The Chosen People of God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 28, 2015
Gods chosen people Israel are chosen not for salvation but as a vessel through which God would bring His word to the world. Chosen to be the nation through which Christ the Messiah would come Who will reign over all the world and make eternal life the inheritance to all who believe.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Both Jew and Gentile
have to be grafted into the Kingdom of God
by becoming born again.

Both Jew and Gentile
that are not born again
of water and the Spirit
as according to the
words of Jesus Christ
are both are unsaved.

Both Jew and Gentile
that are born again
of water and the Spirit
as according to the
words of Jesus Christ
are equal to each other
as children of God
the Lord's chosen people.

Is this true? If not then why not?

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Just don't be tricked into denying Him. That's what I'm saying. That is the spirit of antichrist. This can take many forms, indeed even certain interpretations of scripture itself, never let them convince you other than "Jesus' sacrifice was for the salvation of all". There are now categorically zero people who were "not born again of the spirit".

That is as clear as anyone needs to be.
Absolutely!.....John 3:3; 1 John 4:3; 1 John 3:9; 1 John 5:18; 1 John 5:1 all come to mind as the premise to the point here GOD wants us to see: There are only two spiritual options in life; the natural, or flesh, which is the spirit of the anti-christ, which the acts of Adam created us to be slaves to in your disposition. And there is the Spirit of the Lamb, that frees us from all condemnation, yet, is a Spirit that also must rule us, by choice. Thus, anything that separates that spiritual rule; that of Jesus Christ, by analysis, is the Spirit of the anti-christ. What is the spirit of the anti-christ within me is my right to myself. God's order is He is to be completely sovereign over me, and I am to be absolute Sovereign over anything that is not God.

Sin is the switch-off button for the time being that makes me my own boss, however, it makes me boss of nothing else. To regain the absolute control God intended me to have, and to be brought back into perfect unity with God, if I want to know what the human race will be like on the basis of the redemption I will find it in Jesus Christ. We start out life with a uneasy knowledge that there is something wrong at the base of our existence with God, and life, and human reasoning has no power to change that. Thus, a New Creation we must be gained. The cross, not the water, is the basis of that, the water is the God ordained sign of allegiance to the cross.

This is the point of God, to be able to have true victory and to empower us to be able to lay our will alongside His. There are no subtexts, no fine lines. Satan would love for us to say, "This is all way too complicated, I give up!" On the basis of Redemption, Jesus has put the human race back to where God designed us to be, and we begin to see this as we simply receive His free gift of the cross, and confess both our sins and our position in Him. We become awakened by our own agony and His direct input thru the Holy Spirit.....How do I know this? Because the bible told me so! And the Word is alive in me! And I have been thru that revelational agony.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Do you believe that God would ever deceive anyone?
There is an unspoken premise in this: The fact that maybe your answer is better than the one Blain suggests, as he claims it's arrival thru the Holy Spirit. But instead of questioning yourself, you question his spirit?? Not even considering Blains point along the way? Let me ask you, "how do you receive your guidance, which Spirit drives you?" "Do you think there are any flaws in Christ?"

Sep 28, 2015
There is an unspoken premise in this: The fact that maybe your answer is better than the one Blain suggests, as he claims it's arrival thru the Holy Spirit. But instead of questioning yourself, you question his spirit?? Not even considering Blains point along the way? Let me ask you, "how do you receive your guidance, which Spirit drives you?" "Do you think there are any flaws in Christ?"

Nov 9, 2015
We deceive ourselves, even when looking right at the Word.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Just don't be tricked into denying Him. That's what I'm saying. That is the spirit of antichrist. This can take many forms, indeed even certain interpretations of scripture itself, never let them convince you other than "Jesus' sacrifice was for the salvation of all". There are now categorically zero people who were "not born again of the spirit".

Jesus died so all could be saved but to say that zero people are not born of the spirit is false because if that was so then they would all have a place in heaven and would all be saved but they aren't there are many satanists many murdering Islamic extremists many evil cruel people who at the moment are heading to hell.

I see everyone as God's children but not saved, there are lost children as well as saved.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Absolutely not! It wouldn't be possible for Him to go against His own Character.....but are you laying a courtroom premise here for His point or yours is my question. What do you believe? What is your point here? Or is the subtle soft questions to be our understanding of your points while we place the Word in the middle of the room with the light fully on? In time, our points are made known.....So, let me answer you as "NO" to your question let me see where you want to take me with that.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Allow me to answer your question with another question, if I am deceived in believing my answer was not from the holy spirit which I can tell is what you are implying then will you explain what the holy spirit is saying to you about this subject?

And also I am curious as to who you are and what you are about and why you are here, I heard people say you call yourself a prophet others have said that you believe only yourself to be righteous and saved and they also say that you are an accuser but who do you say you are and what is your intentions?

slave

Mar 20, 2015

I missed that point when I first read this, It is true God has given all opportunity for a born again life, but not all are. God didn't blanket our sins, He changed us in the middle of them. We must never think we don't need to die in our natural self, that would be a huge mistake. I would love for you to clarify that for us Stonemason, what was your position on that?....thx.

