The Creation Of Man

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Written by Don Byrd creation of man

“And God said, Let us make man
in our image, after our likeness:
and let them have dominion over
the fish of the sea, and over the fowl
of the air, and over the cattle, and
over all the earth, and over every
creeping thing that creepeth upon
the earth. So God created man in
his own image, in the image of God
created he him; male and female
created he them. And God blessed
them, and God said unto them, Be
fruitful, and multiply, and replen-
ish the earth, and subdue it: and
have dominion over the fish of the
sea, and over the fowl of the air, and
over every living thing that moveth
upon the earth” (Genesis 1:27-28).

Adam was the first human God
created after His likeness and im-
age. It is my understanding that God created Adam with the intention of
placing a “Christ in you” Spirit-na-
ture in him. Why do I understand
this in this manner? I do so based
on the eternal outcome where we
find all of those who have a “Christ
in you” Spirit spending eternity in
the Father’s house (John 14). Con-
firmation: “...Now if any man have
not the Spirit of Christ, he is none
of his” (Romans 8:9). However, the
placing of this spirit-nature had to
be a freewill choice made by Adam.

It was arranged in this manner so
God would get what He wanted
from the very onset. God wanted
“...I will be to him a Father, and he
shall be to me a Son...” (Hebrews
1:5).

From the onset, the Father wanted to love and to receive love in the same manner. This had to be a
freewill choice by both the Father
and those who He gave His love.
By this I mean the Father gives His
love because it is what He wants for
Himself. He does not love because
He knows we need His love. That
would not be pure love. He loves
us because it is what He wants for
Himself and not because He knows
we need His love.

The one who He loves must re-
turn that love in the same manner
received from the Father. If we love
the Father because we know He
wants us to love Him it would not
be pure love. We must love our Fa-
ther because it is what we want and
not because we know it is what our
Father desires.

When we love our
Father because it is what we want
then it is our Father’s pure love re-
ciprocated to Him. It is completely
up to the Father’s offspring to recip-
rocate the love our Father manifests
toward them. His offspring must
also freely receive our Father’s love,
which is a freewill choice. No force
or coercion is involved in this pro-
cess. This love process functions
only between the Father and His
birthed offspring, who allow it to
spontaneously function. May we
daily learn how to receive and re-
turn our Father’s love.

What is God’s likeness and image?
This pertains only to the “...I will
be to him a Father, and he shall be
to me a Son...” (Hebrews 1:5). The
likeness and image of God is the Fa-
ther part of God. It pertains to the
part of God that can birth offspring.
There is no such thing as a like-
ness and image of the Omnipotent,
Omniscient, Omnipresent and Su-
preme God. Why is this true? This
is because the Supreme God is self-
existent. Therefore, there can be no
likeness and image of such a one
as the Supreme, self-existent God.

Adam’s creation was never com-
pleted in the image and likeness of
the Father. Adam’s creation was not
complete until the last Adam died.
“And so it is written, The first man
Adam was made a living soul; the
last Adam was made a quicken-
ing spirit” (1 Corinthians 15:45).
Christ Jesus our Lord was the last
Adam. However, He was also the
second man. “The first man is of the
earth, earthy: the second man is the
Lord from heaven” (1 Corinthians
15:47).
Adam’s creation remains incom-
plete until an individual believes
in accordance with Romans 10:9-
13. When an individual believes in
the crucifixion, death, burial, res-
urrection, and ascension of Jesus
our Lord that individual receives
the “Christ in you” spirit-nature
and this is his completion, which is
what God intended from the onset.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Adam was so Christ like that Christ Himself is known as the second Adam. Adam lost this image when he disobeyed. This image will be restored for those who are in Christ at the catching up of the saints.

P

pottersclay

I have a bit of a problem with post 1 and 2 .
Dealing with the saints God is not in the business of restoring them. Jesus said "unless you are born again" this is not restoring.
We are a new creature not restored. Heaven and Earth pass away...not restored. Paul says "all things become new" not restored.
I see where your comming from maybe it's the verbage your using?
The complex situation of God decree of death had to come to pass yet man to be saved (God's will ) to be possible.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Adam was so Christ like that Christ Himself is known as the second Adam. Adam lost this image when he disobeyed. This image will be restored for those who are in Christ at the catching up of the saints.

Adam did not possess much knowledge outside giving names to things and chasing Eve around (their Enlightenment came at failing to obey a direct order).

Adam was only innocent like Christ without sin, because Adam never faced a situation yet where he could disobey God. And as we already know and aware of, Adam failed his one and only trial. He certainly appears that he was going to sin one way or another. God still ensured we were corrupt so we would need Him!!

When preachers break down Adam to Christ, Christ to Adam, I am fully aware that had they got a real glimpse of who Adam was and how he did not even pass his own trial, he failed on basis of listening to Eve, they would see there is no comparison who Adam was in comparison to Yeshua.

