The Chat Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Very glad to hear that. Hopefully your scrolling is yielding some good fruit🙂.

I am doing well, thank you for asking. My day is at a close, but not (completely) ready to call it a night yet, very soon though.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you very close this and all days🙂. Always good to see you about the threads.
Loll i am late already ? 😥 anyways glad to know you u are well @BlessedByGod 🤗

Thankiesss!!! May God bless you and keep you very close to Him as well 😇 stay being you (kind) 😊

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Loll i am late already ? 😥 anyways glad to know you u are well @BlessedByGod 🤗

Thankiesss!!! May God bless you and keep you very close to Him as well 😇 stay being you (kind) 😊
That was most kind of you , Thank You for saying that, truly. Good way to end my day.

Have a great day @Kireina 🙏🤗.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Why is a peanut neither a pea, nor a nut? Discuss...
Because it is a legume... :D

The peanut belongs to the botanical family Fabaceae; this is also known
as Leguminosae, and commonly known as the bean, or pea, family (y)

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Because it is a legume... :D

The peanut belongs to the botanical family Fabaceae; this is also known
as Legumenosae, and commonly known as the bean, or pea, family (y)
That's not a discussion! You ended it in one sentence!

:cry::eek:

Oh Magenta...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That's not a discussion! You ended it in one sentence!

:cry::eek:

Oh Magenta...
I knew it was a legume but then I had to ask myself, what exactly is a legume? So I had to look that part up :D

Legume: a seed, pod, or other edible part of a leguminous plant, used as food :cool::geek:

A leguminous plant is any member of the pea family...

Which again leads me to wonder, who classifies these things? :unsure::giggle:

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I knew it was a legume but then I had to ask myself, what exactly is a legume? So I had to look that part up :D

Legume: a seed, pod, or other edible part of a leguminous plant, used as food :cool::geek:

A leguminous plant is any member of the pea family...

Which again leads me to wonder, who classifies these things? :unsure::giggle:
Yes... the definition seems cyclical. The sky is blue because... it's blue. What the hey man!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes... the definition seems cyclical. The sky is blue because... it's blue. What the hey man!
Who decided to call that color blue? And did you know, the sky is blue because it absorbs every other color in the known spectrum, and rejects the blue frequencies/wave lengths? And that it what we see. This is true of everything we see... or so I have been told. Wild, huh? And then the way reflected light is perceived by our eyes, everything is upside down but our brains turn it right side up! Can you imagine having as many eyes as a fly? Or even a potato for that matter :LOL: Though potatoes grow in the dark, so what is there for them to look at? :unsure:

So it seems to me that to say something is "blue" really means it is every color but blue... ;)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I’m a single triplet; the only one of the 3 who isn’t married. I love baseball, reading, and traveling. What else would you like to know?
Wow! A triplet? We sure do not have many of them in these parts, at least not that I know of :D Were you identical triplets? And/or were you all the same gender? I have a twin brother. As a woman, when I told someone that and they then asked me if we were identical, I kind of had to do an internal/invisible face palm LOL

taito2000

Feb 24, 2018
We’re fraternal, and it’s two boys and a girl. I have an older sister as well. How do you like having a twin?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Who decided to call that color blue? And did you know, the sky is blue because it absorbs every other color in the known spectrum, and rejects the blue frequencies/wave lengths? And that it what we see. This is true of everything we see... or so I have been told. Wild, huh? And then the way reflected light is perceived by our eyes, everything is upside down but our brains turn it right side up! Can you imagine having as many eyes as a fly? Or even a potato for that matter :LOL: Though potatoes grow in the dark, so what is there for them to look at? :unsure:

So it seems to me that to say something is "blue" really means it is every color but blue... ;)