The End Times: Who is the Beast and the Antichrist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
“the question whether God is actually doing more in the book of Revelation”

what does this do in someone’s heart if they really believe it ?

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1-5‬ ‭

It creates real even visual hope of an eternal Home with Jesus right ? A perfect world where no one dies , No one is left out and no one is in pain

God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. “

see how this would give a bekieve Hope especially if they are struggling to find thier true home in this world ? Gods word has the effect of creating in our faith in o hopes and aspirations and dreams our true hope even beyond this world as we hear things it’s creating hope but true hope that will come to pass that’s one major thing he did and does with revelation it gives mortals who know they will die hope beyond death and persecution and trials and tribulations that we see the saints enduring in the narrative
That's encouraging, but most of that exists already for the believer. They just don't access it very well.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I’m reading in Rev. 17. A lot of the terms that have been mentioned in previous chapters are explained.
Chapter 17 is written in symbolism; notice the idioms, and yet, with the explanation, their meaning becomes clear:

And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast (Satan) that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

- Revelation 17:1,9-15 (KJV)

**The people, and nations of all languages of the earth are the "waters" upon which the Antichrist will sit. If “Mystery Babylon“ will rule the entire planet. (This is the one-world order)

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I’m reading in Rev. 17. A lot of the terms that have been mentioned in previous chapters are explained.
Chapter 17 is written in symbolism; notice the idioms, and yet, with the explanation, their meaning becomes clear:

And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast (Satan) that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

- Revelation 17:1,9-15 (KJV)

**The people, and nations of all languages of the earth are the "waters" upon which the Antichrist will sit. This is Mystery Babylon, and it will rule the entire planet. (This is the one-world order)

(made a correction in my last sentence)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
That's encouraging, but most of that exists already for the believer. They just don't access it very well.
Brother if we don’t hear the gospel forst we can’t believe any of it our faith begins and ends here

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

think about the structure of what he’s done and said there first he sends the gospel to be preached to every creature this means they will hear the gospel and then he says whoever believes is going to be saved but whoever doesn’t believe is going to be damned

do you see how the gospel has to first be preached in order for anyone to ever be a believer of it ? It isn’t already there we have to let Jesus speak it into our heart by the gospel and we have to accept it and not reject what he’s saying in order for it to form that faith in us it was one of Jesus maybe his most repetetive point to his disciples listen to my words and believe in me

because that’s how faith is formed in our hearts Jesus speaks it into a believers heart when we begin to allow his words into our heart .

The reason peter and the apostles believed the things they believed is because Jesus taught them and they believed him and then they preached it to everyone else later when they received the holy ghost but without a man hearing the gospel he cannot ever believe the gospel is the point

There is a structure to the design of faith he sent the gospel into all the world for all to hear and believe that comes first then faith is created when we believe

“For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?

and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:11-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we will do this

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

He will do this

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬

we have to hear what our God said first before we can believe it we can’t just access anything that isnt inside of us we have to hear and accept the gospel it’s like a seed that grows brother

Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart.

This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:18-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel is freely accessible to anyone it’s on the radio tv in books people preach it still ……it’s there in order that anyone who hears and believes the true gospel speaking by God will have everything he himself promises his diciples in the gospel who will believe in him forever he will never change always god is just who Jesus showed us and will give us everything Jesus told us but we have to be willing to accept what he’s saying sometimes it’s tough and requires change repentance d obedience even sometimes …..

we grow as we allow Jesus to become our teacher but faith just needs to hear the basics about the lord that’s in the gospel the rest is for growth as we abide and learn and grow up in the lord

the reason we have the Bible is so we can all freely inow the truth that God has actually given to man since the ancient times since even he created us it’s all true but if we don’t ever hear it we can’t ever believe it faith has an order Gods word is the vehicle for salvstion it always has been since he told Adam the truth about the fruit and he chose to listen to the other word

Gods word does Hope and faith and truth it bro gs change and repentance it works as a compass and northern star as we journey through this dark place we have light

We need to hear and then believe and then most importantly also share the things Jesus already preached and said to believe hardly anyone seems to ever talk about what Jesus says about salvation but that’s the truth of it all

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Brother if we don’t hear the gospel forst we can’t believe any of it our faith begins and ends here

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”

think about the structure of what he’s done and said there first he sends the gospel to be preached to every creature this means they will hear the gospel and then he says whoever believes is going to be saved but whoever doesn’t believe is going to be damned

do you see how the gospel has to first be preached in order for anyone to ever be a believer of it ? It isn’t already there we have to let Jesus speak it into our heart by the gospel and we have to accept it and not reject what he’s saying in order for it to form that faith in us it was one of Jesus maybe his most repetetive point to his disciples listen to my words and believe in me

because that’s how faith is formed in our hearts Jesus speaks it into a believers heart when we begin to allow his words into our heart .

