The cute barista at Starbucks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CC_Bride

What if you like him and he likes you and he is actually a good match for you but because you decide not to pursue it, you never find out? The one thing that people always wonder about when they get older is the "what if's". We don't come across someone that we're attracted to everyday. What have you got to lose? Your pride? Will the world end if it turns out he's not interested? Of course not.

I'm just saying that I'd hate to see you let a chance like this pass by for no good reason. You're young and pretty. This is the time when you should be finding a mate. As we get older our looks fade and our chances of attracting someone begin to diminish. With women its even harder because older men tend to go for younger women and then there's the whole biological clock thing..
Sorry Zero but this advice sucks big time. Your advice sounds like it came from that purile pop culture "Hes just not that into you" movie rubbish

As bible believing Jesus loving people we shouldnt just consider "ooh is he gonna be my future husband??" just based on her thinking hes attractive. Oh btw, thats called lust. Regardless if the bloke is an athiest self centred prat or bible loving Christian. That kind of mental fantasy pushes you to emotionally connect very prematurely in my opinion and can lead you down dangerous slopes all for the sake of "oh cos hes attractive." So what? If you're a Christian woman who wants to be loved by a man as Christ loved the church, then you''d want to raise the standards on where you're going to 'hunt' potential suitors, and if you're wanting that then you'd want to find out whether or not their a Christian before you even bother batting your eyelashes at him, and Im sorry but I can't think of a single Christian male (except Ned Flanders) who would deliberately go to Starbucks, walk up to every woman and ask "Hi, Im a Christian, I want to date a Christian, do you love Jesus.. No? Ok Next one! Hi, Im a christian..."

Im not saying you should sit back on your toosh and expect your future husband on a silver platter from God, Im just suggesting your A game isn't that flash. Look around at your church, INCLUDING the men that you wouldn't immediately pay attention to but whom God has put in your path. You never know what may come out of those friendships. Or suggest to people you trust in the church if they know any decent christian guys they can point in your direction. And if theres no options left, visit some other churches in your neighborhood, find out if they have singles groups if your looking.

But don't go asking your Christian brothers and sisters (who should know better) to give you hints on how to flirt with men you don't know anything about! You don't know their character, sin, faith/nonfaith, attitudes, values etc. Geez louise thats just secular non christian folly! And stop watching too much rom com's. They subtley give out awful advice.

Of course Ive realised I probably come off as some big killy joy meanie, so heres my advice to you to get some 'attention' from your starbucks 'crush.' Next time you go, take a big fat giant bible with you and read it openly in full view while waiting for your coffee without saying a thing. I garrentee you'll find the answer to his being interested/not interested in you based on his facial expression when he see's that.

Aug 2, 2009
Sorry Zero but this advice sucks big time. Your advice sounds like it came from that purile pop culture "Hes just not that into you" movie rubbish

As bible believing Jesus loving people we shouldnt just consider "ooh is he gonna be my future husband??" just based on her thinking hes attractive. Oh btw, thats called lust. Regardless if the bloke is an athiest self centred prat or bible loving Christian. That kind of mental fantasy pushes you to emotionally connect very prematurely in my opinion and can lead you down dangerous slopes all for the sake of "oh cos hes attractive." So what? If you're a Christian woman who wants to be loved by a man as Christ loved the church, then you''d want to raise the standards on where you're going to 'hunt' potential suitors, and if you're wanting that then you'd want to find out whether or not their a Christian before you even bother batting your eyelashes at him, and Im sorry but I can't think of a single Christian male (except Ned Flanders) who would deliberately go to Starbucks, walk up to every woman and ask "Hi, Im a Christian, I want to date a Christian, do you love Jesus.. No? Ok Next one! Hi, Im a christian..."

Im not saying you should sit back on your toosh and expect your future husband on a silver platter from God, Im just suggesting your A game isn't that flash. Look around at your church, INCLUDING the men that you wouldn't immediately pay attention to but whom God has put in your path. You never know what may come out of those friendships. Or suggest to people you trust in the church if they know any decent christian guys they can point in your direction. And if theres no options left, visit some other churches in your neighborhood, find out if they have singles groups if your looking.

