The Chat Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2015
Yes I believe I tried it. My sister uses stevia. I may use some of hers. Other than that I use coffee Creamer as it is not to heavy on points ( I do the weight watchers diet and sugar is the enemy lol)
I do Weight Watcher's, too! :D :D What plan are you on?!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How do yall like your coffee? I like mine with coffee Creamer ☕
I am just about to make a second cup for myself... which is rare these days, especially at this time of day. But I did not get enough sleep last night, had to go out this morning, had quite a walk, and then a fairly long nap after noon, and feel I need a little pep put back in my step LOL. Not that I am going anywhere, heh, since during this covid thing and with everything else I've got going on, I barely go anywhere any more :oops::censored::cry: I like my coffee strong, and sweet, and creamy :D Since being laid off work last March, I have been drinking instant coffee, with cashew milk mixed with unsweetened evaporated skim milk, plus golden sugar mixed with Truvia :) The kettle is just starting to boil :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I put almond milk and stevia in my coffee!

Can you add stevia to your coffee? Stevia is pretty natural and zero calories.
Stevia is a wonderful sugar substitute! I have been using it for many years :D

A pound costs around $30.00, but for my coffee at work, that would last almost a year :)

G

Godsgirl83

hey @ellie461

if you get the notification thingy.....

here's a great thread that's just general random chitchat.......

would you like to chat here?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
How do yall like your coffee? I like mine with coffee Creamer ☕
Black and brutally strong. Probably quadruple strength minimal....lol.
But only twice a day nowadays. And only half a cup.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
@Tararose
So how are things over there in the UK for you?
Hey BBG :cool:

Nice to have a real chat with someone on here lol

Well for me personally they are not too bad I guess. There is always the usual stuff going on, friends in need and families members with health issues and all that, but that is life isn't it?
I mean who hasn't got some struggle to deal with? I know the times I felt I didn't have anything to deal with, I was just kept busy with other peoples troubles lol, and that is how it is meant to be I think.

We take it in turns to be the cryer, and then the shoulder that supports the cryer lol

But there is a lot of laughs along the way too, and that's always important :)

Do you think that its sometimes harder when you can't help others than when you can't help yourself?

I guess like me you might know a lot of folks struggling with the current situation - and that sucks. I found I can't really be there for many people in the way they need, with all the isolating going on etc, the lockdown really affects some people's mental health (unsurprisingly).

All folks want is a face to face chat, a cuppa and even maybe a hug sometimes. I like to be that someone who has real time for folks, because its important things are made up of lots of little tiny things that really do matter in the grand scheme :)

But at least we have platforms like this, and other means of communicating. I even got a chat today with you lol, see how every cloud has a silver lining lol

Now that's my lengthy waffle BBG, how are YOU doing ....REALLY? :)

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Hey BBG :cool:

Nice to have a real chat with someone on here lol

Well for me personally they are not too bad I guess. There is always the usual stuff going on, friends in need and families members with health issues and all that, but that is life isn't it?
I mean who hasn't got some struggle to deal with? I know the times I felt I didn't have anything to deal with, I was just kept busy with other peoples troubles lol, and that is how it is meant to be I think.

We take it in turns to be the cryer, and then the shoulder that supports the cryer lol

But there is a lot of laughs along the way too, and that's always important :)

Do you think that its sometimes harder when you can't help others than when you can't help yourself?

I guess like me you might know a lot of folks struggling with the current situation - and that sucks. I found I can't really be there for many people in the way they need, with all the isolating going on etc, the lockdown really affects some people's mental health (unsurprisingly).

All folks want is a face to face chat, a cuppa and even maybe a hug sometimes. I like to be that someone who has real time for folks, because its important things are made up of lots of little tiny things that really do matter in the grand scheme :)

But at least we have platforms like this, and other means of communicating. I even got a chat today with you lol, see how every cloud has a silver lining lol

Now that's my lengthy waffle BBG, how are YOU doing ....REALLY? :)
Well, I will be honest, it is a bit late here, so I am not sure I will be able to give such a splendid response as you did to my inquiry, but I shall endeavor to do just that (be warned that I say that, but by the time I'm done, I might have to add chapters along the way😄).

Things are going well. I do agree there can be the "lean on me" , then it gets reversed among friends, or at time strangers. Someone random helps you through something, then you are truly Blessed to do the same. The job I am Blessed to have I get paid to help others. And with everything that has been going on this past year, it has made it hard on so many people in so many ways. What a Blessing to help others with their basic needs, help them to grow and learn to have Faith that they can grow beyond what they think they can. Between long days at work and much going on with my friends, I have to be careful to take some time for myself, so that I can replenish my soul and Spirit for the things in my own life and to continue to be able to be there for others.

