THE BIBLE AND THE NUMBER 46

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LPT

This is true and it does seem to be his goal. Hasn't given one biblical argument yet nor has he even quoted a Bible verse to support his position.
When the belittling comes out from the get go that's a sure sign, most of the time.

Nov 24, 2017
There is no Biblical reference to quote that proves the number of chromosomes in the human genome!!!!
The Bible is NOT about cell biology!
So specious argument....

Not to mention the rest of your numbers nonsense...
The Bible has quite a bit to say about numbers so what is the problem? I am just saying the Bible is structured and in order.

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016
When the belittling comes out from the get go that's a sure sign, most of the time.
When one makes unsubstantiatable claims, ignores requests to provide evidence and proof, all the while claiming the "correctness" of these claims, just as you did, and James37 has done innumerable times then the lack of honesty does not engender respect...

Mar 7, 2018
I wouldn't waste my time replying graceNpeace. I don't think this guy knows God the way he talks. I think he's more interested in promoting himself, not the love of Christ.

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016
I wouldn't waste my time replying graceNpeace. I don't think this guy knows God the way he talks. I think he's more interested in promoting himself, not the love of Christ.
I agree with your thoughts about James37 and LPT.
I provide a documented counter to their extraordinary beliefs that anyone can read - that should, at the very least, give pause for thought, to anyone contemplating the validity of their beliefs.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I do agree that James37 shows no signs at all of loving or knowing God. Just a mental illness in the form of number obsessions, creating combinations and permutations where none exist!

I don't know LPT well, but he comes on here agreeing with utter nonsense, accusing the wrong people of not being believers, so I think he belongs in the same group as James37. Except, (and I am not certain, one way or the other), this could come out of some kind of appalling ignorance, or fascination with the absurd, who knows?

Again, the point of the Bible is not, and never has been to reveal the KJV. The point of the Bible is to reveal Jesus Christ. And when he is revealed, how do we follow him? That is when the Bible becomes our essential handbook, but only in a version we can understand. We talked a lot about thee's and thou's in German today, in terms of the grammar. My pro (better grammar than me!) felt that English had a "democratizing" influence, because no one was superior in modern English, although Old English certainly did.

As for why I am on this thread? Well, as graceNpeace says, I think it is necessary to stand firm against the embarrassment that is this thread. I want people to come to Christ, not be driven away. And we do need to stand firm against liars, and people who make things up, whether from bad motives, or because they are ignorant, or they are mentally ill. I don't see anywhere the Bible says "to love" people who are false teachers, which is what this thread is all about- and not just false teachers, but false teachers who have literally run amuck!

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016
I do agree that James37 shows no signs at all of loving or knowing God. Just a mental illness in the form of number obsessions, creating combinations and permutations where none exist!

I don't know LPT well, but he comes on here agreeing with utter nonsense, accusing the wrong people of not being believers, so I think he belongs in the same group as James37. Except, (and I am not certain, one way or the other), this could come out of some kind of appalling ignorance, or fascination with the absurd, who knows?

Again, the point of the Bible is not, and never has been to reveal the KJV. The point of the Bible is to reveal Jesus Christ. And when he is revealed, how do we follow him? That is when the Bible becomes our essential handbook, but only in a version we can understand. We talked a lot about thee's and thou's in German today, in terms of the grammar. My pro (better grammar than me!) felt that English had a "democratizing" influence, because no one was superior in modern English, although Old English certainly did.

As for why I am on this thread? Well, as graceNpeace says, I think it is necessary to stand firm against the embarrassment that is this thread. I want people to come to Christ, not be driven away. And we do need to stand firm against liars, and people who make things up, whether from bad motives, or because they are ignorant, or they are mentally ill. I don't see anywhere the Bible says "to love" people who are false teachers, which is what this thread is all about- and not just false teachers, but false teachers who have literally run amuck!
Nice summary!

Nov 24, 2017
I agree with your thoughts about James37 and LPT.
I provide a documented counter to their extraordinary beliefs that anyone can read - that should, at the very least, give pause for thought, to anyone contemplating the validity of their beliefs.
Now that you have heard empty words "what sayeth the scripture?" (Romans 4:3)

“For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” (2 Corinthians 5:1) (47[SUP]th[/SUP] book of the Bible)

“tabernacle” is found in 23 books of the Bible and 92 (46 x 2) chapters of the OT.

