The Christian Singles Forum

  • Thread starter Thread starter aquashift
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

aquashift

Guest
The Christian Singles Forum is to "Seek (or give) advice and encouragement..."
I always believed singles events to have only one purpose: to make single people not single.
 
Well, just because that's what you choose to believe doesn't make it true. I don't come to the singles forum to find a date. And if you actually took the time to read and get to know most of the singles regulars, few of them are really strongly actively seeking to date either. Most are open to the idea and would like to marry, but few are making any real effort and just living their lives as singles.
 
The Christian Singles Forum is to "Seek (or give) advice and encouragement..."
I always believed singles events to have only one purpose: to make single people not single.
-----
You heard wrong :D

---Seriously though, that is a closet (sheltered) type of thinking if I've ever heard one. And, yes, I am being serious .

I always say one thing when it comes to 'purpose,' for being single or any other purpose in life...Be your life purpose to serve God, everything else will then have....purpose.

God bless ! :)
 
I think the pressures and issues singles face compared to married counterparts are completely different. Hence this thread does give support and fellowship. I know that I have found security here knowing that I am not alone in singleness within a world and especially a Christian world (at least Churches) which uphold marriage as the embodiment of contentment and satisfaction. If along the way people do find someone to change their single status - so be it!
 
I always believed singles events to have only one purpose: to make single people not single.

Their true purpose is to make money and cleverly give you tools that will actually make it harder for you to connect with someone so that you will attend again next time they come around.
 
It's an opportunity to learn, share, encourage and have fun with people who understand where you are in life. :)
 
If you are at a singles event of just christian faith then you will see, Aquarius, how God works (amazingly) in that room, and, going to a singles evento, speaking for Christians, is not about flowing our human desires but about following God's desires for us. He knows best. :) Psalms 37:4
 
I don't attend single events at my church bc it feels awkward to me. :D I just like to let things happen naturally if it's God's will...
 
The Christian Singles Forum is to "Seek (or give) advice and encouragement..."
I always believed singles events to have only one purpose: to make single people not single.


Yeah your right...lets get married :rolleyes:
 
Its tough being a Christian single in this world.... Kingdom days in an evil age !!

I flip on the TV every so often and see all sorts of inuendos, ploying that its not good to be single, gotta check out e-harmony, match.com or buy some expensive pheramone spray cologne to attract the woman of your dreams... COME ON !!!!

For me to be able to provide "her" I have to follow God. I have to learn how to be single before I can learn how to live with a partner. And that is where inspiration, accountibility, prayer, bible studies and more come into play in order for me to keep walking.

The way I see it is this.... As I run to God, if a lady can run just as fast as I can twords God, then I am going to notice her.
 
Well, in the process of all the bonding, sharing, etc you MIGHT just find that special someone, IM JUST SAYING
 
The Christian Singles Forum is to "Seek (or give) advice and encouragement..."
I always believed singles events to have only one purpose: to make single people not single.

mmm maybe maybe now lol... only if you are there hahah wink "aquashift"
 
No Jon, I respectfully do not agree with your comment about Singles Forums and/or Events to have only one purpose: to make single people not single. However, most have that agenda in-mind. However, I Do Not.

People who are consecrated to The LORD, do not date, and do not want to be married, except, to The LORD.

I am one of them.

It is a privilege and an honour to serve The LORD without distraction.

Though I am a widow, and free to marry, I choose not too.

It is good to be separated for the purpose of serving the Lord.

PTL!
 
No Jon, I respectfully do not agree with your comment about Singles Forums and/or Events to have only one purpose: to make single people not single. However, most have that agenda in-mind. However, I Do Not.

People who are consecrated to The LORD, do not date, and do not want to be married, except, to The LORD.

I am one of them.

It is a privilege and an honour to serve The LORD without distraction.

Though I am a widow, and free to marry, I choose not too.

It is good to be separated for the purpose of serving the Lord.

PTL!


This is a four year old thread and the OP's last online activity was in January. Please don't pull zombie threads forward.