The Best Thing You Did For Someone Who Couldn't Pay For Something

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 12, 2017
Hey everyone we all have done something for someone like paying for the person behind you, now I want know, what is the best thing you did for someone who couldn't pay for something.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vGu56EYOuPI

Me:
It was a Christmas shopping rush and everyone was buying gifts for someone, now the store I went to was near a poor neighborhood. I'm now in line and I'm paying for the gifts I had got from some friends and family, I notice behind me there was a young couple who was expecting a baby, when I saw them they had baby clothes and baby related items in their shopping cart, I saw how they had very few supply's in general, remembering how hard it was when my family was expecting a baby we had trouble too. I asked the cashier to give them some of my cash, and I left two fifty's which I hope would improve their growing relationship, after that I was running low on time so I finished up what I was originally doing and dispersed into the ever so growing crowd.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Helping a disabled man in the wheelchair to find his bus, yeaterday i dried the bench for an elderly lady,.... i just instinctively help and do stuff so i cant really say a best or worst thing...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Not picking on anyone, but doesn't Scripture tell us NOT to do this? Talk about our good deeds?

(just saying)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Telling others the GOOD DEEDS one does may not be considered "bragging" to some, but it really is........just saying.....

Don't let people steal your Heavenly Rewards............the reason it is is because when someone tells others of the GOOD DEEDS they have done, they are REWARDED with the admiration of those told........that is what Scripture means to me

J

JamesD

P_rehbein, I agree with you but I also find it very inspirational to hear what others do for people. I think we get motivated by seeing or hearing what others do. For example when I was in 8th grade I was a new kid in a new school. So I was kinda shy. I wanted to be cool of course to make friends. I started making friends and I realized that I needed to act a certain way to keep them. So pathetic I know! Anyways, this 6th grader dropped his binder in the middle of the hallway. I passed by him and I wanted to help but I felt pressure not to...just to look cool!

Then an 8th grade girl who was very popular went up to him and helped him pick up his papers. I'll never forget that. I was truly inspired by her and when I went into high school I tried being nicer to other students.

If people don't want to talk about what good deeds they've done...maybe we can talk about what good deeds others have done for us or those we have witnessed...like my story above.

Here's another...
So my friend was around 12 when this happened. She was saving money to buy a new bike. She would babysit. One of her classmates died in a car crash that year. The girl's family was asking for donations to pay for the funeral. Kira, donated all of her money (I think it was about $80) to the parents. She didnt tell anyone. When the teacher saw what she did, she commended Kira and told her parents. Her dad bought her a brand new bike for doing what she did. So not only did she bless the mourning family, her parents blessed her right back. And like P_rehbein says, Kira never told a soul. Her teacher was the one who saw what she did.

Feb 28, 2016
gave all of our savings to help a destitute Mother have a way to
carry her children...

no brag here, just gratitude and thankfulness for the opportunity...
'corny, but true'...:):rolleyes: