The Chat Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
yes, at the top of each post, just in front of the post # is a little ribbon looking icon. When you click that it opens a window that lets you save/bookmark the post. Makes it MUCH easier to go search your bookmarks to find something rather than HUNDREDS of pages in a thread :LOL: (Unless, like me, you have HUNDREDS of bookmarks :LOL: - but it's still easier than searching through page after page and possibly not even be looking in the correct thread :p )
Do you click on the ribbon to see all your bookmarked pages then?
And thanks for the info.😁

G

Godsgirl83

Do you click on the ribbon to see all your bookmarked pages then?
And thanks for the info.😁
well, I'm no techy person so I may be incorrect about this.
However, from what I've clicked and played with and understand is this:
When you click the ribbon in front of a post # the box comes up for you to save.
It has options for public and sticky. oh, and you can also write a little note about what it is being saved.
Now, from what I've played with on mine it seems that public places it in your profile so others can see what you have booked there (assuming ones profile is viewable by others)
And that saving it under "sticky" will put it in your icon bar at the top of your page (the one by a users avatar, envelope, and alerts- the ribbon icon).

All this talk about saving/bookmarking post had my curiosity. I went through mine today and found stuff I had forgotten about (then smiled and thought, "gee, glad I saved that :LOL: )

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
When you click the ribbon in front of a post # the box comes up for you to save.
It has options for public and sticky. oh, and you can also write a little note about what it is being saved.
Now, from what I've played with on mine it seems that public places it in your profile so others can see what you have booked there (assuming ones profile is viewable by others)
And that saving it under "sticky" will put it in your icon bar at the top of your page (the one by a users avatar, envelope, and alerts- the ribbon icon).

All this talk about saving/bookmarking post had my curiosity. I went through mine today and found stuff I had forgotten about (then smiled and thought, "gee, glad I saved that :LOL: )

Awesome! Well, this should help me to save some stuff for later. Thanks GG🤗.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019

Awesome! Well, this should help me to save some stuff for later. Thanks GG🤗.

TimothyGirl

Jul 19, 2019
People here are telling me my family will die and I see zero compassion here. Im looking into deleting my account. I will look for a forum with less bitter members.
Hey Kojikun, as an observer in some of the threads, I've seen you around a little. Sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time. I'm not a hugely active participant, but wanted to respond to what you wrote.
I smiled to myself reading your post thinking, you hit the nail on the head with your first word: people! Where you find people, you will find issues. And over here on CC, you will find many different kinds of people, all brought here for their own specific reasons.
I'm sorry that you have encountered bitterness in some of the posts, but it makes me wonder which sort of threads and topics you hanging in...? I, for one, have mostly encountered kind and sincere, if not broken people here. But that's because I choose carefully not to get involved in the... umm... more contentious sort of topics.
My prayer is that you would not throw the "baby out with the bathwater" and discard all the good for the sake of a few bitter experiences. But rather choose to be the salt and the grace that's necessary for relationships and people to grow and overcome... the Lord bless you and help you through all that is troubling you.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Hey Kojikun, as an observer in some of the threads, I've seen you around a little. Sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time. I'm not a hugely active participant, but wanted to respond to what you wrote.
I smiled to myself reading your post thinking, you hit the nail on the head with your first word: people! Where you find people, you will find issues. And over here on CC, you will find many different kinds of people, all brought here for their own specific reasons.
I'm sorry that you have encountered bitterness in some of the posts, but it makes me wonder which sort of threads and topics you hanging in...? I, for one, have mostly encountered kind and sincere, if not broken people here. But that's because I choose carefully not to get involved in the... umm... more contentious sort of topics.
My prayer is that you would not throw the "baby out with the bathwater" and discard all the good for the sake of a few bitter experiences. But rather choose to be the salt and the grace that's necessary for relationships and people to grow and overcome... the Lord bless you and help you through all that is troubling you.
My apologies. I tend to get emotional and I lash out. I need to stay off social media when im stressed as it always leads to regretful behavior 😬 I got severe anxiety.

TimothyGirl

Jul 19, 2019
My apologies. I tend to get emotional and I lash out. I need to stay off social media when im stressed as it always leads to regretful behavior 😬 I got severe anxiety.
Hey, I can relate with that! 😂😂 its a part of the "people" thing I was talking about 😄 We all need grace and lots of it. And we're happy to extend it to you 😊
Sorry to hear that you're stressed. I pray that our Father would meet with you and give you the wisdom in what you're facing. Heads up --you're not alone.
BTW, I can also relate with the anxiety thing (as many of us can, I'm sure). It would be easy to give you a platitude here, but I don't want to do that. I am reminded, though, of what it says about Jesus in Hebrews -- that He is our High Priest and He is always praying for us. He understands where you're at more than anyone else. And I pray that He would meet with you and give you the peace that you need. Lord Jesus, I pray that you would do that for our brother here. That You would help him and give him your perspective on whatever he is facing. Make Your Presence known to him, that he would know that he is not alone, and that You have contained him. That your plans for him are plans of peace, and that you would give him hope for his future as you walk him through his anxiety. Thank You that You know all things and that we can have peace because You have redeemed our lives from destruction. That we might go through the valley of the shadow of death at times, but we do not need to fear evil because YOU ARE WITH US! I pray You would give our brother Your peace, and I pray this in the precious Name of Jesus...

🙂

TimothyGirl

Jul 19, 2019
Hey, I can relate with that! 😂😂 its a part of the "people" thing I was talking about 😄 We all need grace and lots of it. And we're happy to extend it to you 😊
Sorry to hear that you're stressed. I pray that our Father would meet with you and give you the wisdom in what you're facing. Heads up --you're not alone.
BTW, I can also relate with the anxiety thing (as many of us can, I'm sure). It would be easy to give you a platitude here, but I don't want to do that. I am reminded, though, of what it says about Jesus in Hebrews -- that He is our High Priest and He is always praying for us. He understands where you're at more than anyone else. And I pray that He would meet with you and give you the peace that you need. Lord Jesus, I pray that you would do that for our brother here. That You would help him and give him your perspective on whatever he is facing. Make Your Presence known to him, that he would know that he is not alone, and that You have contained him. That your plans for him are plans of peace, and that you would give him hope for his future as you walk him through his anxiety. Thank You that You know all things and that we can have peace because You have redeemed our lives from destruction. That we might go through the valley of the shadow of death at times, but we do not need to fear evil because YOU ARE WITH US! I pray You would give our brother Your peace, and I pray this in the precious Name of Jesus...

🙂
A lingering thought -- I do apologize @Kojikun: I have assumed that you are a brother; if you are a sister, forgive me 😂🤣😂

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
If you find yourself needing to unplug for a while, do so. If not, have fun. I too tend not to go into some of the threads, but rather share things with some on here more than others. Got to be aware of whom your talking with about what, my two sense worth. It may be a Christian website, but people are people. We are all different and with our own short comings and strengths (I can fly for example🦸‍♂️).
Im a guy lol. Koji is a males name :)
I wasn't sure either when I first met you, just based on the name. I'm glad TimothyGirl answered you. Good stuff.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Thanks for the clarification!! 😄😄 It does have a masculine ring to it, so glad I got that right! 😂 Sounds a little anime to me, am I correct? 😃
There are a few anime characters that are named Koji, as its a Japanese name. Its actually a character from a book I wrote years ago.

TimothyGirl

Jul 19, 2019
There are a few anime characters that are named Koji, as its a Japanese name. Its actually a character from a book I wrote years ago.
Glad I wasn't showing my ignorance there! 😄 haven't watched too much anime in my life to be sure 🤔😃
Ah, another writer... that's really cool. What was your book about?

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Glad I wasn't showing my ignorance there! 😄 haven't watched too much anime in my life to be sure 🤔😃
Ah, another writer... that's really cool. What was your book about?
It was about a team of heros who fight demons and aliens. I wrote 4 books and made a card game around it. I used to take the game to conventions and give em out.

TimothyGirl

Jul 19, 2019
Just some encouragement for anyone who needs it...

I went for a walk earlier in my day needing a "time out" -- hoping for some perspective from the Lord. Sometimes life just gets too much. I poured out my heart to the Lord, wondering "where to from here" (I'm sure I'm not the only one facing that dilemma). I didn't exactly expect an answer, I just needed to get a whole bunch of things off my chest. My walk continued as I observed my every day surroundings. Nothing fantastic. This is Dusty Africa with potholed roads and desperate pedestrians trying to make their way home. Being amongst the people always gives me such a sense of community. When I see the gentleman cycling home with his bunch of firewood attached to his beaten up bike (both for cooking and for cold), or the desperate vendor setting up his ironing boards in peak traffic hoping to make a sale, I am reminded all over again that my life is not as hard as it feels at times...

