read your bible, yashua was crucified on a tree.
No, He was not. He was crucified on a Roman cross, made out of wood, just like the thieves on either side of Him.
read your bible, yashua was crucified on a tree.
I think perhaps we reach the same destination by different roads.
I think it's an increasing methodology and deception in the modern world to try to discredit the message by discrediting the messenger , and that's what the OP was trying to do.
I'm not sure why we go into witch trials at Salem , but I think we're told not to suffer a witch to live, aren't we ? That's a complicated question but I don't discount the existence of things on the say so of modern interpretations or sensibilities. In fact , I'm quite sure that the modern equivalents are rife, spreading their unsavoury philosophy under cover of what they claim to be rational thinking and tolerance - the test of which is how tolerant they are of things they disagree with.
By the way, man cannot be good nor evil. These things are above him, but he has free will and may chose which he wishes to obey. Of course, in order to do this he must make a decision which is which.
Have you read the Bible ?
I'm afraid that it does call for various people to be put to death and other than those things specifically mentioned in the sermon on the mount we are told that not a jot of the Law is altered.
I pointed out there that we are told not to suffer a witch to live, so how do you reconcile that with what you've said above ?
Do you not accept the possibility of witchcraft incidentally ?
What you say about Islaam is quite correct, and very much what I said earlier.
So, when Our Lord said that not a jot of the Law was changed what do you think he meant ?
I don't much like the idea of "the present day church" being something different to Christianity itself. Personally, I think that's a deception in which some people think they can alter Christianity to fit their own politics and sensibilities.
You say that you understand the Bible, whereas others don't , and I don't think that's a good thing.
After many many years of study and prayer I am certain of some things, but I think we can always learn more because we don't know what God knows, and I would hesitate to question what He has said according to my own view of the world.
Well my honest understanding is that the law didn’t change ( and I base that upon what our Lord said), but it was now possible to be forgiven.
He didn’t say anything about this distinction between moral obligations and other stuff which you speak of.
I also thought that the crucifixion expanded the chosen people to include gentiles. Our Lord was Jewish if course and was referred to during his time on earth as a Rabbi and our God is also known as the Lord God of Israel.
He is the only true God and as far as I know he doesn’t have different rules for different races or nationalities.
What about the Ten Commandments by the way ? Do they still count ?
Don’t you think the Gospel of Matthew counts either ?
Listen, I don’t like this stuff which I’d like arguing about it . We all have to search for the true word and we should help each other by discussion of our conclusions rather than batter each other with entrenched viewpoints - which isn’t to say that if you believe something you have to change that unless you think you’d previously misunderstood . That happens to me all the time
read your bible, yashua was crucified on a tree.
I don't know why you keep mentioning the idea of salvation coming through acts, because I never suggested that.
The bit you quote in green seems to me to support what I said.
Our Lord specifically did NOT cancel out the Law and said so clearly. He added to it and changed the nature of how we should view it .
You've raised a big issue in my mind and I've prayed a lot about it.
Where I am is here - I don't believe that the Catholic Church is set up to mislead me although some within it over two millennia might have wanted to do that. Also , some of them might have been wrong in the multifarious views and teachings they've come up with. Equally I don't think that you set out to mislead me , but you also can be mistaken.
Ultimately the individual relationship between a man and our Lord Jesus Christ is what counts and the means by which we can best understand the truth. All of us can and should do our best to teach and inform others, especially those large numbers of people who have difficulty learning anything. Therefore we must consider what the church says on one hand and what you say on the other, but we cannot accept either version as if it's an unchallenged set of facts, but rather view both - and all other versions- through prayer and study.
Therefore , put forward your teachings , but don't become angry if they're questioned and don't regard it as a personal insult if someone disagrees with what you say on the matter. God knows everything and we know nothing, so we can only do our best to understand His will.
I've often reminded Catholics that the church belongs to God rather than God belonging to the Church and with great love and respect I would give you similar advice.