The Divine Equation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
polarity is directionality

- → +

the truth points somewhere. to Jesus of Nazareth

Exactly....you NEED Jesus to bring these together...and the togetherness reveals who Jesus is. People who argue one position against the other have only themselves and a very human understanding...but are stumbling over Jesus...missing Him entirely.

Nov 12, 2015
EG,

He was asking if "you reap what you sow" sounds a bit like karma.

You said it was worrisome to you that a man would say it IS karma.

He did not say it IS karma. In fact, he made no statement at all. He asked a question.

He asked a question.
You said he made a statement.

Is "a man reaps what he sows" a biblical concept?
Is "what goes around comes around" a thought surrounding the idea of karma?

Nov 12, 2015
A christian is supposed to love others first, even their enemy, So option 2 should never be an option for a christian, A christian depends on God to take care of their needs, if they place their needs above others, they are in sin.
Love others as you love yourself does not say who you must love first. It just says love others as much/as if they were you.
Maybe my mind works differently than yours.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
All the polarities reveal Christ who is both fully God AND fully man.

The divine equation reveals Christ. Jesus is both Creator AND Created.

Many people think they understand this...but deny the reality of it...just read many of the posts on this thread..

The world stumbles over Jesus Christ. And there are 2 ways to do this...

Muslims Jews and certain sects deny the divinity of Jesus.

Many Christians ...while not outright denying the humanity of Jesus...do so by denying the power available to the follower of Christ. So in effect they claim that they could never walk like Jesus "because He is God"...which is simply to deny that we are called to do the same works (and even greater) that He did while He walked in the same "limitations" thingsas we do today.

With Christ ALL things are possible

We have this treasure in earthen vessels

E

eternally-gratefull

EG,

He was asking if "you reap what you sow" sounds a bit like karma.

You said it was worrisome to you that a man would say it IS karma.

He did not say it IS karma. In fact, he made no statement at all. He asked a question.

He asked a question.
You said he made a statement.

Is "a man reaps what he sows" a biblical concept?
Is "what goes around comes around" a thought surrounding the idea of karma?
I will admit, I made a mistake their by misreading him. I thought (incorrectly) he said they were alike. My bad

But all my other concerns appear to be valid, just look at the not by works thread ;)

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
Another divine equation is the duality of Christ in us....and we in Christ.

We bear fruit only as both are accomplished. The Lord does the first as a free gift...a surprise really...a calling and a potential to know the Lord.

The other costs us everything to have.

It is like going to a store to try out a perfume sample. The sample is real and it is free! But the price of the bottle...if we wish to fully have the perfume....is ALL we have. Very very few people are willing to give all to have Christ. Many many people love the free stuff. They want the free sample....but NOT the expensive product.

So most Christians stay on one side of the equation while arguing that there is no other side. They will say that they already fully abide in Christ...they will say they are already fully crucified. But they remain sinners and now...liars because they have not understood the truth. And they will be very stubborn in the denial of the truth! :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Love others as you love yourself does not say who you must love first. It just says love others as much/as if they were you.
Maybe my mind works differently than yours.

When you serve self. you are putting self above others. It is also called the flesh (self seeking)

E

eternally-gratefull

Another divine equation is the duality of Christ in us....and we in Christ.

We bear fruit only as both are accomplished. The Lord does the first as a free gift...a surprise really...a calling and a potential to know the Lord.

The other costs us everything to have.

It is like going to a store to try out a perfume sample. The sample is real and it is free! But the price of the bottle...if we wish to fully have the perfume....is ALL we have. Very very few people are willing to give all to have Christ. Many many people love the free stuff. They want the free sample....but NOT the expensive product.

So most Christians stay on one side of the equation while arguing that there is no other side. They will say that they already fully abide in Christ...they will say they are already fully crucified. But they remain sinners and now...liars because they have not understood the truth. And they will be very stubborn in the denial of the truth! :)
come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Work is not work to a believer trusting in God. work is only laborous and hard when we are trying to do it of our own power and in order to receive gain from it.

Sep 4, 2012
Exactly....you NEED Jesus to bring these together...and the togetherness reveals who Jesus is. People who argue one position against the other have only themselves and a very human understanding...but are stumbling over Jesus...missing Him entirely.
Jesus is found in scripture by subsuming types and shadows to reality. First the natural, then the spiritual. Works every time.

Nov 12, 2015
When you serve self. you are putting self above others. It is also called the flesh (self seeking)
When I make dinner, I make it for both myself and my mother. I am not making it more for me and less for her. I am caring for my own stomach AT THE SAME TIME as I am caring for her stomach.

I'm not sure why the concept of two statements in the bible appearing to be contradictory must then be made where one is true and one is a lie. BOTH are true and until you have both, you don't have full understanding.

It's not an insanely hard concept to grasp that it would have to go into pages of argument...

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
To all the superficial readers out there...

Try reading for the purpose of understanding what I'm really saying rather than reading to answer with silly responses and bible verses you have not understood. Try engaging the subject instead of reacting to it. If you only can digest milk...then stay away from the meat being offered here..otherwise you will be choking on what you aren't ready to hear.
Much appreciated.

Sep 4, 2012
To all the superficial readers out there...

Try reading for the purpose of understanding what I'm really saying rather than reading to answer with silly responses and bible verses you have not understood. Try engaging the subject instead of reacting to it. If you only can digest milk...then stay away from the meat being offered here..otherwise you will be choking on what you aren't ready to hear.
Much appreciated.
It would be much appreciated if you would lose the "I know and you don't" tone and get to the point. GOD's teachers speak with great plainness. Others try to hide what they are really saying with many clever and carefully chosen words. GOD's way is not estoteric.

Nov 12, 2015
I think the man was very patient with a lot of argument for the sake of argument from some.
You have to admit, it got a bit silly! :confused:

E

eternally-gratefull

When I make dinner, I make it for both myself and my mother. I am not making it more for me and less for her. I am caring for my own stomach AT THE SAME TIME as I am caring for her stomach.

I'm not sure why the concept of two statements in the bible appearing to be contradictory must then be made where one is true and one is a lie. BOTH are true and until you have both, you don't have full understanding.

It's not an insanely hard concept to grasp that it would have to go into pages of argument...
This is why people do not understand what sin is

we are not talking about you fixing dinner, We are talking about you putting your needs above the needs of others.

Serving self is what God adam and eve in trouble to begin with. when they decided instead of allowing God to serve them, they would serve themselves

God never called us to agape ourselves. He told us to agape those he puts in our lives.

Nov 12, 2015
Actually, what we are talking about is this:
"The soul that sins it shall die!". Now, is that true?

"And...the gift of God (apart from what you have done) is life in Christ Jesus". Is that true?

So which one is more true than the other?

Nov 12, 2015
This is why people do not understand what sin is

we are not talking about you fixing dinner, We are talking about you putting your needs above the needs of others.

Serving self is what God adam and eve in trouble to begin with. when they decided instead of allowing God to serve them, they would serve themselves

God never called us to agape ourselves. He told us to agape those he puts in our lives.
love others as you love yourself includes care for youself. It's silly to argue that it doesnt.

Feb 28, 2016
unless we can recognize His Love inside of ourselves first,
then we have nothing to give others...