But I digress... as I walked, I passed a newly put up housing complex that we've watched progress over some months. Each time I go past, I notice different details that I hadn't noticed before. This time it was the drainage system that caught my eye. Random, I know. But as I was walking and not driving this time, I could take note of the finer details: it struck me how much planning and forethought went into the drainage system. Now that would seem normal to y'all first-worlders out there, but let me remind you -- this is Africa! The Land things aren't straight even when a spirit-level is used! At one of the places I worked, one of the challenges we faced year after year was poor drainage around the building, so I'm particularly observant when it comes to certain details. As I paused and silently commended the anonymous builders for their work, I heard the Lord speak to me. He said simply, "Do you not think that I, too, have planned the finer details of your life?"

Sometimes we don't see the development in our lives because God is busy working beneath the surface on our "drainage system." It may not look like anything is happening, but He is connecting, networking, preparing... He knows what we need, and what He needs to build into our lives to make it work smoothly and perfectly for our future. Sometimes our lives look like the mess of a building site. But be encouraged: the God who ordered the universe -- set the stars in orbit so that they would not collide -- has perfectly master-minded your life (and mine!) so that at the end, it'll take your breath away! He might start off with a demolition team and destroy the old and corroded, but it's always to build something better for us. Don't be intimidated by the chisel, the chainsaw, or the bulldozer that's in front of you but trust that God is the Master Builder...

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they were all written, the days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
Psalm 139:16

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Just some encouragement for anyone who needs it...

I went for a walk earlier in my day needing a "time out" -- hoping for some perspective from the Lord. Sometimes life just gets too much. I poured out my heart to the Lord, wondering "where to from here" (I'm sure I'm not the only one facing that dilemma). I didn't exactly expect an answer, I just needed to get a whole bunch of things off my chest. My walk continued as I observed my every day surroundings. Nothing fantastic. This is Dusty Africa with potholed roads and desperate pedestrians trying to make their way home. Being amongst the people always gives me such a sense of community. When I see the gentleman cycling home with his bunch of firewood attached to his beaten up bike (both for cooking and for cold), or the desperate vendor setting up his ironing boards in peak traffic hoping to make a sale, I am reminded all over again that my life is not as hard as it feels at times...

But I digress... as I walked, I passed a newly put up housing complex that we've watched progress over some months. Each time I go past, I notice different details that I hadn't noticed before. This time it was the drainage system that caught my eye. Random, I know. But as I was walking and not driving this time, I could take note of the finer details: it struck me how much planning and forethought went into the drainage system. Now that would seem normal to y'all first-worlders out there, but let me remind you -- this is Africa! The Land things aren't straight even when a spirit-level is used! At one of the places I worked, one of the challenges we faced year after year was poor drainage around the building, so I'm particularly observant when it comes to certain details. As I paused and silently commended the anonymous builders for their work, I heard the Lord speak to me. He said simply, "Do you not think that I, too, have planned the finer details of your life?"

Sometimes we don't see the development in our lives because God is busy working beneath the surface on our "drainage system." It may not look like anything is happening, but He is connecting, networking, preparing... He knows what we need, and what He needs to build into our lives to make it work smoothly and perfectly for our future. Sometimes our lives look like the mess of a building site. But be encouraged: the God who ordered the universe -- set the stars in orbit so that they would not collide -- has perfectly master-minded your life (and mine!) so that at the end, it'll take your breath away! He might start off with a demolition team and destroy the old and corroded, but it's always to build something better for us. Don't be intimidated by the chisel, the chainsaw, or the bulldozer that's in front of you but trust that God is the Master Builder...

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they were all written, the days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
Psalm 139:16
As soon as you came to the building, God was already letting me know that all things are built piece by piece as with our Lifes. If it all came st the same time, we may not be either able to handle it or apprechiate the journey it takes to get there, and even the finished piece.

Well said. This Blessed day as well as God telling you this is proof you are ok n the right track. Sometimes its helpful for us to remind each other of these things, as you were lead to do for many others today (or night😉).
Praise be to God for all His goodness Around Us, Through Us and Within Us.🙏