I will say this for the lockdowns. I have noticed people have become more family orientated then I have seen in a long while. And, people seem to have become either more selfish or more helpful toward others. The second does my heart good to witness. I'm Blessed to see the Good He is doing in the world and lives, but to stand strong against the ever growing madness that, at least here, seems to have a foot hold here. I'm glad I know who wins or one might find themselves concerned😉.

I sure do miss the swimming weather I must say. I could go swimming I guess now, just might come back with a few less digits due to frost bite🙂.
Do you have any hobbies or fun things you enjoy doing?

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
Well, I will be honest, it is a bit late here, so I am not sure I will be able to give such a splendid response as you did to my inquiry, but I shall endeavor to do just that (be warned that I say that, but by the time I'm done, I might have to add chapters along the way😄).

Things are going well. I do agree there can be the "lean on me" , then it gets reversed among friends, or at time strangers. Someone random helps you through something, then you are truly Blessed to do the same. The job I am Blessed to have I get paid to help others. And with everything that has been going on this past year, it has made it hard on so many people in so many ways. What a Blessing to help others with their basic needs, help them to grow and learn to have Faith that they can grow beyond what they think they can. Between long days at work and much going on with my friends, I have to be careful to take some time for myself, so that I can replenish my soul and Spirit for the things in my own life and to continue to be able to be there for others.

I will say this for the lockdowns. I have noticed people have become more family orientated then I have seen in a long while. And, people seem to have become either more selfish or more helpful toward others. The second does my heart good to witness. I'm Blessed to see the Good He is doing in the world and lives, but to stand strong against the ever growing madness that, at least here, seems to have a foot hold here. I'm glad I know who wins or one might find themselves concerned😉.

I sure do miss the swimming weather I must say. I could go swimming I guess now, just might come back with a few less digits due to frost bite🙂.
Well, that is great that you can help people in your job :) it must be very satisfying.

You are right about taking time to yourself though, I think sometimes its hard to draw a line between selflessness and servitude, and plain old unnecessary, low-level self-inflicted martyrdom. If only I could find a balance between Martha and Mary and plant myself smack between them both, I think I would be doing well lol. The adoration of Mary and the work ethic of Martha :)

AHHH swimming may not be the best idea, at the very least can't you wait until spring ? How can you type responses to me if all your fingers fall off? Tut Tut!:eek:

Hmm hobbies... well, aside from the obvious churchy sort of replies, does hanging out with trees and chickens count?
Maybe not....
Well, how about .... random arts and crafts, a bit of DIY, a splash of writing and a dab of web design and walking?
I used to grow fruit and veg and keep chickens and ducks, but not for many years now (only due to change of housing situation.)

I hope that you sleep well, thanks for keeping me company :)

I am glad I am on the side of the Champion too ;)

God bless you and have a superb day tomorrow.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Well, that is great that you can help people in your job :) it must be very satisfying.

You are right about taking time to yourself though, I think sometimes its hard to draw a line between selflessness and servitude, and plain old unnecessary, low-level self-inflicted martyrdom. If only I could find a balance between Martha and Mary and plant myself smack between them both, I think I would be doing well lol. The adoration of Mary and the work ethic of Martha :)

AHHH swimming may not be the best idea, at the very least can't you wait until spring ? How can you type responses to me if all your fingers fall off? Tut Tut!:eek:

Hmm hobbies... well, aside from the obvious churchy sort of replies, does hanging out with trees and chickens count?
Maybe not....
Well, how about .... random arts and crafts, a bit of DIY, a splash of writing and a dab of web design and walking?
I used to grow fruit and veg and keep chickens and ducks, but not for many years now (only due to change of housing situation.)

I hope that you sleep well, thanks for keeping me company :)

I am glad I am on the side of the Champion too ;)

God bless you and have a superb day tomorrow.
Hello again and a good evening to you.

First off, whatever things you enjoy certainly counts. I do wish to clarify though...when you say trees. Do you mean you hike through the trees, hang out under trees or "talk" to trees? Depending on your response, will depend on if I need to pray for you or not, lol. I like to hike through our forests here is more to the point is why I ask. And you mentioned having chickens, ducks and growing fruit in the past. For how did you do this and how long has it been since doing so?

I agree, it is a fine line between helping others and draining yourself. If your drained, it is harder to do the things that God wants you to do (harder to serve God with your head having to be in the pillow as your drained in other words). I have gotten better at this in the last couple of years at not draining my cup so much. I do admit, it is still a work in progress.