[SUP]18 [/SUP]And thou shalt make the boards for the tabernacle, twenty boards on the south side southward.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And for the second side of the tabernacle on the north side there shall be twenty boards:
[SUP]22 [/SUP]And for the sides of the tabernacle westward thou shalt make six boards.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]And two boards shalt thou make for the corners of the tabernacle in the two sides. (I love it, 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] verse and the number 2 is mentioned 2 x 23=46)
[SUP]25 [/SUP]And they shall be eight boards, and their sockets of silver, sixteen sockets; two sockets under one board, and two sockets under another board. (The 8 boards consists of the west wall with the corners made up)

Exodus chapter 26 reveals that the “holy place” and “most holy place” (Exodus 26:33-34) were enclosed with 46 boards of “shittim wood” overlayed with “pure gold”

“holy” = 611 (47 x 13) times in the Bible.
“most holy” = 46 times in the Bible.
“the holy place*” = 46 times in the Bible.
“pure gold” 39 and “shittim wood” 27 times in the King James Bible for a total of 66. (If you think this is a coincidence then consider this one as well. Concerning the brazen altar we have “brass” = 126 (7 x 18) and “shittim wood” which combine for 153 (John21))

Each board was 1.5 cubits wide which would make the linear cubits of the boards surrounding the tabernacle 69 (23 x 3) cubits. A ten cubit length of the boards corresponds to the 10 commandments of God’s law. (Roman 2:15)

"I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able." (1 Corinthians 3:2 46th book of the Bible)

Last edited:

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017

1 Corinthians 10:8, 23000 were killed in one day for fornication but the total is 24000 in Numbers 25.
Numbers 3, the 3 Levite clans subtotals are 7500 + 8600 + 6200. The Bible rounds the sum to the nearest thousand (22000) but the accurate sum is 22300. Using the accurate total changes the story because the firstborn sons of Israel total 22273.

The answer is 23 and the phrase 2 or 3 represents Jesus in the Bible.
Numbers 3 is prophetic saying the Levites will cheat the firstborn Son of God.

Nov 24, 2017
Now that you have heard empty words "what sayeth the scripture?" (Romans 4:3)

“For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” (2 Corinthians 5:1) (47[SUP]th[/SUP] book of the Bible)

“tabernacle” is found in 23 books of the Bible and 92 (46 x 2) chapters of the OT.

[SUP]18 [/SUP]And thou shalt make the boards for the tabernacle, twenty boards on the south side southward.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And for the second side of the tabernacle on the north side there shall be twenty boards:
[SUP]22 [/SUP]And for the sides of the tabernacle westward thou shalt make six boards.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]And two boards shalt thou make for the corners of the tabernacle in the two sides. (I love it, 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] verse and the number 2 is mentioned 2 x 23=46)
[SUP]25 [/SUP]And they shall be eight boards, and their sockets of silver, sixteen sockets; two sockets under one board, and two sockets under another board. (The 8 boards consists of the west wall with the corners made up)

Exodus chapter 26 reveals that the “holy place” and “most holy place” (Exodus 26:33-34) were enclosed with 46 boards of “shittim wood” overlayed with “pure gold”

“holy” = 611 (47 x 13) times in the Bible.
“most holy” = 46 times in the Bible.
“the holy place*” = 46 times in the Bible.
“pure gold” 39 and “shittim wood” 27 times in the King James Bible for a total of 66. (If you think this is a coincidence then consider this one as well. Concerning the brazen altar we have “brass” = 126 (7 x 18) and “shittim wood” which combine for 153 (John21))

Each board was 1.5 cubits wide which would make the linear cubits of the boards surrounding the tabernacle 69 (23 x 3) cubits. A ten cubit length of the boards corresponds to the 10 commandments of God’s law. (Roman 2:15)

"I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able." (1 Corinthians 3:2 46th book of the Bible)
[/QUOTE]

TABPAGE21

You may say there were 48 boards instead of 46. (which I don't believe but be that as it may) The linear length that makes up the three sides is still 46 divisions of 1.5 cubits. Like I said, I don't think any boards were doubled up but many people do but the number 46 has not been eliminated from discussion. The above link shows an image with 48 boards.

L

LPT

The Bible has quite a bit to say about numbers so what is the problem? I am just saying the Bible is structured and in order.
Good point James37, most people wouldn't even question rather the number 3 - 7 - 12 - 40 has significant meaning in the bible, add a deeper understanding and the Buck stops there. it's kind of rare to find folks willing to leap beyond the basics and that's how it started though within those same basic knowledge like two pillars, is knowledge for future understanding within the readers intelligence ability in their time no matter what century a person had or does or will live.

500 years ago, people understood things of scriptures within the knowledge they acquired, just like today there is knowledge in the bible that No man can understand (yet). tomorrow that knowledge will be better understood through the advancements in human inteligents.

once lepercy was only cured with a Miracle now it's cured with hormone therapy, unheard of 100 years ago. what might be unheard of today can be the norm tomorrow quickly. the bible is written for those of past present and future. the problem is when people start believing in a God of the possible, instead of a God of the impossible.

