroic people like Patrick and Bridget (known as St. Patrick and St. Bridget) for their heroic lives around the 4th century leading tens of thousands to Christ in pagan lands, fearlessly and with great power and victory, staring down powers of evil like Elijah did to pagan worshippers of Baal. Jesus commanded us as Christians to get along, not throw stones at one another.

Jul 23, 2018
I don't give willful, habitual sin with no goal or effort to change such a lifestyle great hope or comfort. (Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 John 3:7-10)

1 John 3:7 - Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother. John gives a clear descriptive difference between children of God and children of the devil.

In Revelation 3:5, we read - "He who overcomes I will never blot out his name from the book of life." The "overcomer" mentioned in this letter to Sardis is the Believer/Christian. Compare this with 1 John 5:4: "Everyone who is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

Are you talking about 2 Peter 2:20?

1 John 2:19. What is the reason why they did not continue?

My version of OSAS is "preservation of the saints." (Psalm 37:28; Jude 1:1)

I have attend Baptist churches in the past and I never once heard a Baptist preacher promote live like hell/live like the devil etc.. and you will be saved anyway. I have heard them say that type of continued behavior demonstrates such a person is not born of God.
Of course they don't encourage living like hell.
Just tell them they will never loose their salvation.
Its subliminal. Indirect.
I am saying their audience gets a subliminal wink.
I think it is in James that says " if anyone sins he is of the devil"
That is referring to habitual unrepentant sin.... A sinful lifestyle.
I am not against osas in its biblical form (from heaven ,those saved ones are once saved and eternally saved.
"They" will never "lose" their salvation.)
Nobody on the this planet knows if anyone can or can't "lose their salvation" . Get enough sin and rebellion,and a strong hatred for the brethren with mocking utubes and slander to anger heaven and.........??
COULD ONE MISS HEAVEN???
We certainly will find out one day.

Jul 23, 2018

I thought the laughter was fake when my mother told me some were laughing hysterically in her church.
I went to go see and man o man was i wrong. The anointing in that meeting was so powerful.
Then a few months later Vicky Jaimison came to San Antonio to new life church. I got hit, and hit ,and hit with the holy laughter. I left there completly undone. It was like God opened the top of my head and made me a human straw or tube to gush a river of his spirit through me. It was deliverance,infilling,purging,renewal,refreshing,love,....and just a honey flush of goodness all in one. I will never forget it. We need that purging and goodness.
God....please do it again.