The Car thread

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
my dad has Mitsubishi Lancer. My sister is driving it.

She got first dibs even though my bros are hinting she ought to buy her own car.

I've driven it but I don't feel comfortable driving my dad's car. I prefer my own.
i'll sell you a matchbox corvette!!!! nyuknyuknyuk
 
i'll sell you a matchbox corvette!!!! nyuknyuknyuk
I already have my own car! Plus I'm more hotwheels than matchbox. I have one of these

images-77.jpg
The OG monopoly car didn't have wheels that turned so, when you 'drove' around the Monopoly board really you were jumping around so it wasn't a smooth ride.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Red houses were hotels and greens were just ordinary rentals

images-78.jpg

This one needs to go to jail
 
I really don't like Monopoly, but when I did play it I always chose the car token when playing. Or the dog. The others were a top hat...and I think one was a battleship. Oh and a thimble. One looked like a wheel, I think it was meant to be a cannonball.

Also an iron

I suppose the OG Monopoly boards are collectors items now.
 
didn't know about that. were those vehicles made in the u.s.a.?

Not sure but the engines may have been made over in asia.
At this point all major manufacturers are having quality control issues regardless of where manufacturing is taking place.

I blame it on them young whipper snappers who have the attention span of a gnat

Not sure I like the fad for skinny headlights that are more like strips.

Yeah and when these malfunction you'll have to buy the entire headlight housing which will cost hundreds of dollars if not more.
I won't own a vehicle that I cannot reach in from the back and pop a new LED bulb in to as needed.
 
I really don't like Monopoly, but when I did play it I always chose the car token when playing. Or the dog. The others were a top hat...and I think one was a battleship. Oh and a thimble. One looked like a wheel, I think it was meant to be a cannonball.

Also an iron

I suppose the OG Monopoly boards are collectors items now.
top hat, thimble, iron, shoe, battleship cannon, race car & a purse were original t the game. indeed, a well preserved monopoly game can bring a couple of 100 $'s.
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch
Not sure but the engines may have been made over in asia.
At this point all major manufacturers are having quality control issues regardless of where manufacturing is taking place.

I blame it on them young whipper snappers who have the attention span of a gnat



Yeah and when these malfunction you'll have to buy the entire headlight housing which will cost hundreds of dollars if not more.
I won't own a vehicle that I cannot reach in from the back and pop a new LED bulb in to as needed.
you are so right about that. drunkenness & pot smoking destroy the ability to concentrate. its wise to stay current on automobile maintenance.
 
you are so right about that. drunkenness & pot smoking destroy the ability to concentrate. its wise to stay current on automobile maintenance.

When I was a kid I heard all the old timers warning that these hippies were going to be trouble.
They were right!
 
my dad has Mitsubishi Lancer. My sister is driving it.

She got first dibs even though my bros are hinting she ought to buy her own car.

I've driven it but I don't feel comfortable driving my dad's car. I prefer my own.
If my dad bequeathed his truck to me, I'd have to severely modify it to even make it useable for me. Ram trucks force me into a hunch and after breaking vertebrae, that becomes VERY painful very quickly.
 
AA magazine came today. Was looking at the new cars available

A lot of SUV crosses and hybrids now

Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid
Kia EV4
Forthing Taikon ( a new Chinese brand?)
Honda Prelude
Mini Countryman JCW ALL4
Volkswagen T-ROC

Not sure I like the fad for skinny headlights that are more like strips.

I take walks to get back in shape.
Yesterday I said that it's surprising how many electric cars are on the road now. It's hard to hear them approach and really need to watch out!