The Chat Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
I will be so happy when this whole Covid thing comes to an end. I’m so tired of this:.. can’t hardly do anything anymore without having to wear a dang mask! 😔
I hope it does come to an end at some point. Just so I'll no longer have to worry about the possibility of getting infected with it. Seems like it's never going to end though. :(

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
there's such thing as a favorite???
:unsure:

I'm from "dairyland" now way you can pick just one type.......
Lol, I do get that. I lived up there for 3 years, and ate my share of curds for sure. My mom, brother and family are there, so whenever I visit I can get 'real' cheese... but to be honest... it's usually just curds. Well, and other forms of dairy like custard. :) Mmmmm...

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
Cheese:.....#quesadillas the Monterrey jack cheese melted with tapatío sauce and the greasier the better mmm enjoy that one. Also the mexican panela cheese you can’t miss that you can eat it alone. In conclusion, “white cheese“ Orange cheese is a big no no. 👎
Mmmm. This sounds delicious. It makes me think of the quesadillas I had night after night in St. Augustine. There is this little taco shop that we found the first night (a work friend of mine and I flew down for a week last year and stayed in another work friend's Airbnb.) It was called Burrito Works Taco Shop. Super affordable and reliably amazing food every time. We knew we should try other places, but just couldn't stop going there after we discovered it. Someday I can't wait to be back in Florida.

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
I’m not a fan of cheese... (I know bite my tongue right?) so I can actually live without it??

I like pizza... but I can live without it... I love pasta, but I can live without it cause there’s plain spaghetti that you don’t have to have Parmesan cheese.. and other dishes that i honestly can’t think of. But for the most part, I can live without it.... I can’t believe I’m saying that but it’s true. 🤔

G

Godsgirl83

Lol, I do get that. I lived up there for 3 years, and ate my share of curds for sure. My mom, brother and family are there, so whenever I visit I can get 'real' cheese... but to be honest... it's usually just curds. Well, and other forms of dairy like custard. :) Mmmmm...
ever tried fried cheese curds?
Taste like biting into a grilled cheese sandwich....
so worth everypenny of the $4-$5 price......
oh my, I'm making my own mouth water.....
with all the summer events being cancelled, we don't get to indulge this year :(:cry:

G

Godsgirl83

I’m not a fan of cheese... (I know bite my tongue right?) so I can actually live without it??

I like pizza... but I can live without it... I love pasta, but I can live without it cause there’s plain spaghetti that you don’t have to have Parmesan cheese.. and other dishes that i honestly can’t think of. But for the most part, I can live without it.... I can’t believe I’m saying that but it’s true. 🤔

cheese.....
pizza......
pasta....
jelly......

ya'll are making me hungry......

*looks in mirror*
when GG, just WHEN are you going to learn NOT to come on CC before eating?

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
Oh my goodness. Actual Jelly!! That's a great subject too!
So are you a jam, jelly, preserves person? (is there a form I'm forgetting?) What is your favorite kind of jellijampreserveish spread? And.... have you ever made your own?

I am DEFINITELY a jam girl. I think that 20 something years of spreading pb&j on my kids' sandwiches, (they allll wanted jelly) also enforced that I am not a fan of spreading jelly. I am not sure it even WANTS to be spread around, tbh. So yeah, jam... it's so wonderfully spreadable and is still not too chunky where you would get an entire strawberry on your piece of toast. (not that that's a terrible thing... just just hard to juggle at 5:30 am).
My FAVORITE, and yes I sooo have a favorite is.... blackberry! It reminds of me of my childhood growing up in the pacific northwest picking blackberries that never seemed to have an end. And, I just think that the taste of blackberries is beyond heavenly.

I am not a canner, BUT, I would LOVE to spend a day with a patient canner who could handle me getting involved and being a super day one beginner at it. If my cans didn't seal, well, they would just have to be eaten immediately I guess, or be the star of a toast party at work.

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
Oh my goodness. Actual Jelly!! That's a great subject too!
So are you a jam, jelly, preserves person? (is there a form I'm forgetting?) What is your favorite kind of jellijampreserveish spread? And.... have you ever made your own?

I am DEFINITELY a jam girl. I think that 20 something years of spreading pb&j on my kids' sandwiches, (they allll wanted jelly) also enforced that I am not a fan of spreading jelly. I am not sure it even WANTS to be spread around, tbh. So yeah, jam... it's so wonderfully spreadable and is still not too chunky where you would get an entire strawberry on your piece of toast. (not that that's a terrible thing... just just hard to juggle at 5:30 am).
My FAVORITE, and yes I sooo have a favorite is.... blackberry! It reminds of me of my childhood growing up in the pacific northwest picking blackberries that never seemed to have an end. And, I just think that the taste of blackberries is beyond heavenly.

I am not a canner, BUT, I would LOVE to spend a day with a patient canner who could handle me getting involved and being a super day one beginner at it. If my cans didn't seal, well, they would just have to be eaten immediately I guess, or be the star of a toast party at work.
I’m a jam kinda girl too, grape, apricot and or strawberry. And only with creamy peanut butter too. Can’t do the crunchy. And my hubby’s grandma can Make her own jam, and she’s fantastic at it ^_^

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
I’m a jam kinda girl too, grape, apricot and or strawberry. And only with creamy peanut butter too. Can’t do the crunchy. And my hubby’s grandma can Make her own jam, and she’s fantastic at it ^_^
Oh I bet you get homemade jam for Christmas???? Does she make any unique flavors?

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
For those needing to activate your inner fuzzies, enjoy!😁
Watch "Otter Jumps Onto Boat Escaping Orca With Seconds To Spare" on YouTube

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So, chat about random stuff. Ok, I'm going to dive off the deep end on this one.
What is your favorite kind of cheese? Can you live without cheese, what is the weirdest food you like cheese on? What cheesy food is sooo hard to resist?

So my favorite kind of cheese is probably Havarti or Muenster. I could??? live without cheese but it would be such a sad existence. Ummm... I don't really like cheese on any weird foods, tbh. And, it is not easy to resist Chips and cheese, or eggs and cheese, and PIZZA. Oh my goodness. Yum.
Havarti ftw! (As long as it's not that flavorless junk Walmart has in the deli case... that is NOT real havarti!)

Butterkäse is also good.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
@Lynx , oh, no no no, not crap Havarti, like for a wine and cheese sort of Havarti experience? I would get THAT kind of Havarti on a trip to see my family, well along with curds. Walmart Havarti is for when I'm making home made macaroni and cheese and want something that is more diverse than shredded cheddar. But only when I make Christmas dinner macaroni and cheese. Not potluck macaroni and cheese. I'm too cheap to use diverse for potlucks.

Butterk(howdidyougettheaccentoverthea)se, I feel like I have had this. Is it like super ridiculously soft cheese that seems melted in the package? But not like Brie soft?

Ok... so Random.
I found this random question generator. Pick one? These aren't toooo terrible.

What is the most ridiculous thing you have convinced someone is true?
What one thing do you really want, but can't afford?
Who would you most like to sit next to on a 10 hour flight and why?