The doctrine of election and reprobation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

It is obvious you have not read 1 Cor 5.
1 cor 5 says sin defiles a church and should be disciplined, it does not say we should declair them not saved.

And its obvious you do not know me at all, so would suggest you stop being so judgmental

E

eternally-gratefull

Brother we've agreed on a lot here through the years. So I dont want to come at you as if I am attacking you. I hope you understand that.I respect you as my brother in the Lord.

Now,there is a difference between failing and committing a sin,like losing your temper,and turning your back on God and living in sin. Scriptures I shared have proven that you can walk away from God's grace.
If you think we can lose salvation because of a particular sin, then there are some issues which need to be discussed

MarkWilliams

Jun 13, 2018
King David said, at various times, things like: do not take Your Spirit from me.
He also killed a man in a sneaky way in order to have his wife.

The other thing we need to remember is that committing adultery can happen in the heart and mind without anything outward even being done. It's what comes from a mans heart that defiles him - even if no human sees any outward thing to accuse him of. And if the man has inward sin, but is convinced he doesn't, his blindness is very deep.

And this isn't to argue. This is just things to consider. :)
I believe King David repented after he committed those terrible sins, and there's no record that he ever committed any serious sins after those things. He wasn't a saved man at the time of those offences, he spent the rest of his life being a humble servant who regretted his sins deeply.

MarkWilliams

Jun 13, 2018
No,he has not repented. He is seeking a divorce from his wife while living with his lover. He will marry her as soon as the divorce is final.They have been married close to 30yrs.
Didn't Jesus say that we can only divorce if our partner dies or commitments adultery. And if a man leaves his wife for any other reason, then he and the other person he goes with both commit adultery in their relationship.

I just can't see how someone can continue to abide in the Holy Spirit whilst blatantly and deliberately committing adultery every day. I would think that is a sure sign of a false profession of faith. What about 'he who endures to the end will be saved".