The Cruciform Theodrama

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
Angelic observers in heavenly spheres
See the face of darkness rising
As serpent from its ancient root

Hands of the Righteous One soon pierced
World's rulers enthralled in the dark enticing
As nails convey our sin and reveal painful truth

Arms outstretched he is uplifted in mid-air
As in his body he joins height and width
Mediating between heaven and earth

Bystanders join in by their contemptuous stare
Passing by the healing pain in their midst
As the coming new covenant is in pangs of birth

The servant enthroned to lead in suffering
Became king coronated with thistles and thorns
Choice before the world on his right and left

Our own guilt next to the grace he was ushering
The place of decision amidst the scorns
Humble wish for reception or spiteful theft

The forces of darkness in this world
And the sinister one they follow
Did not understand the depth of love

Into wheels of destruction he was hurled
Yet on third day their power proved hollow
Mission of mercy received its amen from above

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
What a picture of sin, mercy, grace and forgiveness! Also our wicked foes!

Great word painting!

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
Thanks. First I thought I'd save this one for Good Friday, but perhaps I'll be able to write another poem or two on the same topic by that time.

Also, could you comment on how clearly discernible the rhyme pattern is in your opinion? It is:

A
B
C

A
B
C

So I wouldn't really fault a reader for not even noticing that it rhymes as there are multiple lines in between.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Thanks. First I thought I'd save this one for Good Friday, but perhaps I'll be able to write another poem or two on the same topic by that time.

Also, could you comment on how clearly discernible the rhyme pattern is in your opinion? It is:

A
B
C

A
B
C

So I wouldn't really fault a reader for not even noticing that it rhymes as there are multiple lines in between.
Thanks for pointing out rhyming scheme! No i didnt notice it. Perhaps a more observant person would see it?