The church is a hospital for sinners?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
How often have you heard this? Didn't Jesus Himself say in Mark 2:17, "Those who are healthy have no need of a physician, but those who are ill. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Note the key word in Jesus' statement, "repentance." Paul in 1 Corinthians 5:13 says, ". . .you must exclude the wicked one from among you." And in Galatians 5:9, "A little leaven leavens the whole lump."

For as long as I've been alive the church as a whole has pretty much ignored Paul's admonitions and the results are obvious. Yes, the church is a hospital for sinners—repentant sinners! As it is now, the inmates are running the asylum.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
I couldn't agree more!

Hospital denotes care and healing,which is what a church is supposed to do for the lost who have the curse of death on them!

This is why I home church,two or three gathered,he will be in the midst of them.

The inmates are truly running the asylum😉

Kat671

Jan 23, 2021
We can still treat the sin, even when we welcome lost in, we should be helping transform not letting them change us. Heal Your Church Lord Jesus! equip us like you did at pentecost! We can bring truth with Your help in equipping Your soldiers Lord!

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
We can still treat the sin, even when we welcome lost in, we should be helping transform not letting them change us. Heal Your Church Lord Jesus! equip us like you did at pentecost! We can bring truth with Your help in equipping Your soldiers Lord!
Only the repentant can be helped.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I couldn't agree more!

Hospital denotes care and healing,which is what a church is supposed to do for the lost who have the curse of death on them!

This is why I home church,two or three gathered,he will be in the midst of them.

The inmates are truly running the asylum😉
I've got a question. I've been thinking about a home church. Do you still appoint elders and shepherds?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
The problem is, mostly, that the lost are allowed or encouraged to come in, but never hear the real gospel. I prefer the Brethren idea. They have a gospel meeting to start with. They have a break and then the meeting of the church begins. If someone is born again in the gospel meeting, they can have their fist communion as a believer.

People do not absorb Christianity through their skin. They need to hear the gospel. Pandering to the lost is a recipe for failure. Oh, the church may have 50,000 on the books. If they are not all born again, it is failure.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I've got a question. I've been thinking about a home church. Do you still appoint elders and shepherds?
Elders, yes. The role of pastor has become greatly exaggerated. If the group is properly taught and helped, it will become obvious who has the various gifts. Of course, it depends on the size of the group. One of the advantages is that there is no need for an expensive building. There is no reason why elders cannot work full time and still minister. If everyone fulfills their calling, the burden will be easier. There should be no such thing as pastor burnout.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.

No,we do not appoint positions, it is a very small gathering,much like in home prayer meetings use to be

We trust the Holy Spirit to lead our services in order as we pray and study together.

We do not have a pastor persay no one takes a text and expounds upon it unless led.It is much like bible study with singing, praise,worship,testimony, and scripture.

Jesus as our good shepherd has said his sheep will know his voice.

We are more free at discussing the word and we do not use outside interpretations.

The meetings are so intuned with loving and worshipping God.

These are usually people not seeking their own glory and are tired of the " inmates running the asylum"!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
How often have you heard this? Didn't Jesus Himself say in Mark 2:17, "Those who are healthy have no need of a physician, but those who are ill. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Note the key word in Jesus' statement, "repentance." Paul in 1 Corinthians 5:13 says, ". . .you must exclude the wicked one from among you." And in Galatians 5:9, "A little leaven leavens the whole lump."

For as long as I've been alive the church as a whole has pretty much ignored Paul's admonitions and the results are obvious. Yes, the church is a hospital for sinners—repentant sinners! As it is now, the inmates are running the asylum.
Hospital suppose help the sick, but we never know mans heart, some really want to help, dome use hospital to make money

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
No,we do not appoint positions, it is a very small gathering,much like in home prayer meetings use to be

We trust the Holy Spirit to lead our services in order as we pray and study together.

We do not have a pastor persay no one takes a text and expounds upon it unless led.It is much like bible study with singing, praise,worship,testimony, and scripture.

Jesus as our good shepherd has said his sheep will know his voice.

We are more free at discussing the word and we do not use outside interpretations.

The meetings are so intuned with loving and worshipping God.

These are usually people not seeking their own glory and are tired of the " inmates running the asylum"!
I see. Thanks for the info. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Where else are the lost to hear the gospel preached in its fullness within
an environment of those whose lives have been transformed by the same?

I was a seeker for many years, as lost as anyone can be. Part of my search
for truth took me into churches, where quite understandably as a "natural
man," I rejected Biblical teachings and anything that smacked of "that" God.

And yet, much to my chagrin at the time, that is where I experienced the
love and forgiveness of God, powerfully, profoundly, and personally.

Many years later, when I was not so averse to church teachings, and still
seeking answers, I once again took up church attendance and was finally
able to lay down my opposition to Him, and surrender my life to Him.

Glory!!! Thank God there are churches which remain faithful to preaching
the gospel, being good stewards of His revealed written Word, and showing
the love of Christ to all who enter, regardless of who they are or what they've
done. I pray the love of God is extended to all who seek it by those who
proclaim the goodness and grace of His holy Name within the body of Christ.

Mar 4, 2020

While there is some truth in what you're saying, it possibly comes from a misunderstanding of what repentance is.

For example, Paul also said something else in a letter written to the church at Corinth:

1 Corinthians 3:1-3
1And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Now your job is to come up with a narrative that somehow makes these Corinthian church members not in Christ and unrepentant, even though 1 Cor 3:1-3 says they're in Christ and still practicing carnality, envying, strife, and division.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I don't know what Church you are talking about. I wouldn't go near any Church here in the UK.
Over here at present National health Hospitals are the last place anyone wants to find their
selves in in. The same goes for UK Churches.

I saw a satirical letter yesterday that sums it up. Someone said that he went to see his GP (general
practitioner) and somehow ended up at a Vets surgery. The up side he said is that he is now immune
against Distemper and Mange for a whole year!

If you want Spiritual Healing or hear the true Gospel the last place you want to attend is any Church
whatever its Denomination otherwise you may find yourself with a cure that's worse than the complaint.

Kat671

Jan 23, 2021
Yes all the denominations are corrupted, the place to look for God is in the Bible, You will find Him there if you seek Him genuinely, it took some time to find a church that is speaking truth but I think it happened, but in no way should that ever be the only thing someone does. Fellowship is important, encouragement is important, but never more important than a personal relationship with our trinity God!

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Apostles appoint elders. The apostles should know the church to be able to recognize those who are elders. The elders can then be recognized before the saints. Shepherds are not likewise appointed but their gifts can be recognized by the saints.

Shepherds are specifically gifted with the care and well-being of the members. They and elders also must give an account to God for their work within the lives of the saints. The work of a shepherd and elder are very similar but while all elders are shepherds, not all shepherds are elders.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dread going to hospitals!

But they are necessary at times though many people experience they can actually make you feel worse after youve gone in to them. (bullying nurses, extortionate fees, long waiting times)

Thing is sometimes its better to go to a restaurant instead of a hospital you may actually experience more hospitality. Sometimes all people need is a soothing cup of tea and a listening ear.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
To whom did Jesus go?

The dregs and unfit for society is who.

Who are the ones that realize they need saving ?

That one who is in a pit so low they can't see daylight!

Wouldn't you love to reach with Jesus' hand and pull them from stormy seas as Jesus did Peter?