Mar 7, 2018
I suppose some people tend to forget,"For EVERY word a man shall speak he SHALL give an account thereof on the day of judgement. And by thy words thou Shall give an account thereof. And by thy words thou shall be justified and by thy words thou shall be condemned". Guess working out our salvation with fear and trembling does not quite come across as a warning to put away self seeking and pride. Me as much as I sin and say things I have to ask forgiveness for all the time, I do realize when typing comments we do actually have the time to think carefully. It's the fear of and the love for God that should lead us into more obedience.

L

LPT

I suppose some people tend to forget,"For EVERY word a man shall speak he SHALL give an account thereof on the day of judgement. And by thy words thou Shall give an account thereof. And by thy words thou shall be justified and by thy words thou shall be condemned". Guess working out our salvation with fear and trembling does not quite come across as a warning to put away self seeking and pride. Me as much as I sin and say things I have to ask forgiveness for all the time, I do realize when typing comments we do actually have the time to think carefully. It's the fear of and the love for God that should lead us into more obedience.
Is talking about numbers worse than saying someone doesn't know God? 444

something that is hard to master, is the art of thinking quickly speaking slowly. I most certainly understand I'm not a master at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 24, 2017
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. (Revelation 22:5)
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

“And” 12838th (7 x 7 x 262) occurrence
“And there” 47 books of the Bible.
“And there” 141 (47 x 3) occurrence in the NT.
“And there shall” 63rd (7 x 9) occurrence in 56 (7 x 8) chapters in 23 books of the Bible.
“And there shall” 14th (7 x 2) occurrence in the NT.
“there shall” 47th occurrence in 46 verses of the NT.
“there shall” 42nd (7 x 6) occurrence in 28 (7 x 4) chapters of the NT. (case)
“there shall be” 94th (47 x 2)occurrence in 92 (46 x 2) verses of the Bible. (case)
“shall be” 287th (7 x 41) verse of the NT.
“shall be no” 35 (7 x 5) chapters in 14 (7 x 2) books of the Bible.
“be no” 92nd (46 x 2) occurrence in 90 verses in 77 chapters.
“no” 644th (7 x 23 x 4) chapter of the Bible. (case)
“no” (1st) 469th (7x 67) occurrence in the NT.
“no” (1st) 446th (223 x 2) occurrence
“night” 307th occurrence in 296 (37 x 8) verses in 46 books of the Bible.
“night” 294th (7 x 7 x 6) verse in 219 (73 x 3) chapters of the Bible. (case)
“night*” 232 (77 x 3) chapters of the Bible.
“night*” 323rd occurrence in 230 chapters in 46 books of the Bible. (case)
“night*” 63 (7 x 9) verses in 14 books of the NT.
“there” (2nd) 2086th (7 x 298) occurrence in the Bible. (case)
“there” (2nd) (7 x 54) in 185 (37 x 5) chapters in NT.
“and they” 1085th (7 x 155) verse in the Bible. (case)
“and they” 490th (70 x 7) occurrence in the NT.
“and they” (1st) 207th (23 x 9) occurrence in the NT. (case)
“they” 5467th (77 x 71) verse in the Bible.
“they” 5254th (37 x 42) verse in the Bible. (case)
“they” 1484th (7 x 212) verse in the NT.
“they” (1st) 1884th (157 x 12) occurrence in the NT. (case)
“need” 49th (7x7) occurrence in 47 verses 42 (7 x 6) chapters of the Bible.
“no” (2nd) 1393rd (7 x 199) occurrence
“no” (2nd) 470th occurrence in 188 (47 x 4) chapters of the NT.
“no” (2nd) 447th occurrence in 184 (46 x 4) chapters of the NT. (case)
“candle*” 70th occurrence in 56 (7 x 8) verses of the Bible.
“neither” 196th (7 x 7 x 4) verse of the NT.
“neither” 184th (46 x 4) in 161 (7 x 23) verses in the NT. (case)
“light” 235 (47 x 5) verses in 46 books of the Bible.
“light 231 (77 x 3) verses in 161 (7 x 23) chapters and 46 books.
“light” (1st) 175th (7 x 25) occurrence in the NT. (case)
light” (2nd) 177the occurrence in the OT.
“light of” 14 (7 x 2) books of the Bible.
“light of” 7 books of the NT.
“light of the” 23rd occurrence in 21 (7 x 3) verses and 12 books of the Bible.
“of the sun” 24th (12 x 2) occurrence in the 23rd verse and 23rd chapter of the Bible.
“the sun” 140th (70x 2) in 133 (7 x 19) verses and 35 (7 x 5) books of the Bible. (case)
“the sun” 28th ( 7 x 4) occurrence in 28 verses and 27 chapters of the NT.
“the sun” 27th occurrence in 27 verses of the Bible.
“for the” 63 (7 x 9) books of the Bible.
“for the” 630 (70 x 9) chapters of the Bible. (case)
“for the” 294th (7 x 7 x 6) verse in the NT.
“for the” 137 chapters in 21 (7 x 3) books of the NT. (case)

I will go ahead and finish this one and post it here.