The Chat Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Always good to listen to that voice within you, there is always a reason for it...
Its extra difficult as I have severe ocd and other mental issues. It gets hard to tell which is God the devil or my brain. Heck it maybe all three sometimes šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I actually feel pretty good about it now. Once its said and done it didn't sting as much as I thought.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Its extra difficult as I have severe ocd and other mental issues. It gets hard to tell which is God the devil or my brain. Heck it maybe all three sometimes šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I actually feel pretty good about it now. Once its said and done it didn't sting as much as I thought.
Then it sounds like it was God. Your at peace. The Devil is about sowing confusion and chaos. When you at peace with God, the world may appear to be all disarray to the eyes, but if the soul is at peace with Our God, then what a Blessed state of to be in and within Our Lord.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Here is a little distraction. I'd say it is out of this world but you'd throw your toilet rolls at me. 89840443_2782504555167523_7322123210441359360_n.jpg

Jul 20, 2019
So does God send you the one? Because at the mall yesterday I was admiring a young lady, and thought to myself , what a fine woman. Well she looked over at me in a state of shock, just after I thought it. From then on couldn't stop making eye contact with me. :O and no it wasn't my imagination!

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
So does God send you the one? Because at the mall yesterday I was admiring a young lady, and thought to myself , what a fine woman. Well she looked over at me in a state of shock, just after I thought it. From then on couldn't stop making eye contact with me. :O and no it wasn't my imagination!
So what did you do?

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
<<<<<looks at the mail box with binoculars to see if God will be sending her General mail or Special delivery. I'm guess special delivery, she must be special, he is taking a long time with her. Maybe I should grab some popcorn, this could take a minutes or two and after all it is night time. Sleep now and pick this up in the morning maybe? Yes, that sounds much the better plan. Can save the popcorn then...and why not, everything else already has someone trying to save it....
We now return the thread to the serous question that was already asked in progress...

Jul 20, 2019
lol, nothing, although as I was on my way to the carpark she did turn around and look over as we walked past, how the heck did she know I was nearby?? Freaky. I think an older guy talking to a girl half his age and she is busy working in a kebab shop would be a bit creepy for her.

Jul 20, 2019
Never mind, I found the answer, Telepathy is not demonic, its supernatural thats all, some people are capable of it as was Jesus and I talk to God telepathically as most of us probably do.
Telepathy is OFTEN referred to in the Bible. Jesus is explicitly said to have known what Simon was thinking "in his heart", and it is on the basis of this knowledge that He says, "Simon, I have somewhat to tell thee" and proceeds to tell him the parable of the two debtors both of whom are forgiven. This is not the only time when Jesus is said to perceive what people are thinking in their hearts, but it is one of the more striking instances.

Another instance is the Old Testament story of Esau and Jacob. After Jacob hoodwinks his father and receives Esau's blessing for his own, Esau is said to be desiring to kill Jacob "in his heart". In the same chapter, what Esau was saying to himself "in his heart" was told to Rebecca.

The moral of this story is, people who call themselves Christian often lump things like telepathy in with "the occult" so blindly that they do not even notice when Jesus Himself practices that which they are condemning. Just because the Bible does not use a modern term like telepathy doesn't mean we can't use our heads and figure out what term or terms that it does use to describe what, after all, is nothing more or less than mind-to-mind communication, which happens throughout the Bible.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Never mind, I found the answer, Telepathy is not demonic, its supernatural thats all, some people are capable of it as was Jesus and I talk to God telepathically as most of us probably do.
Telepathy is OFTEN referred to in the Bible. Jesus is explicitly said to have known what Simon was thinking "in his heart", and it is on the basis of this knowledge that He says, "Simon, I have somewhat to tell thee" and proceeds to tell him the parable of the two debtors both of whom are forgiven. This is not the only time when Jesus is said to perceive what people are thinking in their hearts, but it is one of the more striking instances.

Another instance is the Old Testament story of Esau and Jacob. After Jacob hoodwinks his father and receives Esau's blessing for his own, Esau is said to be desiring to kill Jacob "in his heart". In the same chapter, what Esau was saying to himself "in his heart" was told to Rebecca.

