Some have been led to believe that there are no blessings attached to the law God gave to Israel via Moses, and with that believe that the law itself is a curse. So here is a sort of parable that defines the "curse of the law."
I walk to the intersection and see the street light with the picture of a walking person. As I look both ways, the cars to my right and left come to a stop, and I am free to walk across the street in safety. This is a blessing. As I walk to the other side of the street I turn right to cross the street that is perpendicular to the one I just crossed. The light is red telling me that it's not the right time to cross. I don't want to wait so I cross against the warning and get hit by a car and am critically injured. This is a curse.
The light in this parable is the law, and my actions according to the instructions the light gives bring to me either curses or blessings. It's simple then to comprehend that the law is not the curse per se. The curses, and blessings are the consequence of my actions.
There are two things the Word tells us the law did by arriving...one is it showed the Holiness of God. It is a Law that God has ordained and found perfect. Ok, that was easy.
Now step two, as it was given, we were without it before we had it right?!! Duh! So I have compared it to a tennis game.
Let's say we go and watch a tennis game, we call it that anyway..and we watch as two people hit balls anyway they feel led. score on the bases of whatever they feel is right to score by, and at the end both think they have won, because they both had separate rules to the Game. The crowd may have been amused but rather confused.
So now jumps in the Holy Laws. Or the rules to the game of tennis in my example, based on God's perspective the wise perspective.. Now we have a distinct winner and loser to the game. Now some that had worked hard at their own rules hate the new ones because it isn't theirs. So they fight the new ones. But some like the new rules and like the rule giver. So they follow it to win the game.
But , alas, they never get to win the game. even tho they played by the Holy rules they still always lost, because they couldn't succeed at the rules all the time.. They ask what's the point of this game if one can never win it? Then God jumps in and says to them, "AhA! you now get it, trying to follow the rules under your current state of being won't get it done!" "You have gotten the point correctly!"...
now here is the answer to the entire problem of not being able to win, "You all suck so bad at this game I have not seen even one able to play it well enough to win, but I will tell you something, come close, I already knew that before I gave you the rules, You see this guy Adam was the first player of the game and I saw he decided to not follow the rules. And I realized he was such a bad player I would have to change the whole way this guy and people like him would be able to win the game. So I have chosen one that is capable of not only playing the game within the rules, but winning the game every time He plays it. In fact the opponent and I have agreed to play one game to represent all of you, what the opponent doesn't realize is how much it will cost him to lose that game for himself... So I have had Jesus represent all of you in this one game to win the game. And I will endorse him."
So then History tells us of the game of tennis that is not even close in comparison to the real battle against Satan but I have to stay in character because I started this silly example...smile...So the cross becomes the end game for us all now we can never re play the game to win, for we are unable to win. But we can always win the game as we exercise our right to be apart of the winning side and winning experience as God no longer sees the crude player in us but the great player in Christ, for this is how he sees us now. because God goes on to say that .."God has given us eternal life and this life is in His son; he who has the son has life." But of coarse if only Christ is seen anyone outside of Him then loses or pays the cost of that first terrible player Adam that we are just as bad as. Hell is for those that just don't accept the perfect plan of Salvation.
so we can put the rackets down now it's over. The only thing we have to do now is live it out. self and Satan are our only nemesis.Yet, the Master liar has a force we have seen in our own lives. And even in these forums, subtlety is a strong diverter.
The curse is where we once thought ourselves to be worthy from sins fate of death...now has a definite guideline of failure and success. cursing us in our Old-Self's Spirit....that leads to death.. It is the realization of that condition. But the curse has an answer. The best one money can't buy! Jesus Christ's victory on the cross. An all-inclusive victory over sin and death. Free . Satan wants us all to think it is too good to be true. He's a liar!