The biggest falling away in the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 11, 2024
2 Thess2:3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

The biggest falling away in the Bible this next chapter.

Rev12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Could this be the fallen away that was spoken of in 2Thessalonians

The Angels falling away from their faith by the hundreds of thousands maybe even millions

Dark Angels fall into the Earth by the thousands.

Could this be that falling away that Paul was speaking about.

The reason I questioned it, that fallen away from the church, is the church is very small, and only made up of true believers. it looks big when you go on the Internet but really it's very small and few there be that find it. So a falling away from the church it doesn't make sense.

I can see the established churches being here right until the man of sin sits in the temple.

When I read

Matthew 24 the beginning of sorrow. I see being brought before the council, is being brought before the Council of the churches. and they when they kill you, I see the church killing you. Does anybody else read it like that when they read Matthew 24 the beginning of sorrow bit?

anyway Got off track. is this the great falling away spoke of in the Bible before the man of sin can be revealed?

Feb 17, 2023
2 Thess2:3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Rev12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The Angels falling away from their faith by the hundreds of thousands maybe even millions

The reason I questioned it, that fallen away from the church, is the church is very small, and only made up of true believers. it looks big when you go on the Internet but really it's very small and few there be that find it. So a falling away from the church it doesn't make sense.

I can see the established churches being here right until the man of sin sits in the temple.

When I read

Matthew 24 the beginning of sorrow. I see being brought before the council, is being brought before the Council of the churches. and they when they kill you, I see the church killing you. Does anybody else read it like that when they read Matthew 24 the beginning of sorrow bit?

anyway Got off track. is this the great falling away spoke of in the Bible before the man of sin can be revealed?

Paul wasn't thinking of angels. What does Paul mean when he talks about falling away? From what? He's referring to salvation. Angels can't be saved. Salvation is only for humans. So this great falling refers to people who fall away from the Lord because they didn't strengthen their faith in Him to endure to the end like He said they should.

🍣

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
If you saw the opening blasphemous scene at the Paris Olympics, it's easy to see that many are being deceived into perverse lifestyles. When this 'Lawless One' comes out, unfortunately most of these already deceived people will fall for his charismatic nature, and be glad to join his team. Sadly even some in the Church who are twisting Scripture to suit others. Our job is to reach those we come in contact with and show them the love of Christ in whatever capacity we can. Good question and this is my pov, w/o an in depth study, so nothing is written in stone here, lol.

BOY

Oct 11, 2024
Paul wasn't thinking of angels. What does Paul mean when he talks about falling away? From what? He's referring to salvation. Angels can't be saved. Salvation is only for humans. So this great falling refers to people who fall away from the Lord because they didn't strengthen their faith in Him to endure to the end like He said they should.

🍣
I thought falling away was falling away from the faith, where did you get the idea of he was talking about salvation

BOY

Oct 11, 2024

🍣
hi what about the rest of my comment any thoughts on that. The beginning of sorrow peace?

BOY

Oct 11, 2024

🍣
But you might be wright

Feb 17, 2023
I thought falling away was falling away from the faith, where did you get the idea of he was talking about salvation
Falling away from the faith is also losing your salvation. No faith in God is willingly putting yourself out of God's hand and His salvation.

I know a lot of people don't think we can put ourselves out of God's will, but they won't acknowledge that we retain our free will even when we declare the Lord Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

For example, if a Christian doesn't build up their faith to endure to the end, when they realize that the antichrist is revealed and they're still here, they will face persecution, the mark of the beast and high possibility of dying before they grow old. Such a person has a higher risk of falling away from the Lord and taking the mark to avoid starvation and persecution. If they take the mark, are they still saved? The Bible says no:

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

So they don't even have to worship the beast and its image. Just receiving the mark of the beast is enough. This shows that they don't really trust God to provide for them without the mark of the beast or to keep them safe in death for refusing the mark. Some will say they were never Christians to begin with and that is possible, but if the Bible says that some of them actually were, then I'm going with what the Bible says.

🐳

BOY

Oct 11, 2024
Falling away from the faith is also losing your salvation. No faith in God is willingly putting yourself out of God's hand and His salvation.

I know a lot of people don't think we can put ourselves out of God's will, but they won't acknowledge that we retain our free will even when we declare the Lord Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

For example, if a Christian doesn't build up their faith to endure to the end, when they realize that the antichrist is revealed and they're still here, they will face persecution, the mark of the beast and high possibility of dying before they grow old. Such a person has a higher risk of falling away from the Lord and taking the mark to avoid starvation and persecution. If they take the mark, are they still saved? The Bible says no:

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

So they don't even have to worship the beast and its image. Just receiving the mark of the beast is enough. This shows that they don't really trust God to provide for them without the mark of the beast or to keep them safe in death for refusing the mark. Some will say they were never Christians to begin with and that is possible, but if the Bible says that some of them actually were, then I'm going with what the Bible says.

🐳
I have no doubt that people will fall away and take the mark, Because they are weak in faith. And are not willing to lay down their life literally. that's the thing with a pre tribulation belief, There's no need of urgency to read and study the word to strengthen your faith so you can lay down your life literally, if we have to.

BOY

Oct 11, 2024
Even if Paul was thinking about the church when he said "the fallen away must come before the man of sin" .
It's nice to know about the big falling away, when the devil and his angels are kicked out onto the Earth. Hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of dark angels fall to the Earth. It's nice to be prepared for that scenario. I can't imagine the actual angels walking around down here, but maybe spirit fill other humans or possess humans I would suppose. The thing is, when the enemy comes in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against it. Our faith will be enough to deal with such an outpouring of dark spirits.

Jul 31, 2013
It's nice to know about the big falling away, when the devil and his angels are kicked out onto the Earth. Hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of dark angels fall to the Earth.
in Job, when God makes Satan confess where he has been, it's not in heaven, but going to and fro on earth.

and Jesus told His disciples that he saw Satan fall, like lightning.

so.. i don't see him being thrown out of heaven as a future event, but in the past, in fact probably before the creation of man.

BOY

Oct 11, 2024
in Job, when God makes Satan confess where he has been, it's not in heaven, but going to and fro on earth.

and Jesus told His disciples that he saw Satan fall, like lightning.

so.. i don't see him being thrown out of heaven as a future event, but in the past, in fact probably before the creation of man.
Rev12:7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Oct 24, 2012

When I read

there are many views, yet only one view from God Father's view. Yes we have all the Church's today, yet are only buildings to God, not to man. Man has many harbingers, that began at AD 70 when the Temple was broken down. For the new place of worship is within the born again people born new by God through risen Son for them, not to make anyone better than anyone else ever IMHO. Humility
To be made wise as serpents and remain humble as a dove (Matt 10:16-20)
Seeing Hebrews

Hebrews 8:1-4

Authorized (King James) Version

Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; a minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

We, the people are mixing Law and grace as if mixing water and cement. This forms in people once poured out onto the ground (into minds), it sets in us our thoughtful minds sets. we believe and fight and argue over things, as in 1 Cor 3, Paul talks of to the Corinthians about the immaturity in us, I see it in me too.

Authorized (King James) Version

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal:

Come out of her my people, out of religion trying to be a "Betty better than others there"

God loves us all so much, god sent Son to die in our deserved stead, then risen again and fronts to be new in the same love and mercy given us by son to us willingly. So be willing back to God please, reconciled as in 2Cor 5:17-20