The bible summed up in a single sentence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
"Be wise and live long."

Most sin shortens your life or does something else bad. Others of course are related to the preservation of the faith and perhaps something else I'm missing off the top of my head. I thought if I simplified what a sin is I could more greatly understand and interpret the bible.

Have a happy new year.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The bible is an instruction manual for the human God created, instructions for his abundant and everlasting life.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
"Be wise and live long."

Most sin shortens your life or does something else bad. Others of course are related to the preservation of the faith and perhaps something else I'm missing off the top of my head. I thought if I simplified what a sin is I could more greatly understand and interpret the bible.

Have a happy new year.
I believe the original definition of sin was an arrow missing its mark.
When applied to how one lives their life, someone doing something other than what is positive and right, would then miss the mark.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! Kafziel... PTL!
To sin or to miss the mark is to react to temptation other than as Jesus would have done.
Whatsoever is not of faith, is sin. Rom 14:23
To know to do right and do it not, is sin. Jam 4:17
"All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death." 1 Jn 5:17
When another doesn't sin unto death, prayer will have the Lord give them life. 1 Jn 5:16
When another sins unto death, prayer will not help. 1 Jn 5:16

In fact, one might say that sin falls into one of three categories:
Lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the deceitful pride of life.

There are also three consequences of sin:
A spiritual, a soulish, and a physical consequence.
For example, let's take the alcoholic:
The spiritual consequence of any sin is eternal death that only Jesus can save us from.
The soulish consequence of being an alcoholic is found in ruined relationships.
The physical consequence of being an alcoholic is that one's liver is slowly destroyed.

The Holy Spirit uses the scriptures of our devotions to put, here a little, and there a little; the Lord's commandments onto our hearts and into our minds, fulfilling the promise of the New Covenant. This is how we are transformed into the image of Christ as we are predestined to be as Jesus' blood purges our consciences from dead works, so that we may serve the Lord with a clean heart as we are set free as a result from our sins, addictions, and cravings. This process is how we become of those who: "beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then we have confidence toward God. and whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments and do those things that are p[leasing in his sight." So that one might say that a clear conscience empowers full power faith!
Maranatha!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
thank you :)

it's not a book about me; tho it contains wisdom, tho it contains instruction, tho it contains words of life -- it is a revelation of the person and work of the Lord Almighty

He who gives and instructs in wisdom, and knowledge of whom is life. it is about Him. i find my life in it only inasmuch as He is life, and it is about Him. i don't read it looking for myself in it, but Christ

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I believe the original definition of sin was an arrow missing its mark.
When applied to how one lives their life, someone doing something other than what is positive and right, would then miss the mark.
all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
(Romans 3:23)
img.jpg

danja

Nov 28, 2014
Love Jesus and love and serve one another

Apr 15, 2017
Or one word...... "love"
That is true, love, not only on God's part, but on our part.

For the truth is what saves us is love, for love is the fulfilling of the law, and the world cannot truly love unless they have the Spirit, which is provided to us by the blood of Christ, for then we are a clean temple with our sins forgiven.

If we could love perfectly then Jesus would of never had to shed His blood, but we cannot love perfectly without God intervening in our life, for the flesh would not permit it.

Mar 28, 2016
A parable of Christ our husband seeking after his bride the church the new creation .

Oct 12, 2012
God revealed through the unveiling of creation and covenants, good and evil, falls and redemption, while manifesting His goodness as the sacrifice that takes away the sins of the world; allowing all who would, to come into this domain of light and darkness and partake of God's drama called the Kingdom of God. 😋

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
thank you :)

it's not a book about me; tho it contains wisdom, tho it contains instruction, tho it contains words of life -- it is a revelation of the person and work of the Lord Almighty

He who gives and instructs in wisdom, and knowledge of whom is life. it is about Him. i find my life in it only inasmuch as He is life, and it is about Him. i don't read it looking for myself in it, but Christ
The bible is scripture, not about Christ alone but about the complete God. It is not a book about sin alone, but about God in His completeness, the God who is I Am.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
"Be wise and live long."

Have a happy new year.

We might want to be wary about receiving theology lessons from someone who admits in his profile he's not a Christian, who's forum name is taken from occultism, who's promoting occultic practices in another thread, and who clearly, from the above post, knows nothing about the Bible.

Just a thought.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
We might want to be wary about receiving theology lessons from someone who admits in his profile he's not a Christian, who's forum name is taken from occultism, who's promoting occultic practices in another thread, and who clearly, from the above post, knows nothing about the Bible.

Just a thought..
I'm still in my exploratory stage of finding a religion, have been for years. I'm not really anything at this point. I do find the bible has a lot of true to it. I suppose you could say I'm more gnostic than anything, I study all religions. I mistitled the thread actually, what it should really read is "The moral code of the bible summed up in a single sentence". It's important not just to know is a sin but why it is a sin.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I mistitled the thread actually, what it should really read is "The moral code of the bible summed up in a single sentence". It's important not just to know is a sin but why it is a sin.

I suppose you could say I'm more gnostic than anything

If that was the title, your view of the "moral code of the bible" would still be so far off as to be virtually antithetical to scripture.