the biggest problem: sex.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2020
homosexuality, incest, pedophilia, zoophilia, necrophilia are forbidden, the sex must be done only between spouses, you can break up with your wife only if she committed adultery. God says: be fruitful and multiply. he doesn't say: make sex, he doesn't say: make love. the purpose of sex must be procreation. nevertheless, paul says to do your duty as a husband, to not fall into temptation, but he also says this: abstinence is the right way. bible quotes:
16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. (Exodus 22:16)
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. (Matthew 5:28)
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. (Matthew 5:32)
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)
God says this:
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)
paul says this:
7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. (1Corinthians 7:1-6)

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I see that you are new here. I do not agree that you come here trying to teach people, especially younger people on such sensitive topics.
Why do feel the need to do this? Such things should be between people through a developed relationship, not some preacher over a forum.
Apart from your sentence, you are way off.

R

Reformyourself

I see that you are new here. I do not agree that you come here trying to teach people, especially younger people on such sensitive topics.
Why do feel the need to do this? Such things should be between people through a developed relationship, not some preacher over a forum.
Apart from your sentence, you are way off.
What’s the difference between a new member and senior member?

Nov 26, 2012
homosexuality, incest, pedophilia, zoophilia, necrophilia are forbidden, the sex must be done only between spouses, you can break up with your wife only if she committed adultery. God says: be fruitful and multiply. he doesn't say: make sex, he doesn't say: make love. the purpose of sex must be procreation. nevertheless, paul says to do your duty as a husband, to not fall into temptation, but he also says this: abstinence is the right way. bible quotes:
16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. (Exodus 22:16)
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. (Matthew 5:28)
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. (Matthew 5:32)
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)
God says this:
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)
paul says this:
7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
What inspired you to write this? Do you feel compelled to preach sexual morality? Most people who aren’t asking either already know, or don’t really care. It not that I’m promoting zoophilia, but if was practicing, I don’t think you’d find me here.

May 25, 2020
What inspired you to write this? Do you feel compelled to preach sexual morality? Most people who aren’t asking either already know, or don’t really care. It not that I’m promoting zoophilia, but if was practicing, I don’t think you’d find me here.
some people believe in bible is no law about this, it is

R

Reformyourself

A senior member would have built relationships and trust with people to a certain degree.
Trust? How do we trust people we’ve never met? We can only trust people are Christians, because they profess Christ. But as I have said before, anybody can say they’re a Christian ‘even the demons believe and tremble’.
Anyhoo, it’s a chat forum, so can’t people say what they want? If we’re offended, maybe that’s something we need to address in ourselves...I had homosexual desires for about 40 years, (and even an experience while married).
I’m sure many people were on that list somewhere ‘such as some of you were’. & If they still are, they need prayer of deliverance. Numbers 6:24-26 😐

Jul 20, 2019
I do feel that God shows lenience with holy matrimony divorce etc, why? Because man marries out of sinful desire or pragmatism. All it does is create bad feelings between two people who shouldn't have committed themselves to each other in the first place. It does everyone including the Lord a great injustice, as the unawake will see two married christians bickering and treating each other with disdain, then we have the children involved in such a bad connection which makes things much worse.

R

Reformyourself

I do feel that God shows lenience with holy matrimony divorce etc, why? Because man marries out of sinful desire or pragmatism. All it does is create bad feelings between two people who shouldn't have committed themselves to each other in the first place. It does everyone including the Lord a great injustice, as the unawake will see two married christians bickering and treating each other with disdain, then we have the children involved in such a bad connection which makes things much worse.
My hubby always says ‘God hates divorce’ but when I point out proverbs 6:16-19, he’s not so keen 😐
However, I agree that a bad ‘Christian’ marriage is not a good witness-to anyone

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Trust? How do we trust people we’ve never met? We can only trust people are Christians, because they profess Christ. But as I have said before, anybody can say they’re a Christian ‘even the demons believe and tremble’.
Anyhoo, it’s a chat forum, so can’t people say what they want? If we’re offended, maybe that’s something we need to address in ourselves...I had homosexual desires for about 40 years, (and even an experience while married).
I’m sure many people were on that list somewhere ‘such as some of you were’. & If they still are, they need prayer of deliverance. Numbers 6:24-26 😐
Thats why I said to a 'certain degree'. We can get to know each other to a 'certain degree' mannerisms, ways of speaking, attitudes.

