The Bible

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
A Lesson Learned
I find God to be most amazing in His way
of teaching us lessons about life.
I purchased a special gift that would be
lasting for as long as the recipietent wants
to keep it.
In the front of the 'Book' the top line is
for the 'Presenter' to put their name. Below
that 'presented to' line for their name.
My handwriting is not as pretty as it once
was. I was concentrating so hard on writing
neatly, when to my horror, I discovered I put
the 'presented to' name, instead of mine.
Panic set in. Oh, no what to do? White out.
Yeah, I know, white out on shiny paper do not
cover errors well. Not to speak of the fact it
is obvious an error was made. A whole line at that.
I did it anyway. I tried smoothing the white
out, but you know that does not work either. So,
I know what I will do, write over my signature
and pray it comes out neat. NOT !!!
I went ahead and put the 'Book' back into the
box wrapped some tissue paper around it, slipped
it into a gift bag. That worried me and I could
not get it out of my mind. I can't give this to
her like that. Lord ? What can I do?
I have some labels and I sorted through some
hoping to find scripture or pretty one that would
not look tacky and obvious an error had been made.
I just needed to cover that one line.
I asked my husband, what do you think? Should
I cut out the page? It won't harm the info she will
be putting in. He agreed a label would be suitable13
if I could find something appropriate. I searched
and found one that worked perfectly. I asked him
to please put it in for me, I did not want to mess
this up.
Now you wonder what did I learn from this? I tried
one more time to see if I could maybe use a heavier
tip pen, and do a little flair and it would come out
as if I never made a flaw. Not going to happen.
My lesson? The harder we try to cover up a mistake,
the more of a mess we make of it.
That is where Jesus comes in. I made a mess of my
life and needed Him to cover my sins and even though
my sin is under that label, my sins are under the
Blood of Jesus. Bless the Lord for teaching us we
can't cover our errors by trying to write over them
without it only being more obvious.
One great thing, Jesus is forgiving. And the Word
of God stays the same forever. ~jkh ~ 9/20/13
[ a repost ]
2.14.14




​