The Bible Verse By Verse Continued...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
1 Samuel 11:4 (NASB)
[SUP]4 [/SUP] Then the messengers came to Gibeah of Saul and spoke these words in the hearing of the people, and all the people lifted up their voices and wept.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 11:5
King James Version(KJV)

5.)And, behold, Saul came after the herd out of the field; and Saul said, What aileth the people that they weep? And they told him the tidings of the men of Jabesh.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 11:7 (KJV)
And he took a yoke of oxen, and hewed them in pieces, and sent them throughout all the coasts of Israel by the hands of messengers, saying, Whosoever cometh not forth after Saul and after Samuel, so shall it be done unto his oxen. And the fear of the LORD fell on the people, and they came out with one consent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 11:9 (GNT)

"[FONT=&quot]They said to the messengers from Jabesh, “Tell your people that before noon tomorrow they will be rescued.” When the people of Jabesh received the message, they were overjoyed[/FONT]"
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 11:11 (GNT)

"That night Saul divided his men into three groups, and at dawn the next day they rushed into the enemy camp and attacked the Ammonites. By noon they had slaughtered them. The survivors scattered, each man running off by himself."



 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 11:15
King James Version(KJV)

15.) And all the people went to Gilgal; and there they made Saul king before the LORD in Gilgal; and there they sacrificed sacrifices of peace offerings before the LORD; and there Saul and all the men of Israel rejoiced greatly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 12:1 (NASB)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] Then Samuel said to all Israel, "Behold, I have listened to your voice in all that you said to me and I have appointed a king over you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 12:3
New International Version (NIV)


Here I stand. Testify against me in the presence of the LORD and his anointed. Whose ox have I taken? Whose donkey have I taken? Whom have I cheated? Whom have I oppressed? From whose hand have I accepted a bribe to make me shut my eyes? If I have done any of these things, I will make it right.”
 
1 Samuel 12:7 (NASB)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] "So now, take your stand, that I may plead with you before the LORD concerning all the righteous acts of the LORD which He did for you and your fathers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 12:8 (KJV)
When Jacob was come into Egypt, and your fathers cried unto the LORD, then the LORD sent Moses and Aaron, which brought forth your fathers out of Egypt, and made them dwell in this place.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod