THE DOCTRINE OF ONE GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 23, 2017
sekkluuud mon....... another one denying the deity of Christ???????? looks like the heresy-hunting season has begun early this year u see.

Oct 26, 2016
Genesis 2:7
We were told God the creator breath into Adam the breath of life.

John1:3 told us in Jesus was life. The question is, which life? That same life God the creator breath into Adam in the beginning.

How is it possible that God the creator will breath into Adam the life which is in Christ Jesus if the Lord Jesus is not the creator Himself.

'Christ the knowledge and power of God. '
If this statement is true as was said, it is very impossible for God to be God when His knowledge and power is vested on another person.

The Holy Spirit happens to be the mind of God.1corinthians 2:11
It was said the things of God knoweth no man but the Spirit of God. It takes the spirit of God to know the mind of God.

The Holy Spirit is the mind of God and God cannot be God without a mind. My question is, can there be any God without a wisdom and power and a functioning mind?

This made me thinking, For our God to be qualified as God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit MUST be part of Him.

Then I opened to the book of Genesis 1:1-2 and I discovered how Jesus and the Holy Spirit are actively involved in the creation.

When the earth was without form and waste the Spirit of God was brooding over the surface of the waters.

The creator created an earth that does not favour His purpose and for the desired changes to be made, His Spirit related with the waters.

What the book of Genesis was trying to make us understand is this, God's mind was thinking about the best solution to put more form to the waste and empty earth which He had created.

After much thought, His Spirit related with the waters which is Jesus the person used to put everything in place. John7:37 Revelation 22:1and17

2Peter3:5
It was said the world was formed out of waters and by the means of waters. Apostle Peter made us to understand that it was by the means of waters our world was formed and John in the his book in John1:1-2 made us to understand that it wasn't the means of the word everything was formed,

Since it is very impossible for the Bible to contradict itself, we should all know the water there means the same as the word of God.

Nov 26, 2012
I know this might ruffle some feathers and challenge my claim to be a Christian as some here may define themselves as Christians. Who claims that the Bible in its entirety is 100% accurate? There is the Word(s) of God, written, translated and explained by men. Even what it clearly states is explained different than what is written. The reason that there is conflict is because most people have accepted a false explanation. Instead of trying to sift through the debates here, which are just people expressing what they believe, not always what is true, put down the books and ask God Himself. In order to hear God you need to be guilt free and possess a love and dedication for Him and all of His Creation. Accept that you are a small brushstroke in a very large painting. We need to surrender to His will and ignore the programming downloaded into our brains from everyone else. We are all marionettes. We can choose our puppeteer. When you choose to surrender your life and will into the hands of the Heavenly Father, He explains it all to you. Too many people are tangled up in their own strings. Surrender and learn.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2017
I know this might ruffle some feathers and challenge my claim to be a Christian as some here may define themselves as Christians. Who claims that the Bible in its entirety is 100% accurate? There is the Word(s) of God, written, translated and explained by men. Even what it clearly states is explained different than what is written. The reason that there is conflict is because most people have accepted a false explanation. Instead of trying to sift through the debates here, which are just people expressing what they believe, not always what is true, put down the books and ask God Himself. In order to hear God you need to be guilt free and possess a love and dedication for Him and all of His Creation. Accept that you are a small brushstroke in a very large painting. We need to surrender to His will and ignore the programming downloaded into our brains from everyone else. We are all marionettes. We can choose our puppeteer. When you choose to surrender your life and will into the hands of the Heavenly Father, He explains it all to you. Too many people are tangled up in their own strings. Surrender and learn.
and this is how strange doctrines come about u see........ some renegade spiritual mavericks get special revelation while the rest of us unspiritual dolts are just reading the bible.

Nov 26, 2012
and this is how strange doctrines come about u see........ some renegade spiritual mavericks get special revelation while the rest of us unspiritual dolts are just reading the bible.
Reading is fantastic but the Words of God are spiritually discerned. I love reading the Bible. Once God explains what it means it is even more wonderful. Most people are trying to put the puzzle together without ever seeing the whole picture. Once He shows you the picture you can see how the pieces fit.

Oct 26, 2016
Those who teaches the doctrine of one God and Jesus Christ being God almighty finds it very difficult to support their claims with enough scriptural verses from the Bible.

Though there are scriptural verses to support their claims but I do not think that would be enough to convince those who believed in the Trinity.

They believe Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are thesame God almighty. They believed thesame God manifested as son and as the Holy Spirit.

They are faced with the hard task of fusing three personality as one and how to make it look good for the people to subscribe to this idea.

Both in the old and new testament it was widely proclaim that our God is one God James2:19 Gen. 5:1 Deut. 6:4 isaiah45:5 1cor. 8:4 mark12:29 1timothy 2:5.

They needed more than all these scriptural verses to convince the tranitarian believers because they also has more solid scriptural verses to support their beliefs.

Because I believe the Bible, I do believe our God is one God. Because I believe the Bible I also believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. But the truth of the matter still remains, it is wrong for me to believe the two? That Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are the same God Jehovah and again believe Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are God but not equal with Jehovah heirachically.

The living bible has told us Jesus is God's son and also said our God is one God. How best can we interpret this?
it is a known truth that the Bible can't contradict itself. God is no t the author of confusion.

For the Holy Bible to make us understand that God is one God and that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are also one God being together though they are separate personalities on their individual self. What we need to know is there is more to explain

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
balderdash

noun

Definition of balderdash for English Language Learners

• : foolish words or ideas

Those who teaches the doctrine of one God and Jesus Christ being God almighty finds it very difficult to support their claims with enough scriptural verses from the Bible.

Though there are scriptural verses to support their claims but I do not think that would be enough to convince those who believed in the Trinity.

They believe Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are thesame God almighty. They believed thesame God manifested as son and as the Holy Spirit.

They are faced with the hard task of fusing three personality as one and how to make it look good for the people to subscribe to this idea.

Both in the old and new testament it was widely proclaim that our God is one God James2:19 Gen. 5:1 Deut. 6:4 isaiah45:5 1cor. 8:4 mark12:29 1timothy 2:5.

They needed more than all these scriptural verses to convince the tranitarian believers because they also has more solid scriptural verses to support their beliefs.

Because I believe the Bible, I do believe our God is one God. Because I believe the Bible I also believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. But the truth of the matter still remains, it is wrong for me to believe the two? That Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are the same God Jehovah and again believe Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are God but not equal with Jehovah heirachically.

The living bible has told us Jesus is God's son and also said our God is one God. How best can we interpret this?