The Bible Verse By Verse Continued...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
1 Samuel 15:35
New International Version (NIV)


Until the day Samuel died, he did not go to see Saul again, though Samuel mourned for him. And the LORD regretted that he had made Saul king over Israel.
 
[h=1](1 Samuel 16:1): ...New American Standard Bible (NASB)[/h][h=3]Samuel Goes to Bethlehem[/h]16 Now the Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you grieve over Saul, since I have rejected him from being king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and go; I will send you to Jesse the Bethlehemite, for I have selected a king for Myself among his sons.”
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
[h=1](1 Samuel 16:2): ...New American Standard Bible (NASB)[/h]2 But Samuel said, “How can I go? When Saul hears of it, he will kill me.” And the Lord said, “Take a heifer with you and say, ‘I have come to sacrifice to the Lord.’


 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
[h=1](1 Samuel 16:3): ...New International Version (NIV)[/h]3 Invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what to do. You are to anoint for me the one I indicate.”
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 16:5 Samuel replied, "Yes, in peace; I have come to sacrifice to the LORD. Consecrate yourselves and come to the sacrifice with me." Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons and invited them to the sacrifice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 16:7 (NASB)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 16:9
New International Version (NIV)


Jesse then had Shammah pass by, but Samuel said, “Nor has the LORD chosen this one.”
 
1 Samuel 16:11 (NASB)
[SUP]11 [/SUP] And Samuel said to Jesse, "Are these all the children?" And he said, "There remains yet the youngest, and behold, he is tending the sheep." Then Samuel said to Jesse, "Send and bring him; for we will not sit down until he comes here."
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod
1 Samuel 16:13 (KJV)
Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
 
  • Like
Reactions: willfollowsGod