To answer your question, yes people can say what they want but expect all sorts of replies. And by your questioning me on my view, should my view be censored? I thought we could say what we want? :)
I understand your POV, but I don't agree when people join our community and start hammering on about such subjects immediately. It makes me question their motive and reason for being here.
Am I wrong that? Possibly. But for now, I'm not happy about it - though I'm over it, it is what it is. And everyone who doesn't agree with my view will have to deal with it.

I'm honestly not sure why you brought your personal circumstance from the past into this but thanks for sharing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Trust? How do we trust people we’ve never met?
We come to trust people we have never met based on our exposure to their post history, the content of which shows us their interests and gives us a sense of who they are as people, especially in how they treat others, all the more so, those they disagree with or find disagreeable (character). For example, the person to whom you posed this question is someone I would consider trustworthy :D @breno785au has proven himself trustworthy to me by treating people with respect, as well as having a solid grasp of the gospel message, which he shares freely.

R

Reformyourself

Thats why I said to a 'certain degree'. We can get to know each other to a 'certain degree' mannerisms, ways of speaking, attitudes.

To answer your question, yes people can say what they want but expect all sorts of replies. And by your questioning me on my view, should my view be censored? I thought we could say what we want? :)
I understand your POV, but I don't agree when people join our community and start hammering on about such subjects immediately. It makes me question their motive and reason for being here.
Am I wrong that? Possibly. But for now, I'm not happy about it - though I'm over it, it is what it is. And everyone who doesn't agree with my view will have to deal with it.

I'm honestly not sure why you brought your personal circumstance from the past into this but thanks for sharing.
Lol yes, you’re entitled to your opinion too. Sorry 😐 just thought you were telling them off.
I’d been searching for fellowship since 2011, and gave up! My trust has gone. I share personal stuff because;
1. It needs to come out
2. It might help someone else
3. The Lord knows what I’ve done, so it doesn’t matter who else knows

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
We come to trust people we have never met based on our exposure to their post history, the content of which shows us their interests and gives us a sense of who they are as people, especially in how they treat others, all the more so, those they disagree with or find disagreeable (character). For example, the person to whom you posed this question is someone I would consider trustworthy :D @breno785au has proven himself trustworthy to me by treating people with respect, as well as having a solid grasp of the gospel message, which he shares freely.
Thats kind of you :) I find the same with you

Nov 26, 2012
I think many men and women I have witnessed in my life are both too selfish to enjoy a good marriage/partnership. The institution was never designed to be two individuals. It was always to be one “person” with two bodies. Because independence is widely promoted and celebrated I feel the success of marriage is fundamentally challenged. Even though my marriage is not ideal and often brings disharmony, God has specifically told me to stay. Although my children have seen fighting and bickering, they have also seen resolve and self sacrifice. Through the darkest days they see sometimes when two people spend a life together, you won’t always get along, and it won’t always be easy. Sometimes you have to love your enemies when they are sleeping beside you in the same bed. I will say my less than perfect marriage has shaped me and strengthened me to become a better prepared servant to Christ. Although the stone may not favour the chisel, in the hands of the Master Sculptor, beauty will be the final product. Embrace the “wilderness”. It is the crucible the Lord uses to purify us, separating the gold from the dross.

R

Reformyourself

I think many men and women I have witnessed in my life are both too selfish to enjoy a good marriage/partnership. The institution was never designed to be two individuals. It was always to be one “person” with two bodies. Because independence is widely promoted and celebrated I feel the success of marriage is fundamentally challenged. Even though my marriage is not ideal and often brings disharmony, God has specifically told me to stay. Although my children have seen fighting and bickering, they have also seen resolve and self sacrifice. Through the darkest days they see sometimes when two people spend a life together, you won’t always get along, and it won’t always be easy. Sometimes you have to love your enemies when they are sleeping beside you in the same bed. I will say my less than perfect marriage has shaped me and strengthened me to become a better prepared servant to Christ. Although the stone may not favour the chisel, in the hands of the Master Sculptor, beauty will be the final product. Embrace the “wilderness”. It is the crucible the Lord uses to purify us, separating the gold from the dross.
Thank you so much for sharing that. It really helped me understand what my purpose is. P.S. I’ve always secretly admired people who stuck it out when they have kids...absolutely agree that humanity (moi) is too selfish. We’re all about ‘human rights’ especially us women-now more than ever. When we want, or try to ‘die to self’ and pursue The Lord, we often allow ourselves to get distracted (deceived) with Society/media that talks us into ‘self esteem, vanity, envy, women’s rights/power etc. 😔

