The 'ELECT' vs 'Free-Choice'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2023
that would be disappointing if I did not already know that you have the gift of avoidance

let me guess.....you did not read the article and prob have no intention of it

perhaps do not unpack anymore of your one liner questions in my direction as I actually might take them seriously and waste my time
yep say the one who won't acknowledge a genuine question

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
That's up to God

Who's choice is this

I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me and I in Him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, for without Me ye can do nothing.
God the Father. Who places the individual in the vine. You are placed in Christ and this before the foundation of the world.
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blemish before him in love:

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
Firstly the scriptures read . John 15:16(KJV) Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you..
So its clear the believer didnt find Jesus but rather Jesus found the believer .
God divides children according to scriptures obedient and disobedient . obedient are children of God , disobedient children their father the devil .Ephesians 2:2(KJV) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

The covenant ,Abraham believed God and was obedient so God counted it righteousness . Genesis 15:6(KJV) And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
God the Father. Who places the individual in the vine. You are placed in Christ and this before the foundation of the world.
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blemish before him in love:
I believe it reads Jesus was the one Chosen before the world to be how those who are saved become saved.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
@Niki7 I like succinct better than off-topic ramblings.
that's not a virtue but interesting that you cannot give time to an honest answer and come back with an insult

just here for the fun then are we? rhetorical question prob gonna engender a smart answer that is actually not so smart

the clock is ticking and even a broken clock is right twice a day. while it is daylight savings time, not sure the extra light helps

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Firstly the scriptures read . John 15:16(KJV) Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you..
So its clear the believer didnt find Jesus but rather Jesus found the believer .
God divides children according to scriptures obedient and disobedient . obedient are children of God , disobedient children their father the devil .Ephesians 2:2(KJV) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

The covenant ,Abraham believed God and was obedient so God counted it righteousness . Genesis 15:6(KJV) And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Jesus is speaking to His Disciples in John 15.

Dec 18, 2023
They will give account on the choices they made in free will
free will is a dictionary quote who helps them to choose

Who gave them the choice here

And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,

Who gave them a choice here

You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

So the choice they made where on the bases of what choices where given to them

Is it sinking in now 🙂

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
No.... It reads exactly as I copied it.
Only to you and the Reformed. But Jesus [the WORD] was the only one who existed before the world was created. And He was chosen to be Savior at that time.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Well..... I see that maybe you don't deserve the respect I was giving you.

You talk about people not listening and just want to teach... maybe you should go back and read your post to me again. A lot of talk and not much listening.

Quote: "Feel free to start your own advice column thread and you can run it like gopher town..."

oh sorry did you say something?

all I hear is whaaaaa I need attention

awelight

Aug 10, 2020

And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,

So the choice the made where on the bases of what choices where given to them

Is it sinking in now 🙂
You can't use Adam in this example you are trying to make. He had free agency because he had not fallen yet and therefore mankind has not fallen yet.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024

So the choice the made where on the bases of what choices where given to them

Is it sinking in now 🙂
You're all over the place and can't even keep to one topic subject.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
@2ndTimeIsTheCharm
Do you see that God chose Paul in Acts 9:10-16?

You added the last part after I posted, so I'll reply now.

Acts 9:10 In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”

“Yes, Lord,” he answered.

11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. 14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

This doesn't show that Paull didn't have a choice. God chose Paul because Paul was willing, and God knew to the degree that Paul was willing to go for Him - enough to suffer very much for Him, even execution.

Remember that you are post-trib. We both know that many will fall away from God and that if we remain loyal that we could very likely be persecuted by the world and executed by the antichrist's authority. But hadn't you already made up your mind that you wouldn't want to be one of the apostate and instead choose to suffer and/or die for God rather than succumb to the antichrist and his mark of the beast?

We have the free will and we choose to follow and serve God. We are therefore also the elect (just not a fancy calling).

🥧