THE BIBLE AND THE NUMBER 46

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016
multiply = 46 times in the Bible

It proves that 23 chromosomes from the mom and 23 from the dad combine to make 46. The Bible is scientifically up to date. I cannot understand why this would bother christians.
That kind of coincidence is not proof.
This kind of silliness is what gives Christianity such a bad name.

SovereignGrace

Dec 28, 2016
Right, God is giving directions for building, which require measurements. Three chapters of God giving specific building measurements out of the whole 1,189 chapters of Scripture hardly amounts to the level of interest you rationalize giving numbers.
Look, #’s do have meanings. But it’s straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel when you have to multiply, divide, add, subtract to arrive at that #.

Nov 24, 2017
Right, God is giving directions for building, which require measurements. Three chapters of God giving specific building measurements out of the whole 1,189 chapters of Scripture hardly amounts to the level of interest you rationalize giving numbers.
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (Matthew 10:30)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Look, #’s do have meanings. But it’s straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel when you have to multiply, divide, add, subtract to arrive at that #.
I can accept that numbers have meaning, no problem :)

But making an idol out of them does seem to be a problem.

I wonder if anyone has ever been saved by studying numbers in the Bible.

Nov 24, 2017
conceived” 46 times in the Bible

Don't forget about this coincidence too!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (Matthew 10:30)
Do we all have the same number of hairs? I doubt it. Do you go around trying to count the hairs on people's heads? Arms? Legs? God knows everything down to the smallest detail. That should not surprise anyone who believes in God.

Nov 24, 2017
I can accept that numbers have meaning, no problem :)

But making an idol out of them does seem to be a problem.

I wonder if anyone has ever been saved by studying numbers in the Bible.
How is pointing them out making an idol of them? What number meanings have you accepted?

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016
To enlarge on what I said:
You do realise that that the word "multiply" meaning reproduce is referenced to animals as well as human beings in the Bible.
You are aware, as a genetics whizzkid, that animals have an amazing variation of numbers of chromosomes in their DNA.
Not 46.
To try and suggest that 46 occurrences of "multiply" in this context proves anything about the number of chromosomes in the human genome is simply delusional...

Nov 24, 2017
Do we all have the same number of hairs? I doubt it. Do you go around trying to count the hairs on people's heads? Arms? Legs? God knows everything down to the smallest detail. That should not surprise anyone who believes in God.
The point went over the hairs of your head! It is God who counts them and cares about those numbers!

Nov 24, 2017
To enlarge on what I said:
You do realise that that the word "multiply" meaning reproduce is referenced to animals as well as human beings in the Bible.
You are aware, as a genetics whizzkid, that animals have an amazing variation of numbers of chromosomes in their DNA.
Not 46.
To try and suggest that 46 occurrences of "multiply" in this context proves anything about the number of chromosomes in the human genome is simply delusional...
Did an "animal" come in "the volume of the book" or did "the man" Jesus Christ! Don't forget about the other coincidence and that is the 37 genes in your mitochondrial DNA as well.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The point went over the hairs of your head! It is God who counts them and cares about those numbers!
Where does He tell us to care about numbers the way you do?

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016
Did an "animal" come in "the volume of the book" or did "the man" Jesus Christ! Don't forget about the other coincidence and that is the 37 genes in your mitochondrial DNA as well.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make with this post.

The bottom line is that your theory is pure poppycock.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How is pointing them out making an idol of them? What number meanings have you accepted?
Where did I say pointing them out is making an idol of numbers?

If someone were to make a post and point out as a matter of interest pertinent to the info in the post that a certain number has a specific meaning, that is quite different from what you do. Your whole focus is numbers, numbers, numbers.

I did not say I have accepted any number meanings. I said I can
accept that numbers have meaning. Everything has meaning.

Nov 24, 2017
I have no idea what point you are trying to make with this post.

The bottom line is that your theory is pure poppycock.
That the Bible is scientifically up to date. Did I post something that was false?

Nov 24, 2017
Where did I say pointing them out is making an idol of numbers?

If someone were to make a post and point out as a matter of interest pertinent to the info in the post that a certain number has a specific meaning, that is quite different from what you do. Your whole focus is numbers, numbers, numbers.

I did not say I have accepted any number meanings. I said I can
accept that numbers have meaning. Everything has meaning.
Well if numbers have meaning then what is your issue?

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016
That the Bible is scientifically up to date. Did I post something that was false?
Yes, and I have already explained just a small impossibility in your theory....

And, BTW, you are aware that chapter and verses were not part of the original manuscripts, are you not?
And so, any counting strategy based on occurrences in verses or chapters are meaningless since they are man-made additions many centuries after the fact.