Sounds like you enjoy the outdoors as I do. Don't get me wrong, I can sit down and watch a good movie like the rest of people. But I have been Blessed to see such beautiful and find replenishing of the soul by hiking and finding new beautiful spots to see and experience outdoors! I still have a new to me tent I have been inching to test out, but alas I have not gotten out to see if it is indeed water proof.

Well, I pray you have sleep well and awaken refreshed to start the new day with God's Hope, Joy, Love, Grace and Mercies anew.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
Hello again and a good evening to you.

First off, whatever things you enjoy certainly counts. I do wish to clarify though...when you say trees. Do you mean you hike through the trees, hang out under trees or "talk" to trees? Depending on your response, will depend on if I need to pray for you or not, lol. I like to hike through our forests here is more to the point is why I ask. And you mentioned having chickens, ducks and growing fruit in the past. For how did you do this and how long has it been since doing so?

I agree, it is a fine line between helping others and draining yourself. If your drained, it is harder to do the things that God wants you to do (harder to serve God with your head having to be in the pillow as your drained in other words). I have gotten better at this in the last couple of years at not draining my cup so much. I do admit, it is still a work in progress.

Sounds like you enjoy the outdoors as I do. Don't get me wrong, I can sit down and watch a good movie like the rest of people. But I have been Blessed to see such beautiful and find replenishing of the soul by hiking and finding new beautiful spots to see and experience outdoors! I still have a new to me tent I have been inching to test out, but alas I have not gotten out to see if it is indeed water proof.

Well, I pray you have sleep well and awaken refreshed to start the new day with God's Hope, Joy, Love, Grace and Mercies anew.
The expression “new to me” is one I like ;) As long as it’s functional and in good condition - it’s perfect in my mind :)

Yes I love the outdoors. I love all things green and growing, but I think I prefer the woods to the green fields.

That photo is very lovely. I prefer a fire to a film anytime. (I don’t go around setting fire to stuff randomly though 😬... honest 🤪)

Reminds me of the last little camp site we visited last year, in the summer. I am not keen on too much sun though, I like milder weather for camping, but as long as there is some cool shade around, it’s all good. You Just can’t really enjoy huddling round the fire as much on a hot night.... :)

I tried to chat with a few very old oak trees, they were really not all that responsive. I wonder if it’s because I choose the Older ones and they have grown hard of hearing, or if it’s just because they are the taller ones, and they can’t hear me way down on the ground.... hmmm 🤔 I may never know lol

Back to reality lol

When I was married - going back 10 years or so - I had rescue red hens first. And then we got 4 adorable fluffy Buff Orpington chicks and 2 white Indian runner ducklings to add to the gang. We had a well established and very fruitful
pear Tree , a plum tree and random other fruits and Salad one other veg.

I didn’t have anything like that growing up though. Just regular pets like a dog and things. Later on I got into keeping reptiles for a bit, but I would choose hens now over them all. Amazing personalities ... they just make me laugh.

Our chat seems to be being enjoyed by a few others, that's sweet :O) See how contagious your blessings are? :)

Do you know I have never yet waterproofed a tent.... I need to, I noticed it had leaky seams last summer when we had a few showers.
I have been given all sorts of advice, bees wax, leather waterproofer lol all sorts, and I just have no clue.

Any advice?

Hope you are having a lovely evening, whatever you area up to, and whatever the weather :) I need to have a peer at your profile again as I clean forgot where you are in the world :)

God bless you richly, and may you prosper, even as your soul prospers, seeking first the kingdom, and having all you need added to you by our loving Father.

And God bless all those following this chat :) feel free to join us for an imaginary camp-out under the stars :love: Bring a log and some marshmallows though lol I forgot mine

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk

I meant to say, I think its beautiful how people are pulling together, those who do that is, it really reminds me of how far from the old ways of community and family life many of us have strayed. All in the name of independence and personal space. Everyone has a thousand "friends" online but disconnect from everyone around them, and more people are feeling lonelier than ever... yet don't know why... its not really al that hard to work out.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Hello and may you be having a great morning (not sure what time it be there).

I want to start off with a couple of queries: One, your Rescue Hens. Is it Fire Rescue that they were trained for Rescuing in or another kind of Rescue scenario? Two: You mentioned "last little camp site WE visited last year". Do you borrow hens to go camping with or other clans folk you go with you (although the Fire trained Rescue Hens would make more sense, especially if you are doing campfires🤔, but I digress...). Ok, enough about the hens, moving on.

