The effect of daily Bible study

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
I have found it has to be me and the Bible alone together. All distractions removed, the babble of the world is irrelevant. In my case it is the King James Bible. By reading daily, studying short sections and thinking about the meaning, researching as needed, I am finding good results and peace. It is strengthening deep inside.

The Bible really is God speaking to us, everything is there. It is a treasure trove to be opened. I feel good changes coming over me and that God draws near when you draw near to Him. I pray for clarity and understanding before I read and am blown away afresh by the power of the words. So I am working slowly through the Gospels.

I do not feel any necessity to memorise anything, just read at my own pace with an open mind and my need to understand. No pressure.
If I get stuck, I come to this group and ask the question. Other opinions are valuable.

How do you conduct your Bible study and are you happy with it?

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
I read 1 chapter a day and just go little by little and consistently. That has been the best for me.

I haven't started memorizing yet, but would like to have some cards to memorize as well.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
I read 1 chapter a day and just go little by little and consistently. That has been the best for me.

I haven't started memorizing yet, but would like to have some cards to memorize as well.
I never try to memorise. I see no reason to. Just focus on understanding.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
I never try to memorise. I see no reason to. Just focus on understanding.
I think it's important to memorize it, but involves rote memory which is hard for me.

All of the verses are advice for life. So it's helpful to think of a verse when going through something. Or when sharing the gospel.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
I think it's important to memorize it, but involves rote memory which is hard for me.

All of the verses are advice for life. So it's helpful to think of a verse when going through something. Or when sharing the gospel.
Yes I understand.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I have found it has to be me and the Bible alone together. All distractions removed, the babble of the world is irrelevant. In my case it is the King James Bible. By reading daily, studying short sections and thinking about the meaning, researching as needed, I am finding good results and peace. It is strengthening deep inside.

The Bible really is God speaking to us, everything is there. It is a treasure trove to be opened. I feel good changes coming over me and that God draws near when you draw near to Him. I pray for clarity and understanding before I read and am blown away afresh by the power of the words. So I am working slowly through the Gospels.

I do not feel any necessity to memorise anything, just read at my own pace with an open mind and my need to understand. No pressure.
If I get stuck, I come to this group and ask the question. Other opinions are valuable.

How do you conduct your Bible study and are you happy with it?
My routine can change from year to year.
I try to get in so many chapters and like to start and end my day with the KJV as you do.

Sometimes I spend more time studying or following along while listening to a good sermon. I find memorizing helpful, but require more review than I did as a kid, to have good recall. Not only is it good for the spirit, but the soul and brain gets a good workout to strengthen them too.

vossillu

Mar 14, 2024
I haven't found a method yet. I read all of revelations, psalms, Proverbs, and a few others. I do Bible plans on various topics everyday. Some say you should start reading the book of John first. I've studied that one so much lately and even watched the Life of Jesus TV show. I'm not really sure where to start, but I'd love to read the whole thing. One Bible plan is to read in chronological order, others start from Genesis. I am kind of overwhelmed about where to start. I've kind of just been skipping around and studying whatever interests me or is relevant to my situation aside from what I have been learning in church.