The Death of a Mother/Daughter Friendship.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RedTent

Banned
Oct 31, 2011
8,200
182
0
We had a rocky beginning. Her sister, less than two years older, was so sick I had to neglect her just to keep her sister alive. She told me once that she couldn’t remember when she first knew she could depend on no one, she must take care of herself.

Still we drew very close after she grew up. We backpacked together, we took on big projects together like redoing the plumbing in her old house, or wiring a new house. Then I grew old.

It came on slowly. I couldn’t manage my heavy backpack across a swift stream, she had to help. I taught her the computer, and within weeks she was the leader, teaching me. She built me a new kitchen, I was to be her helper, but it fast became a time to scold me for not supporting her work well, and then my body broke down from it all and she was stretched to her limit. I was confined to my bed to get well, and lost more strength and became older.

Our projects we had so enjoyed doing together weren’t fun anymore, they only showed my inability to keep up.

Then our interests changed. Her interests centered on keeping up with new demands her life made on her. My interests went to studies rather than doing. She said I didn’t understand her problems, and she also said I was never to speak to her of my interests, as she didn’t share them. Time together became my listening, without being able to speak.

Then I couldn’t walk nearly as fast as she did. I went almost blind, I needed help to find my way in strange places. She didn’t have time for such inefficiency. As she moved about efficiently, my body became cumbersome and to her, always seemed to be in her way holding her back. She found only irritation in me. I found her irritation heart breaking, and needed to be away from it.

So, for me, I have a daughter still I dearly love, but I lost a friend I shared everything with.

At the beginning of life, mothers are the leaders, the ones who need to do the giving. At the end of life, daughters are put in the mother position, it is hard for them. For mother's, too.

 
I cannot find the words to express my sadness for this situation in your life. I had a similar relationship with my mother but the roles were reversed - I was the one who wanted her friendship. Yahweh has seen fit to bless me with an incredible daughter with whom I have a relationship most would envy. I will continue to speak to Adonai about this as I pray and hope your daughter heeds His prodding to see her sin and reconcile with you.
MayADONAI bless you and keep you. May ADONAI make his face shine on you and showyou his favor. May ADONAI lift uphis face toward you and give you peace.
 
This is such a sad story, for both of you. What happened to the older sister? Are you both born again believers? I will be praying for the both of you.
 
"So, for me, I have a daughter still I dearly love, but I lost a friend I shared everything with. "

Tent! Am I allowed to say I understand you more than I say?

My mom is having too many problems, both spirituals and physical. Now I´m playing that role I´ll be played soon, when I get older... (Believe me, I know what you´ve said).

One of my rlatives was rich. She couldn´t get a baby, so she adopted one and, several decades passed and that man left her alone, too fat to handle her weight and her sight. That "son" she had stole all she had in her bank account and, her mom (my grandmom´s sister) used her house as an hotel to get some money to live...

As soon as she die, that man sold it to buy himself some stuff... I know more sad stories like that...

The important thing: Never stop telling her YOU LOVE HER.

I love my children and, each time I have the chance, I tell (and show) how much I love them.

Be strong! Your LOVE deserves it.
 
Thanks for sharing that. Jesus loves you, I can feel it from here. I can see how your trials have turned to gold. Not only for you, but for we who you have shared yourself with. Thanks so much for being a blessing.
 
oh my, Father has just led me to this place at this forum and
I have already been blessed no only by heartfelt talked about
real feelings, I like oyster, feel the passion and love.

GB