The Bible Verse By Verse Continued...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
[h=1](2 Samuel 1:5): ...New American Standard Bible (NASB)[/h]5 So David said to the young man who told him, “How do you know that Saul and his son Jonathan are dead?”

Nov 22, 2015
2 Samuel 1:6 (NASB)
[SUP]6 [/SUP] The young man who told him said, "By chance I happened to be on Mount Gilboa, and behold, Saul was leaning on his spear. And behold, the chariots and the horsemen pursued him closely.

Apr 14, 2011
2 Samuel 1:7
New International Version (NIV)

When he turned around and saw me, he called out to me, and I said, ‘What can I do?’

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
2 Samuel 1:9 (KJV)

And when they had stripped him, they took his head, and his armour, and sent into the land of the Philistines round about, to carry tidings unto their idols, and to the people

Nov 22, 2015
2 Samuel 1:10 (NASB)
[SUP]10 [/SUP] "So I stood beside him and killed him, because I knew that he could not live after he had fallen. And I took the crown which was on his head and the bracelet which was on his arm, and I have brought them here to my lord."

Apr 14, 2011
2 Samuel 1:9 (KJV)

And when they had stripped him, they took his head, and his armour, and sent into the land of the Philistines round about, to carry tidings unto their idols, and to the people
That is not 2 Samuel 1:9. This is:

2 Samuel 1:9

“Then he said to me, ‘Stand here by me and kill me! I’m in the throes of death, but I’m still alive.’

Apr 14, 2011
2 Samuel 1:11

Then David and all the men with him took hold of their clothes and tore them.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
[h=1](2 Samuel 1:12): ...New American Standard Bible (NASB)[/h]12 They mourned and wept and fasted until evening for Saul and his son Jonathan and for the people of the Lord and the house of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
(2 Samuel 1:13): ...New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 David said to the young man who told him, “Where are you from?” And he answered, “I am the son of an alien, an Amalekite.”

F

FeedtheMachine

2 Samuel 1:16 (KJV)

And David said to him, "Your blood be on your head, for your own mouth has testified against you, saying, 'I have killed the LORD's anointed.'"

Nov 22, 2015
2 Samuel 1:17 (NASB)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] Then David chanted with this lament over Saul and Jonathan his son,

Mar 23, 2014
(Ezek36:17 KJV) Son of man, whenthe house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their..own way and by their doings:their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood thatthey had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they hadpolluted it.

(Ezek36:22 KJV) Thereforesay unto the house of Israel,Thus saith the Lord GOD; Ido not this for your sakes,O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake,which ye have profaned among the heathen,whither ye went.

(Ezek36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, andgather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your ownland.

(Ezek36:31 KJV) Thenshall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were notgood,and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities andfor your abominations.

(Ezek36:32 KJV) Notfor your sakes do I this,saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: beashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

(Ezek21:24 KJV) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye havemade your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions arediscovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because,I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with thehand.
(Ezek21:25 KJV) And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose dayis come, when iniquity shall have an end,
(Ezek21:31 KJV) And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, Iwill blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee intothe hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
(Ezek21:32 KJV) Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be inthe midst of the land; thoushalt be no more remembered:for I the LORD have spoken it.

:)-

Nov 22, 2015
2 Samuel 1:18 (NASB)
[SUP]18 [/SUP] and he told them to teach the sons of Judah the song of the bow; behold, it is written in the book of Jashar.

Apr 14, 2011
2 Samuel 1:19

“A gazelle[a] lies slain on your heights, Israel.
How the mighty have fallen!

a. Gazelle here symbolizes a human dignitary.

Nov 22, 2015
2 Samuel 1:20 (NASB)
[SUP]20 [/SUP] "Tell it not in Gath, Proclaim it not in the streets of Ashkelon, Or the daughters of the Philistines will rejoice, The daughters of the uncircumcised will exult.

Sep 6, 2014
2 Samuel 1:21 (KJV)
Ye mountains of Gilboa, let there be no dew, neither let there be rain, upon you, nor fields of offerings: for there the shield of the mighty is vilely cast away, the shield of Saul, as though he had not been anointed with oil.

Sep 6, 2014
2 Samuel 1:22 (KJV)
From the blood of the slain, from the fat of the mighty, the bow of Jonathan turned not back, and the sword of Saul returned not empty.