The Bible Verse By Verse Continued...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 43:12 (CSB)

I will kindle a fire in the temples of Egypt’s gods, and he will burn them and take them captive. He will clean the land
of Egypt as a shepherd picks lice off his clothes, and he will leave there unscathed.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Jeremiah 43:13

There in the temple of the sun in Egypt he will demolish the sacred pillars and will burn down the temples of the gods of Egypt.’”

Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah 44:2 (NKJV)
“Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘You have seen all the calamity that I have brought on Jerusalem and on all the cities of Judah; and behold, this day they are a desolation, and no one dwells in them,

Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah 44:7 (NKJV)
“Now therefore, thus says the LORD, the God of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Why do you commit this great evil against yourselves, to cut off from you man and woman, child and infant, out of Judah, leaving none to remain,

Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah 44:8 (NKJV)
in that you provoke Me to wrath with the works of your hands, burning incense to other gods in the land of Egypt where you have gone to dwell, that you may cut yourselves off and be a curse and a reproach among all the nations of the earth?

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 44:9 (NIV)

Have you forgotten the wickedness committed by your ancestors and by the kings and queens of Judah and
the wickedness committed by you and your wives in the land of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Jer 44:11
Amplified Bible
“Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, ‘Behold, I am going to set My face against you for woe—even to cut off (destroy) all Judah [from the land].

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 44:12 (NIV)

I will take away the remnant of Judah who were determined to go to Egypt to settle there. They will all perish in Egypt; they will fall by the sword or die from famine. From the least to the greatest, they will die by sword or famine.
They will become a curse and an object of horror, a curse and an object of reproach.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Jeremiah 44:13 (NIV)

I will punish those who live in Egypt with the sword, famine and plague, as I punished Jerusalem.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Jeremiah 44:14
Amplified Bible
so none of the survivors from the remnant of Judah who have entered the land of Egypt to live there will survive, even though they lift up their souls in longing to return to the land of Judah, [the place] to which they long to return to live; none will return except a few refugees.’”

Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah 44:15 (NKJV)
Then all the men who knew that their wives had burned incense to other gods, with all the women who stood by, a great multitude, and all the people who dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying:

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Jeremiah 44:17
Amplified Bible
But rather we will certainly perform every word of the vows we have made: to burn sacrifices to the queen of heaven (Ishtar) and to pour out drink offerings to her, just as we ourselves and our forefathers, our kings and our princes did in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem; for [then] we had plenty of food and were prosperous and saw no misfortune.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Jeremiah 44:18
Amplified Bible
But since we stopped burning sacrifices to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine.”