Nov 9, 2015
Jesus died so all could be saved but to say that zero people are not born of the spirit is false because if that was so then they would all have a place in heaven and would all be saved but they aren't there are many satanists many murdering Islamic extremists many evil cruel people who at the moment are heading to hell.

I see everyone as God's children but not saved, there are lost children as well as saved.
Those people you described, satanists and muslims, have specifically denied Jesus' divinity. Not sure what you think you're arguing. Further, that is between them and God.

"Evil cruel people" is subjective. They may, in the hearts, believe they follow Christ, but God knows the truth, and that truth is between them and God. Truly, how could you realistically follow Jesus and appear "evil and cruel"? I don't know. I don't have an answer. God has that, but because of personal emotion, we do not.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Those people you described, satanists and muslims, have specifically denied Jesus' divinity. Not sure what you think you're arguing. Further, that is between them and God.

"Evil cruel people" is subjective. They may, in the hearts, believe they follow Christ, but God knows the truth, and that truth is between them and God. Truly, how could you realistically follow Jesus and appear "evil and cruel"? I don't know. I don't have an answer. God has that, but because of personal emotion, we do not.
Arguing? I didn't realize we were arguing I thought we were having a simple discussion I'm sorry if that is how it appeared to you.

slave

Mar 20, 2015

Let me ask it in a way that will help us understand each others thoughts...Do you feel one must deny Jesus' divinity in order to go to hell, or does one simply need not receive God thru Christ Jesus to go to hell? Your answer will highlight both of our points I hope. I agree, by the way, that an evil cruel person has made known the spirit within them, but ultimately it is the spirit that is within them period, the fruit of the spirits give way to our discernment of that. But what reason sees sometimes as cruel can be God doing something we don't understand. We must be flexible to the Spirit that lives within us, not put our judgements as the creed of righteousness that leads us, but always be true to our humility to God Himself via His Son. I agree terrorism is ungodly, and that is being true to my spirit in real time!

Nov 9, 2015
God didn't blanket our sins, He changed us in the middle of them. We must never think we don't need to die in our natural self, that would be a huge mistake.
This is placing an artificial qualification on God's grace and implying some symbolic ritual is necessary for salvation, salvation which was given freely at Jesus' sacrifice, so, in short, you're saying "Jesus' sacrifice wasn't good enough, we must do more". God told us, "it is not what we do", provided we do not deny Him.

It's like you want to say "this conscious decision I've made, because I'm awake and can, is not an act", but it is to God. It is. But it is possible, in these acts we do to consciously, because you're awake, and can, deny God. That is how one loses salvation. That is what you're being tricked into doing when you say, "Jesus' sacrifice wasn't good enough, I must do more".

slave

Mar 20, 2015
This is placing an artificial qualification on God's grace and implying some symbolic ritual is necessary for salvation, salvation which was given freely at Jesus' sacrifice, so, in short, you're saying "Jesus' sacrifice wasn't good enough, we must do more". God told us, "it is not what we do", provided we do not deny Him.

It's like you want to say "this conscious decision I've made, because I'm awake and can, is not an act", but it is to God. It is. But it is possible, in these acts we do to consciously, because you're awake, and can, deny God. That is how one loses salvation. That is what you're being tricked into doing when you say, "Jesus' sacrifice wasn't good enough, I must do more".
Thank you for giving your view on that. I think that has made known our differences. "And this is the testimony: God has given us Eternal life, and this life is in His Son. {But it doesn't stop there...} He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." Read John 1:12; Romans 10:9-10; John 5:24; Romans 5:8; 1 Peter 3:18 to understand me better in why we must receive him as well, for our will has been given power , for the sake of a love relationship to be in charge of accepting and denying His unmerited favor. We must believe and receive.

Nov 9, 2015
Let me ask it in a way that will help us understand each others thoughts...Do you feel one must deny Jesus' divinity in order to go to hell, or does one simply need not receive God thru Christ Jesus to go to hell? Your answer will highlight both of our points I hope. I agree, by the way, that an evil cruel person has made known the spirit within them, but ultimately it is the spirit that is within them period, the fruit of the spirits give way to our discernment of that. But what reason sees sometimes as cruel can be God doing something we don't understand. We must be flexible to the Spirit that lives within us, not put our judgements as the creed of righteousness that leads us, but always be true to our humility to God Himself via His Son. I agree terrorism is ungodly, and that is being true to my spirit in real time!
To deny Jesus' divinity is the spirit of Antichrist. You must know of Jesus and his sacrifice to deny it. When you have been presented the spirit, to deny "it is what it is" is unpardonable.

I think also, you and I have different concepts of "hell". You equate "not saved" and "hell", but now we're delving to literal english translations, where "all sheol" and "all gehenna" are "hell", and I know this to not be true.

Nov 9, 2015
Thank you for giving your view on that. I think that has made known our differences. "And this is the testimony: God has given us Eternal life, and this life is in His Son. {But it doesn't stop there...} He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." Read John 1:12; Romans 10:9-10; John 5:24; Romans 5:8; 1 Peter 3:18 to understand me better in why we must receive him as well, for our will has been given power , for the sake of a love relationship to be in charge of accepting and denying His unmerited favor. We must believe and receive.
The only possible person who "does not have the Son" is one who denied the Son, because Jesus' sacrifice is for all.