Suggestions on having a waterproof tent🤔.... purchasing one that claims to be waterproof, lol. I used some sprays before, and if it did help, it was not enough for me to notice honestly. The one I picked up used had high rating and reviews that said it stayed dry. I pray this one will do just that.

Pear tree.....Mmmmm. I love me a good pear. And as long as we are on the subject of trees, I subscribe to all your reasons of why the trees did not speak back to you. Not because I think they are plausible reasons, but rather because I find them funnier to think about then the real reason they didn't talk to you (the squirrels are keeping an eye on them and the trees don't want to say to much in front of them, squirrels are nuts!).

Going back to camping, I am the sort that enjoys a good camp fire summer or colder weather. I once sat there in front of a camp fire. As it got colder, I took out a blanket I brought for thr trip, nice and clean. Not thinking to much about it, laided it across my lap. As I was getting my camp stuff out of my vehicle afterward, I smelled the camp fire smoke on my blanket. I stored it back where I kept it for such times, but relished in taking it out from time to time just to smell the smokey smell from it. What a great smell, and the crackle from the burning logs, ah, great things.

Ya, seems to be a few folks reading along, just not jumping in. Feel free to y'all if you would like🙂.

I pray that God has Blessed you with a sound sleep and a Peaceful one at that with God. And that the day ahead of you is full of many Blessings from our Heavenly Father above and that he keeps you full of Laughter, Hope, Joy and Love as you walk through this day with he that Loves us so very much.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
Hello and may you be having a great morning (not sure what time it be there).

I want to start off with a couple of queries: One, your Rescue Hens. Is it Fire Rescue that they were trained for Rescuing in or another kind of Rescue scenario? Two: You mentioned "last little camp site WE visited last year". Do you borrow hens to go camping with or other clans folk you go with you (although the Fire trained Rescue Hens would make more sense, especially if you are doing campfires🤔, but I digress...). Ok, enough about the hens, moving on.

Suggestions on having a waterproof tent🤔.... purchasing one that claims to be waterproof, lol. I used some sprays before, and if it did help, it was not enough for me to notice honestly. The one I picked up used had high rating and reviews that said it stayed dry. I pray this one will do just that.

Pear tree.....Mmmmm. I love me a good pear. And as long as we are on the subject of trees, I subscribe to all your reasons of why the trees did not speak back to you. Not because I think they are plausible reasons, but rather because I find them funnier to think about then the real reason they didn't talk to you (the squirrels are keeping an eye on them and the trees don't want to say to much in front of them, squirrels are nuts!).

Going back to camping, I am the sort that enjoys a good camp fire summer or colder weather. I once sat there in front of a camp fire. As it got colder, I took out a blanket I brought for thr trip, nice and clean. Not thinking to much about it, laided it across my lap. As I was getting my camp stuff out of my vehicle afterward, I smelled the camp fire smoke on my blanket. I stored it back where I kept it for such times, but relished in taking it out from time to time just to smell the smokey smell from it. What a great smell, and the crackle from the burning logs, ah, great things.

Ya, seems to be a few folks reading along, just not jumping in. Feel free to y'all if you would like🙂.

I pray that God has Blessed you with a sound sleep and a Peaceful one at that with God. And that the day ahead of you is full of many Blessings from our Heavenly Father above and that he keeps you full of Laughter, Hope, Joy and Love as you walk through this day with he that Loves us so very much.
They seemed fairly run of the mill red hens lol. Rescued from a premature death ... (only for mr fox to enjoy some of them the following year!!! Eek)

Well they enjoyed that year of freedom I am sure 😅

I never took them camping for fear it may tempt other campers to prepare for a bbq! Even fire service hens can only do so much you know!

Have you any pets of livestock ... or have you ever had any? (Don’t worry if they can’t put fires out, I won’t gloat)

Yeah squirrels are nuts. We have one who literally knocks on the window around lunch time for his treat.. cute little thing it is. we called it Sydney but we don’t have a clue if it’s a bit or a girl 🙅🏼‍♀️It seems to like it’s name because it doesn’t stop eating when we say it lol

Yeah, about tents.... I could buy a really good one, but I have one already. I don’t even know where it came From ... But I don’t like to waste stuff.
I had 4 at one time in My parents attic and I could not fathom where two of them came from lol. They must be beeeding up there!

The smell of fires... yeah that’s hard to beat: I hope this year the lockdowns end soon enough for a few camping trips at least... I guess we will have to wait and see :)

Stay blessed and at peace.