The Cost of being Free Part One Intro

  • Thread starter Thread starter TyFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TyFish

Guest
Good morning my brothers and sisters in Christ. I felt compelled to write this due to what I am seeing not only in this nation but the entire world around us....
In John 8:36 The Bible says "Therefore if the Son makes you free,you shall be free indeed." So the question I take away is what truly is Freedom? It is such a broad term that we often take so lightly I believe. I mean to be living here in this country we often here "Land of the free" and "Home of the brave". Even the officers stand before a panel and sware to protect this country from all enemies foreign and domestic. But I'm afraid enemies come in all shapes and sizes. Our mightiest armies can't protect us from the spiritual wickedness in high places Ephesians 6:12 speaks of, for they are our real enemies!! I truly believe in this country while we may be free physically in this mighty nation. There are many imprisoned spirtitually. Don't believe me? Turn on the TV and witness the hatred, cruelty and indifference of this world. Foreign and Domestic. Sometimes the TV doesn't even need to be turned on, we can simply look In the mirror and see a prisoners. "All have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory." Rom. 3:23. In our text John 8:36, Jesus knew this very well to be true of the people in His day and he gives us this hope today. Freedom rests in the blood of Jesus!!! His crucifixion and resurrection is the key to our jail cell where Satan has been the jailer for far too long. Jesus wants us to live life not be bound by it or afraid of it. So I have started this blog series and will give some key points on what the true price of our freedom is and what we need to do with it according to Scripture. I want to be a blessing as I have been blessed to be a help to someone else. I hope and pray you will come with me on this journey. God bless....