Nov 26, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing that. It really helped me understand what my purpose is. P.S. I’ve always secretly admired people who stuck it out when they have kids...absolutely agree that humanity (moi) is too selfish. We’re all about ‘human rights’ especially us women-now more than ever. When we want, or try to ‘die to self’ and pursue The Lord, we often allow ourselves to get distracted (deceived) with Society/media that talks us into ‘self esteem, vanity, envy, women’s rights/power etc. 😔
Yes I will say both men and women equally buy into false ideals about what masculinity and femininity must be. They say there’s no substitute for experience. In my experience I will say I’m never getting married again. If my wife retires from this life before myself, I will live out the rest of my days independently. That has probably been most of the problem in my marriage. I’m just too independent/capable. I have no needs. I’m in construction (professional plumber but basically do everything) and trained as a chef and personal trainer. Since I can build or fix anything from a house to dinner for a thousand people there is much expectation that lands on me. Where as most people live within their means and ignore impossibilities, I make many things possible. My day is never done. I have not rested in twenty-two years. I look forward to having nobody expecting something from me. Then I will finally have true freedom to serve the Lord fully.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
God says this:
paul says this:
I agree mostly. But sex is definitely not just for procreation. If it was we would be just like the animal kingdom. No emotional limits but only chemical reaction to the instincts within their species. All for survival. If sex for humans was all for survival then who cares if you have 1 wife compared to 100s? Survival for the human carries a different type of weight called morality.

Morality is attached to everything we do as to why is very emotional when a spouse is caught in adultery. If sex was just procreation it wouldn't carry such an emotional, physical, and spiritual connection.

It wouldn't need all the boundaries.

The Song of Songs paints a more than procreation feeling but in many ways describes the love of God for the church on such a intimate level as bride is to groom.

Nov 26, 2012
I agree mostly. But sex is definitely not just for procreation. If it was we would be just like the animal kingdom. No emotional limits but only chemical reaction to the instincts within their species. All for survival. If sex for humans was all for survival then who cares if you have 1 wife compared to 100s? Survival for the human carries a different type of weight called morality.

Morality is attached to everything we do as to why is very emotional when a spouse is caught in adultery. If sex was just procreation it wouldn't carry such an emotional, physical, and spiritual connection.

It wouldn't need all the boundaries.

The Song of Songs paints a more than procreation feeling but in many ways describes the love of God for the church on such a intimate level as bride is to groom.
How studied are you in psychology? I’m not saying you’re wrong in what you’ve wrote but much of what is attributed to the emotional connectivity has as much to do with learned behaviour, and how we formulate our identity and perceive value. Polygamy was accepted by men AND women. Their value was placed on strong offspring not just pleasure. We complicate the natural instinctive reproductive method with attaching emotions of personal value to it. Everything can be learned and unlearned. Our minds and emotions are linked and can be programmed and reprogrammed. Desire to procreate is hardwired. The emotional attachment to it is learned.

R

Reformyourself

Yes I will say both men and women equally buy into false ideals about what masculinity and femininity must be. They say there’s no substitute for experience. In my experience I will say I’m never getting married again. If my wife retires from this life before myself, I will live out the rest of my days independently. That has probably been most of the problem in my marriage. I’m just too independent/capable. I have no needs. I’m in construction (professional plumber but basically do everything) and trained as a chef and personal trainer. Since I can build or fix anything from a house to dinner for a thousand people there is much expectation that lands on me. Where as most people live within their means and ignore impossibilities, I make many things possible. My day is never done. I have not rested in twenty-two years. I look forward to having nobody expecting something from me. Then I will finally have true freedom to serve the Lord fully.
I don’t think it ever stops, but when we stop trying to please people we’ll be free indeed 😁

May 25, 2020
Roughsoul1991
you think animals want to procreate? then their souls are better, sex with a woman for sex is ...look at a mirror to see

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. (1 Corinthians 6:18)
who can stops you to have only one woman? only one woman is worse than no woman