But don't go asking your Christian brothers and sisters (who should know better) to give you hints on how to flirt with men you don't know anything about! You don't know their character, sin, faith/nonfaith, attitudes, values etc. Geez louise thats just secular non christian folly! And stop watching too much rom com's. They subtley give out awful advice.

Of course Ive realised I probably come off as some big killy joy meanie, so heres my advice to you to get some 'attention' from your starbucks 'crush.' Next time you go, take a big fat giant bible with you and read it openly in full view while waiting for your coffee without saying a thing. I garrentee you'll find the answer to his being interested/not interested in you based on his facial expression when he see's that.
Sheesh, Melody! :) I didn't tell her to sleep with the guy. I'm just saying that she shouldn't just write him off without at least trying to get to know a little more about him. I'm sure that Arwen doesn't run into guys attractive enough to start threads about everyday.

I hope you're not saying that she should write him off just because she didn't meet him in church because that's kind of what it sounds like to me. If that is what you're saying, then that's your opinion and I respect that, but its not a sin to try to get to know someone that you met outside of church.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
On another note, are you still hosting trivia games in chat, Melody? :) I really enjoyed that one time I got to play.

J

Jullianna

Ditto about the Bible trivia thing :)

J

Jullianna

Since it won't, I'm gonna tell CC Bride that her avatar made me laugh so hard I started coughing again :)

A

arwen7

There is a high number of posts and visits and people think, 'hey, well this post seems like its getting lots of responses, I should check it out. Must be interesting...' No. No its not. Its mostly about horses. But alas, the cycle continues...

I wish I could change the title atleast; I'm getting annoyed with it. Something a 14 year girl would write.:rolleyes:

Facepalm

V

violakat

Yeah, it's a horse's eye. I took that picture sometime earlier this year, and just thought it was a great pic. Didn't think about the beating of the dead horse in here.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
There is a high number of posts and visits and people think, 'hey, well this post seems like its getting lots of responses, I should check it out. Must be interesting...' No. No its not. Its mostly about horses. But alas, the cycle continues...

I wish I could change the title atleast; I'm getting annoyed with it. Something a 14 year girl would write.:rolleyes:

Facepalm
Haha, I know the feeling..........I think Oncefallen can close the thread for ya, if we ask him REEEEAAAALY nicely.

How about it, Mr. Fallen? Or do we have to bribe you with cookies, as well? :p

G

GreenNnice

Guys: What are some ways a girl can get positive male attention? I heard subtle cues don't always work.
The Lord leads. Pray , like zere said, and, make it heartfelt prayer, for His perfect for your life, and, just be yourself, areHis. God WILL make something materialize IF it's His perfect way for you.

Bottom line: don't fret, that shows God you are not liking His plan for your life.

Remember this?

David sinned with Bathsheba and God told David, through Nathan the prophet that 's child would die, or, something like that, David having Uriah put on front lines of battle didn't help D's cause either...

Anyway, Nathan told David that the child in Bathsheba would die soonafter being born. David cried to God, tore his clothes , put ashes on his head. But then, after the child did, indeed, die God then saw David's countenance not falling, for David understood that God had other plans for His 'shepherd boy'' this 'knowing' by David was 'faith' of course. Anyway, David then was blessed with a child, and, not justbany child but Solomon was born. God wants us to follow Him, to accept His perfect for our life, milady.

He is there, always, as long as you stay with Him, He will never leave you nor forsake you. :)

Justcuz

Banned: 13 forum posts with blatant lies about CC
Jul 6, 2012
Should you go for the cute barista?
Just go ask Carrie Bradshaw... :p

(topic closed)

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012

That something is keeping this thread at the top of page 1

Justcuz

Banned: 13 forum posts with blatant lies about CC
Jul 6, 2012