Thus you ignore my point was back then. They needed things to memorize
and be able to repeat it as needed to bring others to Christ. Then not now!!
I myself used to worship Mary, I was a Baptized , confessed, Confirmed catholic once but I've repented. And a new life began.
The creeds have been perverted to a chant. People just repeat them often mindlessly. Do you have any clue how many prayers I've mindlessly recited in 11 years of Catechism and Catholic school before I learned how to pray to a God that hears me for real?
I don't discount the teachings, wisdom of the old testament but turn them over to the sermon on the mount. The law was our curse and Satan our accuser and Jesus paid our price in his blood. The law can still be a trap and lucifer is still our accuser DON'T GET IT TWISTED, It's not over.
Yet you still cannot properly edit a post, and constantly complain about the five minute rule![]()
You've got it all mixed up. Believing most of the elements of the Apostles creed is essential to salvation I agree, once you remove the name of the church from it.. Didn't I read sometime back that you used to follow the teachings to Dr. Walter Martin? He was my Sunday school teacher in the 80's.
Did you miss the part in kingdom of cults about vain repetition and chanting? Of course I know the apostles creed by heart backwards and forwards and it was required by my employer to be recited once and signed. It was a loophole to prevent us from being forced to testify against the church in court. That was not the church I favored attending as I worked for a large television ministry but attended Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa at the time.
They simply replaced the word Catholic with Apostolic in the creed. And I sinned and swore an oath, to get a job. Even though I knew better. I feel I owe no allegiance to any church my allegiance is to Jesus alone. We do not have A Calvary Chapel in this part of the land so by default I align with the Salvation Army Corps. But attend a Methodist church for praise and worship and yet will not become a member. I belong to Jesus not a church and I will not lie and say I do.
Being able to recite an oath that someone we've never met wrote is not a sign of a circumcised heart. I feel reciting words are nearly meaningless to people that don't comprehend them. I've heard atheists' and Muslim's recite the lords or the serenity prayer without meaning a word of it. Without comprehension, words are meaning less confessing with our mouths is not enough, Believing in our hearts is the clause. I'm sure the Lord has a special place in his heart for the learning impaired as they are child like. I believe I was saved by grace. Not faith or works however that belief in saving grace accounts for my faith and after I received the love of the holy spirit it gave me a compassionate and forgiving heart. I want to help others and I'd rather talk and share about love and grace than works and laws. BECAUSE WORKS, & LAWS ARE THE DEVILS TRAPS. The only good works that can save us have already been done, on the cross. That's the most important works and by law the sin debt has been paid in blood. Love god with all heart, mind and soul and love our neighbor as we do ourselves Are our new commandments. In John the first command Jesus gave us is to love one another. Not the establishment!
I pray for that but am afraid God has already condemned the USA by sending the eclipses. That has been historically the writing on the wall for the country. Previously only 1 eclipse did the condemnation but the US is getting 2.I remember this started because I felt the USA was being wrongly glorified almost as it were holy or something their may be 2 million full gospel believing Christians left but that's only 2/3% of the population of 300 million...We are but a small remnant. I'm sorry I let you get my goat. I have been quiet too long.
This nation needs deliverance and revival not the usual rhetoric.
http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/banned.htm
Bible Possession Once Banned by the Catholic Church!
And you pervert the history of the church. Talk about a cheap stuffed animal!!HAHAHAH do not even have to know who you are talking about....only one peddles the creed like a carnival employee pushing the three bottle game for a cheap stuffed animal.....
We started out as Christian colonies and then became a Christian country. The vast majority back then was Christian. Starting in the 1880s secularization started taking place. Gary Norths book documented this with the Presbyterian USA being secular in 1932. That's when they defrocked Rev. Mechan to remove the last Christian from a pot of money. In this case it was mission funds. Today the US has turned its back on God. Only a small fraction of the people are Christians. Thus the condemnation.Why is the US so special to receive God's condemnation?
Is the US the new Israel?
We started out as Christian colonies and then became a Christian country. The vast majority back then was Christian. Starting in the 1880s secularization started taking place. Gary Norths book documented this with the Presbyterian USA being secular in 1932. That's when they defrocked Rev. Mechan to remove the last Christian from a pot of money. In this case it was mission funds. Today the US has turned its back on God. Only a small fraction of the people are Christians. Thus the condemnation.
Gary North just documented the secular takeover of Presbyterian USA. In point of fact it was proved when on minister in the denomination publicly stated he didn't believe in the Jesus of the Bible. He wasn't defrocked, taken before a board of inquiry or even asked to explain it. Nothing happened to him for that statement. He was allowed to continue being a minister.Christ Jesus did not enter the world stage to set up a theocracy. Gary North is a Christian Re-constructionist and has a flawed understanding of the New Covenant and the role of Christianity in a fallen world.
The US, as a nation, never had a special relationship with God.
Amen. Many Christians came here seeking religious asylum from the kings of Europe. But many just came as predators or opportunists'. There has been no time since 1543 when Cabrillo landed in California that the Continental USA has been without RCC influence.
Gary North just documented the secular takeover of Presbyterian USA. In point of fact it was proved when on minister in the denomination publicly stated he didn't believe in the Jesus of the Bible. He wasn't defrocked, taken before a board of inquiry or even asked to explain it. Nothing happened to him for that statement. He was allowed to continue being a minister.
You are aware of the fact these things have been going on for centuries, correct?Gary North just documented the secular takeover of Presbyterian USA. In point of fact it was proved when on minister in the denomination publicly stated he didn't believe in the Jesus of the Bible. He wasn't defrocked, taken before a board of inquiry or even asked to explain it. Nothing happened to him for that statement. He was allowed to continue being a minister.
And you pervert the history of the church.
Talk about a cheap stuffed animal!!
They were there in Florida as well wtha Cortez. They came up through Mexico too. Since the early explorers were Spanish and Portuguese they were Catholic.Amen. Many Christians came here seeking religious asylum from the kings of Europe. But many just came as predators or opportunists'. There has been no time since 1543 when Cabrillo landed in California that the Continental USA has been without RCC influence.
Incorrect. They started in the 1880s in the US. Previously atheists ignored the churches. Then in the 1880s some decided to get access to the church money by going to seminaries and becoming ministers. They were not believers but looked at it like a job with access to a pot of money. Documented in "Crossed Fingers" by Gary North. I have the book.You are aware of the fact these things have been going on for centuries, correct?
No, it's actually correct and you're incorrect. This has happened for centuries you just don't know church history. Your little book just doesn't have that information. But then again you just go on thoughtless rants when you respond. Oh well...that's who you are...the straw man maker.Incorrect. They started in the 1880s in the US. Previously atheists ignored the churches. Then in the 1880s some decided to get access to the church money by going to seminaries and becoming ministers. They were not believers but looked at it like a job with access to a pot of money. Documented in "Crossed Fingers" by Gary North. I have the book.
I wasn't sure if Cortez landed in Florida or Mexico but I'm from Cabrillo beach. About 3rd grade local history. I was only talking about continental USA not North America.They were there in Florida as well wtha Cortez. They came up through Mexico too. Since the early explorers were Spanish and Portuguese they were Catholic.