The benefits of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Just a follow-up. I believe the Lord led me this morning to confirm what mailmandan said here. About the Bible teaching that many will fall short due to being deceived that they are saved when they lose all desire to turn-again to God, or follow Jesus, and think they can write their own Bible and invent their own Jesus. Also wanted to add that the social worker in the story was amazing and the group meeting very motivating inspite of the suffering, especially with the added help!

And don't know where the verse(s) is, but the Lord warns numerous times such as Matthew 25 and the parable of 10 virgins ready for the groom with lamps burning and extra olive oil. The door can and will be closed to those who make a mockery of the word and are partying on the Titanic. John the Baptist said the same thing that, "don't think that just because you claim to be descendants of Abraham you will escape the wrath of God" (paraphrase from memory). I have been warned myself by the Lord or Maybe Paul? for being too lax, hearing, "I'm not supposed to be here, " (those in Hell who were told they were saved but were not) and hearing in the spirit recently, "they're burning in mercy.". These are direct dire warnings. At the same time, it is a mockery of the Cross to doubt salvation or resisting the Light and a form of blasphemy, that must be resolved by the free-gift of grace and mercy surrender, as if the Cross of the Lamb fell short, which is a form of self idolatry. Christ was not abandoned on the Cross but experienced this in His humanity. Revelation says, "They overcame by the Blood of the Lamb, AND the word of their testimony. "

Just wanted to add that I still believe that signs and consensus indicate the IMMEDIATE return of the Lord, and I believe that the Bible says this could be in spring "Consider the fig tree's budding leaves" know that spring is near. Also fall harvest would fit angel's harvest of world. I believe judgement day is here. Now.
--Herald

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I love your testimony HeraldtheNews!

Oh Sweet Father in Heaven,

Thank You so much for the Blood and Body of Your Son Yeshua/Jesus that cleanses us from all our sins and becomes our righteousness in Christ making us clean vessels and a new creation for You to pour Your sweet Holy Spirit in us and all the Godhead - Father, Son and Holy Spirit to indwell us. Truly, You make us one with You and each other with Your Love, Word and Spirit.

Just as Yeshua/Jesus had a "work" to do while on the Earth, the Holy Spirit has a "work" to do in us, too. Father, You have given us Your Word and Your Spirit - touch and heal us, restore the joy of our salvation, teach us to not hinder Your Holy Spirit, let us be those trees planted by the river of water that can bring forth fruit even in a drought. Let Your River erupt from our bellies and flow in us and through us mightily bringing life to thirsty souls, even the thirst of our own soul........

Father, thank You for Herald and Lynn! Do it again, Father........show them You can bring joy where there is sadness, You can bring life where there is death, You can bring laughter where there is misery. Where ever they are right now - touch, heal and restore them and all of us with Your Word and Spirit, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus we pray, amen. :love:(y)
Thank-you! Sister Lafftur-Tears-for your testimony of God's love and truth and healing power of the Holy Spirit! I tried to see how Lynn was doing some 6 years ago, and due to cofidentiality, could only leave a note, but she made it some 25 years by then! Quite a character! Took her to a quiet charismatic church, and she must have been before, somehow we both were blessed that day, and I think she took part. I just remember her at the door for a cigarette break. I do remember though visiting that church, some things that were concerning, but very nice church.

E

eternally-gratefull

He who seeks dirt finds it.
No doubt there are other false slanted stories for religious attackers to feast on that filth.

I got a juicy one for you.
There was this prophet in the ot that took a widows last meal from her and her son. He told her to feed it to himself. He stole her last meal.
The religious of that time took the rumor and slandered him and his God.

Then there is the one about a King ,a man of God,that took a mans wife in adultery and had the husband killed.

Such fakes are,like you say poison and embarrassments to our fine upstanding religious indignatation.

What should happen to these fakes??
Lake of fire??
Wow, Your trying to compair hinn to king david of the OT?

You just lost the last bit of credability you might have had. Good day sir!

Jul 23, 2018
Wow, Your trying to compair hinn to king david of the OT?

You just lost the last bit of credability you might have had. Good day sir!
No.
You just did that.
I am saying,lets use the same template. Lets do to him what "needs"doing. He commited a scandal. He shamed God and israel.

What do we do now?
We judge,label,properly execute him,then tear those pages from the bible.
(Just following your expert methodology)
Playing good guy/bad guy with others
(While hiding your own sin)

E

eternally-gratefull

No.
You just did that.
I am saying,lets use the same template. Lets do to him what "needs"doing. He commited a scandal. He shamed God and israel.

What do we do now?
I have done this, as have many others

And hinn, and many like him, Are judged correctly. As not being from God or espousing biblical values. They are frauds who are in it for money and fame, and not for God.

To try to compair him or those like him to anyone of Gods prophets or apostles in scripture is just bad thinking.

Now this is not to say ALL charismatic churches are that way, so do not say I think otherwise.

But if I was a charismatic, I would separate myself from these people as far away as I could

7seasrekeyed

No.
You just did that.

What do we do now?

get the torches and clubs