The Dark Night of the Soul?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ocean
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
This obviously means a lot to you, rigidity is not my style so I am moving on.

Respect to @homwardbound .. the OP knows what CC is like.

You're just trying to justify inconsiderate behavior. We all sidetrack threads, but IMO it takes an obstinate spirit to try to justify it when requested not to by the originator of a thread
 
That's all you know how to do. Point the finger at others. Go look in a mirror and point the finger
You have 2 different people witness to you that this isn't the case, but you don't go with that witness. Biblically, that makes you inaccurate...out of the mouth of 2 or more witnesses.
 
You're just trying to justify inconsiderate behavior. We all sidetrack threads, but IMO it takes an obstinate spirit to try to justify it when requested not to by the originator of a thread

My compulsive side once again .... he did not derail the thread.

She asked what are you thoughts, those were his thoughts.

The end.
 
Isn't this what you are doing?

No, I'm trying to point something out to you about your behavior that is consistent throughout all your posts. You're always implying that others are at fault, or not measuring up to something. You need to ask yourself why you responded that the OP should simply overlook that which OP expressed frustration about rather than trying to understand OP's needs. It's like you think you're some kind of judge of others' right Christian behavior. You're not. Love bears burdens. You did not do that, but rather implied that OP's burdens weren't important
 
You have 2 different people witness to you that this isn't the case, but you don't go with that witness. Biblically, that makes you inaccurate...out of the mouth of 2 or more witnesses.

That's really pathetic. See, you never address that there might be something wrong with you
 
I know I said I was no longer going to respond to this op (my own), but seeing how it has blown up with things, that again, have nothing to do with the op, I will stick my nose in again.
 
No, I'm trying to point something out to you about your behavior that is consistent throughout all your posts. You're always implying that others are at fault, or not measuring up to something. You need to ask yourself why you responded that the OP should simply overlook that which OP expressed frustration about rather than trying to understand OP's needs. It's like you think you're some kind of judge of others' right Christian behavior. You're not. Love bears burdens. You did not do that, but rather implied that OP's burdens weren't important
I didn't focus on any fault. I exhorted an individual to well doing. You, on the other hand, did exactly what you say I am guilty of. You lack discernment, and also don't receive correction well.
Grace and peace.
 
No, I'm trying to point something out to you about your behavior that is consistent throughout all your posts. You're always implying that others are at fault, or not measuring up to something. You need to ask yourself why you responded that the OP should simply overlook that which OP expressed frustration about rather than trying to understand OP's needs. It's like you think you're some kind of judge of others' right Christian behavior. You're not. Love bears burdens. You did not do that, but rather implied that OP's burdens weren't important
I didn't focus on any fault. I exhorted an individual to well doing. You, on the other hand, did exactly what you say I am guilty of. You lack discernment, and also don't receive correction well.
Grace and peace.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Aaron56
Sure. Don't confuse not loving with good advice.

Nothing to do with love or a lack thereof. Disruption and constantly drawing attention to oneself is something that is beyond the scope of this forum, let alone this thread, that needs addressing. If a person constantly comes into a thread and talks about themself and excuses that self cry for attention with vague parallels to some kind of spiritual reality (sometimes only to that particular person and not in a general way) it helps no one, including the person doing such things.

And kindly note that this is a general observation and not any desire to single anyone out or even try to correct that behavior (which usually cannot be corrected and certainly not on this forum)
 
I understand it to mean a time when the soul loses its ability to save itself from pain and discomfort.

All sons of God (male and female), if they love God, will be led through such an experience. The intent is for the son to experience death in the desert, so to speak. Long held traditions, expectations, biases, and imaginations are brought to their end and extinguished in our lives.

Jesus was led to the wilderness to fast and be tempted by the devil.
Peter and Paul had such experiences. Many other faithful in the Lord went through similar things.

The intent is to get us to obtain a place where the enemy can find nothing in us to hook onto.

This is Jesus: "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me."

Through this time, our spirits rise over our soul's desire to control our lives and our reliance on the Lord is strengthened. By this, submitting to and being led by the Spirit of God, our souls are saved from the ways and schemes of the world.

That is the conclusion, it seems, of what the 'dark night of the soul' represents. I think we do see some of this in scripture in different ways and with different amounts of time. I guess we might call it a 'cleansing' of the soul and freeing up the spirit to reach out to God. That might not be the best representation of what happens, but perhaps a conclusion to what happens. Thanks
 
I didn't focus on any fault. I exhorted an individual to well doing. You, on the other hand, did exactly what you say I am guilty of. You lack discernment, and also don't receive correction well.
Grace and peace.

You supposedly 'exhorted' me when no such thing was warranted. Peace at any cost is not peace, but a cowardly act of someone not able or willing to discuss the problem.