The Bible Verse By Verse Continued...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

Jeremiah 19:5

They have built the high places of Baal to burn their children in the fire as offerings to Baal—something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind.

G

Godsgirl83

Jeremiah 19:6

So beware, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when people will no longer call this place Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter.

Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah 19:7 (NKJV)
And I will make void the counsel of Judah and Jerusalem in this place, and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies and by the hands of those who seek their lives; their corpses I will give as meat for the birds of the heaven and for the beasts of the earth.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 19:9 (CJB)

I will cause them to eat the flesh of their own sons and daughters;
everyone will be eating the flesh of his friends during the siege,
because of the shortage imposed on them by their enemies and those set on killing them.”’

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 19:10 (CJB)

“Then you are to smash the jar in front of the people who went with you,

Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah 19:11 (NKJV)
and say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: “Even so I will break this people and this city, as one breaks a potter’s vessel, which cannot be made whole again; and they shall bury them in Tophet till there is no place to bury.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 19:13 (NET)

The houses in Jerusalem and the houses of the kings of Judah will be defiled by dead bodies just like this place, Topheth.
For they offered sacrifice to the stars and poured out drink offerings to other gods on the roofs of those houses.’”

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 19:14 (NET)

Then Jeremiah left Topheth where the Lord had sent him to give that prophecy.
He went to the Lord’s temple and stood in its courtyard and called out to all the people.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 19:15 (NET)

“The Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says, ‘I will soon bring on this city and all the towns surrounding it all the disaster I threatened to do to it. I will do so because they have stubbornly refused to pay any attention to what I have said!’”

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 20:1 (CSB)

Pashhur the priest, the son of Immer and chief official in the temple of the Lord, heard Jeremiah prophesying these things.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 20:2 (CSB)

So Pashhur had the prophet Jeremiah beaten and put him in the stocks at the Upper Benjamin Gate in the Lord’s temple.

Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah 20:4 (NKJV)
For thus says the LORD: ‘Behold, I will make you a terror to yourself and to all your friends; and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and your eyes shall see it. I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive to Babylon and slay them with the sword.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 20:5 (1599 Geneva Bible)

Moreover, I will deliver all the substance of this city, and all the labors thereof, and all the precious things thereof,
and all the treasures of the Kings of Judah will I give into the hand of their enemies, which shall spoil them,
and take them away and carry them to Babel.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 20:6 (1599 Geneva Bible)

And thou Pashhur, and all that dwell in thine house, shall go into captivity, and thou shalt come to Babel,
and there thou shalt die, and shalt be buried there, thou and all thy friends, to whom thou hast prophesied lies.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 20:9 (NIV)

But if I say, ‘I will not mention his word or speak any more in his name,’ his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.