The Devil vs John DeLorean

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Many of us were too young to remember the John Delorean case so I''ll try and briefly explain as I remember: John was an entrepenur, car maker his company was in deep financial trouble and he risked loosing everything. Some FBI Agents concoted a plan; a sting operation was set into motion in which the FBI posing as drug dealers tempted John with a large amount of cocaine to smuggle abroad. He fell for it and was promptly arrested for drug trafficing at the airport. The FBI tempted, trapped and accused him, isn't that how the devil works? Were the agents guilty of a crime? John was exonerated due to entrapment. What would happen to us under similar circumstances with God as our Judge?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
How about not agreeing to commit a felony.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
besides the purpose of my post wasn't about law enforcement, it was about trickery and accusations. Have you never heard satan the accuser? Or the trickster?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ah the DeLorean cars... I remember those. "Back to the Future" tried to make them popular, but a lot of them wouldn't start when they were delivered, and the floor mats bled dye on the drivers' shoes.

callbob here's a tip. If you want to start a theological discussion, starting with the example is usually a mistake. People will latch on to the example and discuss that instead of the issue you are trying to talk about.

Next time present your topic first. If you want to talk about the devil trapping people for example, make the thread title "Devil's entrapment" or something. In the first post talk about the main point of the thread, explain exactly what you are talking about... THEN start using illustrations like John DeLorean and the FBI.

Of course you are free to do whatever you want. I am only making a suggestion how I think you could get better results next time. But in my experience this is the best way to get the discussion to go where you are trying to make it go.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Ah the DeLorean cars... I remember those. "Back to the Future" tried to make them popular, but a lot of them wouldn't start when they were delivered, and the floor mats bled dye on the drivers' shoes.

callbob here's a tip. If you want to start a theological discussion, starting with the example is usually a mistake. People will latch on to the example and discuss that instead of the issue you are trying to talk about.

Next time present your topic first. If you want to talk about the devil trapping people for example, make the thread title "Devil's entrapment" or something. In the first post talk about the main point of the thread, explain exactly what you are talking about... THEN start using illustrations like John DeLorean and the FBI.

Of course you are free to do whatever you want. I am only making a suggestion how I think you could get better results next time. But in my experience this is the best way to get the discussion to go where you are trying to make it go.
OK., point well taken. I live inn a motorized single wide in tornado alley and my camera dosn't work and I barely walk. I joined here to have someone to chat with. That's actually my thought process running its course because I think faster than i can type and no matter what i plan to type to type it comes out different.

i guess i should finish the paper then pick a subject/title after i finish. or change the subject matter into something more senseable. if i proof read and re-rote every thing i write. i would never finish. thank you.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
How about not agreeing to commit a felony.
i guess the point i was trying to make was tricking people into comiting sin isn't gods way of punishing sinners; the devil will do this and more. 'Cause after he tricks us he persecutes before God he [the devil] is the accuser. I just tried to bring it down from a lofty imagination to real world event that many over 40 can remember, don't expect cops to act like God. That would be a redicluos expectation.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Many of us were too young to remember the John Delorean case so I''ll try and briefly explain as I remember: John was an entrepenur, car maker his company was in deep financial trouble and he risked loosing everything. Some FBI Agents concoted a plan; a sting operation was set into motion in which the FBI posing as drug dealers tempted John with a large amount of cocaine to smuggle abroad. He fell for it and was promptly arrested for drug trafficing at the airport. The FBI tempted, trapped and accused him, isn't that how the devil works? Were the agents guilty of a crime? John was exonerated due to entrapment. What would happen to us under similar circumstances with God as our Judge?
I didn't know that but his car lives on in the Back to the Future movies!

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
I would be found not guilty due to grace through faith in Christ.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I see your point Calibob, the adversary entices us to sin, as he did Eve in the garden, Eve then committed the sin.
Governments and people who have given themselves over
to this temporal, worldly thinking and action often do the same.
I am currently placed in a situation of helping a hurting person who needs assistance, in his over 60 years of contact with law enforcement he has never been treated, only counseled and incarcerated. It was only after I took him to appointments that he is now being treated for what appears to be an inherited condition his mother also endured.
Many who work in law enforcement or any temporal, earthly job with authority over others, make their job their god. Authority for Christ and a Christian is based on serving others, not ourselves by Lording authority over others.

Our founding fathers were very clear that we need to be on guard when the government agents seek to make criminals out of honest citizens. That is what happened to John DeLorean, and many others.

J

jaybird88

what kind of person makes a thread on Delorean? maybe great minds think alike . . .

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
It was an awful car.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Yeah, but the frame was made of fiberglass that easily got water incursion that caused it to fall apart. It handled like crap, the engine was trash, and try correcting body damage on a stainless steel car that isn't painted to begin with. That's why many ended up painted.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
interesting. looks like it didn't take the world by storm.