The moral of this story is, people who call themselves Christian often lump things like telepathy in with "the occult" so blindly that they do not even notice when Jesus Himself practices that which they are condemning. Just because the Bible does not use a modern term like telepathy doesn't mean we can't use our heads and figure out what term or terms that it does use to describe what, after all, is nothing more or less than mind-to-mind communication, which happens throughout the Bible.
I would say we get feelings about things. Whether we call it intuition or a gut feeling it doesn't really matter. I think we have all had times when we walk into a room and sense that something is off. I have met someone and been taken aback by them. They looked fine but there was something that made me step back.
Years ago I was working admitting in a hospital. It was graveyard shift on the weekend. I had checked someone in and was leading them to an emergency bed. Suddenly I dropped to the ground. I'd never done that before but at the same time the fellow, who had been quiet, erupted in anger and took a swing at me from behind. I couldn't see him when it happened but I obeyed an impulse. I don't know the reason for his freak out, it could have been chemical, mental health or fear etc. I can't explain how I knew to do what I did but things like that can happen.
Maybe you will see her again. Pray about it and maybe you two might meet again and have a nice conversation. You never know. :)

Jul 20, 2019
I would say we get feelings about things. Whether we call it intuition or a gut feeling it doesn't really matter. I think we have all had times when we walk into a room and sense that something is off. I have met someone and been taken aback by them. They looked fine but there was something that made me step back.
Years ago I was working admitting in a hospital. It was graveyard shift on the weekend. I had checked someone in and was leading them to an emergency bed. Suddenly I dropped to the ground. I'd never done that before but at the same time the fellow, who had been quiet, erupted in anger and took a swing at me from behind. I couldn't see him when it happened but I obeyed an impulse. I don't know the reason for his freak out, it could have been chemical, mental health or fear etc. I can't explain how I knew to do what I did but things like that can happen.
Maybe you will see her again. Pray about it and maybe you two might meet again and have a nice conversation. You never know. :)
I know where to find her lol , she works at the kebab shop in the food court at the mall. I will have lunch there sometime this week and see what happens, and of course pray

Mar 14, 2020
North Carolina
Hi everyone, new here so thought I would throw my nickel's worth in. :) Has anyone got any suggestions for any good Netflix series to binge watch? With everything going on I knew I was going to in be more so just signed up for Netflix on my Roku.

exegete

Dec 23, 2018
My Tiny Apartment
Hi everyone, new here so thought I would throw my nickel's worth in. :) Has anyone got any suggestions for any good Netflix series to binge watch? With everything going on I knew I was going to in be more so just signed up for Netflix on my Roku.

Personally, I still have a bunch of DVD's to go through...who am I kidding, I still have a bunch of VHS TAPES to go through!

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Personally, I still have a bunch of DVD's to go through...who am I kidding, I still have a bunch of VHS TAPES to go through!
I got a few vhs. Mostly older anime and horror movies

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I don't have Netflix but my local library can order in things from other libraries so I can order different movies and some seasons of different TV shows. It is especially sweet when they have a recording of a season of a show I couldn't get on cable.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello Thankful55, I just finished the second season of their remake of the old TV series, Lost in Space. It's a very well-done, if you are a Sci-Fi fan, that is.

~Deut

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I have no suggestions, I don't have it myself. But I wanted to say Welcome to C.ChatšŸ˜ƒ!

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
Itā€™s that time again when mommy doesnā€™t get to sleep, yet everyone (even the dog) gets to sleep. So thankful Iā€™m also on maternity leave while this whole coronavirus is going on, cause lord knows being exposed to that.. and having a newborn is bad juju. Iā€™m gonna say it was all Godā€™s master plan for me to have my son about 2 weeks early so I wouldnā€™t have to stress and worry about the world outside my doors. Heā€™s good at keeping me out of trouble or out of harms way.

Thank you father for protecting me, my family and my friends. And than you lord for protecting my friends also on CC.

In Jesusā€™s name, Amen!!