Nov 26, 2012
Until we admit we really know nothing about the creation event, the Garden and Adam we are subject to our preconceptions and things learned by children’s books. Even what has already been said is tainted with conjecture.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
What can you not see here, born once in the physical, born again in spirit. I'm not seeing any restoration, I see a death to the first Adam, Gal. 2:20. I would like to hear what you have to say

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Until we admit we really know nothing about the creation event, the Garden and Adam we are subject to our preconceptions and things learned by children’s books. Even what has already been said is tainted with conjecture.
Keep reading

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
We definitely know for certain that Adam was going to sin. His very first (ever) trial he faced, he failed both God and Eve. There was no hesitation, he took what eve had and just bit into it. He wanted to obviously break that command of God (Do Not eat of the tree). No doubt before this incident took place, Adam had thought many many times about eating that fruit. And the moment Eve handed it to him, he completely disregarded the Command of God and ate of it. Typically, one would think their first trial would be a success. Adam was not even tempted by the Adversary, who clearly knew Adam would sin. No, the Adversary went to the cunning one of the two. No doubt the Adversary had been watching Eve weave her web and have Adam wrapped up in it.

When it breaks down to obviously what happened, we know man sinned, and that fell upon each one of us. But more than that, we know that man willingly sinned. That tree was eventually going to be a problem between man and God's Command!!

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
The Book of Enoch
Chapter 9
5You have seen what Azazyel has done, how he has taught every species of iniquity upon earth, and has disclosed to the world all the secret things which are done in the heavens.

6Samyaza also has taught sorcery, to whom you have given authority over those who are associated with him. They have gone together to the daughters of men; have lain with them; have become polluted;

7And have revealed these sins to them.

As we can read here, many "sins" were revealed unto the "daughters of men." Of which, the "Garden of Eden Incident?" Was the where it started!
This is the "WHY", Adam n Eve "felt" ashamed, and sewed fig leaves to cover their "privates!"
Their SIN was "REVEALED" To them. ("Their EYES were opened!")

I can't see the term ENLIGHTENED being used in a good sense? :unsure:

E

eternally-gratefull

Adam was created perfect, if he did not sin, christ never would have needed to come, he came because his creation, created in his image, chose to rebell.

God loves because it is better to give than recieve, he does not do it for himself, he does it because that is who he is, god is love, to learn how to love is to learn how to be like god.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
What can you not see here, born once in the physical, born again in spirit. I'm not seeing any restoration, I see a death to the first Adam, Gal. 2:20. I would like to hear what you have to say
What I meant by this comment that not only was Adam like Jesus physically but he was also sinless.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Adam did not possess much knowledge outside giving names to things and chasing Eve around (their Enlightenment came at failing to obey a direct order).
I think God gave Man more knowledge than we care to think. Without cutting up a corpse and discovering, Adam knew he had bones.

“At last!” the man exclaimed. “This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’”
Genesis 2:23 NLT

And Adam naming animals shows he had ability to speak language.

Something I'd to look into more, but I'm thinking is something given from God.
I don't know much about language but I find it interesting. Language is taught, God either taught Adam a language or it was part of his make up and just knew how to speak.
We see people who are dumb, healed. Being able to speak in an instant who have never spoken before, yet it takes years for a child to begin to properly articulate words.
There's also claims of people waking up from comas, speaking languages they have never spoken - I'd like to look into the validity of those claims more.
In a nutshell, I think there's more to language than meets the eye and I think that God created Adam with extreme intelligence.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Adam was so Christ like that Christ Himself is known as the second Adam.
That would be going too far. Adam failed God at the first opportunity he had, and that too in spite of all his privileges. The second or last Adam was necessary only because the first Adam did something with disastrous consequences. At the same time God already knew that the first Adam would disobey Him and would need to be cast out of Eden (Paradise) along with Eve. Therefore He provided for the Lamb of God from before the foundation of the world.

Apr 15, 2017
The Old Testament says Adam was created in the image of God.

The New Testament says Adam was created in the figure of Him to come, Jesus Christ.

The image of God is the image of Christ.

God had the plan to come in the future in flesh before He laid down the foundation of the world, and created Adam in that image, an innocent nature in flesh.

Which is the Word that was with God, and the Word was God, which means the plan of God to come in flesh, which the Word was made flesh.

God had the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden for He gave them a choice, for then it is true love if they make the right choice.

Adam and Eve did not think about eating off the tree for it would of never entered their mind, and they would have no desire to eat of it, unless an outside source tempted them.

So God allowed Satan to tempt Eve, and she said plainly that they could not eat off the tree, for that is all she knew and could think.

So then Satan tempted her by telling her that she will be greater than her current position if she ate of the tree, and they will be as gods, maybe implying that because of their exalted position God could not go against them for them disobeying His command, and she sinned.

Then Eve was the outside source that tempted Adam by showing him that she did not die, and it was alright to eat of the tree, and Adam sinned.

Then their eyes were opened, and realized that what they did was wrong, and tried to cover it up, and take away the shame, which is people's first attempt at religion that falls short of the fulness of God, for He did not approve but made them coats of skins, and covered them.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
That would be going too far. Adam failed God at the first opportunity he had, and that too in spite of all his privileges. The second or last Adam was necessary only because the first Adam did something with disastrous consequences. At the same time God already knew that the first Adam would disobey Him and would need to be cast out of Eden (Paradise) along with Eve. Therefore He provided for the Lamb of God from before the foundation of the world.
Adam was created in God’s image. Jesus is the image of the invisible God.