The reason peter and the apostles believed the things they believed is because Jesus taught them and they believed him and then they preached it to everyone else later when they received the holy ghost but without a man hearing the gospel he cannot ever believe the gospel is the point

There is a structure to the design of faith he sent the gospel into all the world for all to hear and believe that comes first then faith is created when we believe

“For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?

and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:11-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we will do this

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

He will do this

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬

we have to hear what our God said first before we can believe it we can’t just access anything that isnt inside of us we have to hear and accept the gospel it’s like a seed that grows brother

Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart.

This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:18-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel is freely accessible to anyone it’s on the radio tv in books people preach it still ……it’s there in order that anyone who hears and believes the true gospel speaking by God will have everything he himself promises his diciples in the gospel who will believe in him forever he will never change always god is just who Jesus showed us and will give us everything Jesus told us but we have to be willing to accept what he’s saying sometimes it’s tough and requires change repentance d obedience even sometimes …..

we grow as we allow Jesus to become our teacher but faith just needs to hear the basics about the lord that’s in the gospel the rest is for growth as we abide and learn and grow up in the lord

the reason we have the Bible is so we can all freely inow the truth that God has actually given to man since the ancient times since even he created us it’s all true but if we don’t ever hear it we can’t ever believe it faith has an order Gods word is the vehicle for salvstion it always has been since he told Adam the truth about the fruit and he chose to listen to the other word

Gods word does Hope and faith and truth it bro gs change and repentance it works as a compass and northern star as we journey through this dark place we have light

We need to hear and then believe and then most importantly also share the things Jesus already preached and said to believe hardly anyone seems to ever talk about what Jesus says about salvation but that’s the truth of it all
I was actually referring to saved people.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I was actually referring to saved people.
What do you mean saved people ? Those people who heard and believed the gospel are the saved people brother we can’t be saved without that part that’s what saves us

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; ( salvation is here in the hearing and believing )

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”( damnation is in the not believing )

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

They aren’t saved until they hear and believe the gospel doesn’t have to be every word but the basics those who hear the gospel Jesus sent forth for salvstion and believe will be those who are saved it all uses together beother

Gods whole plan of salvstion relies on the gospel being spread throughout the world so people can hear it and either believe it or reject it that’s all I’m saying everything that’s real is based on what Jesus has to say first

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
What do you mean saved people ? Those people who heard and believed the gospel are the saved people brother we can’t be saved without that part that’s what saves us

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; ( salvation is here in the hearing and believing )

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”( damnation is in the not believing )

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

They aren’t saved until they hear and believe the gospel doesn’t have to be every word but the basics those who hear the gospel Jesus sent forth for salvstion and believe will be those who are saved it all uses together beother

Gods whole plan of salvstion relies on the gospel being spread throughout the world so people can hear it and either believe it or reject it that’s all I’m saying everything that’s real is based on what Jesus has to say first
Again, all true. But my response was that all you suggested concerning God's people is mostly available for them now in some measure. For example, we can tabernacle or commune with God now. We can walk in the Spirit and live free of sin now. Eternal life is available to us the moment we believe. We just understand how to access it. And, in my experience, most Christians rarely do. We live far below the experience that God has made available in Christ.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Again, all true. But my response was that all you suggested concerning God's people is mostly available for them now in some measure. For example, we can tabernacle or commune with God now. We can walk in the Spirit and live free of sin now. Eternal life is available to us the moment we believe. We just understand how to access it. And, in my experience, most Christians rarely do. We live far below the experience that God has made available in Christ.
yes brother I understand we can have a fellowship with him now but consider this

“For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly;

but then face to face:

now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:9-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

air maybe this is better

“Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

everything we see and know now has a purpose but because of the gospel we have another better hope after that’s forever

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7, 10, 13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Peter has heard about this promised land from Jesus and from the prophets beforehand he is living in this world for what Jesus promises to come next we can’t see it yet but we can hear about it and believe and let faith be created within our hearts .

of course yes I agree with we right now have received his spirit he is with us this way but also we’re still here brother is more what I’m talking about we live here still

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and as we read it’s end is this

the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

But Jesus speaks of something else in the gospel

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe yet in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This will happen

“The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭24:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

abut he’s made us a promise that hear his word and believe in him

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

What we can be now brother is always limited we’re all under a death sentance and live in a world where good decent people are victimized daily where innocents die in wars and terrible attacks like we saw recently evil is rampant on earth but look into the heavens

“And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. ( they all lived and died now are celebrating with him in the kingdom )Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them.

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:10-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I agree there a lot now we can be experiencing , but we’re simply not home yet we’re on a journey strangers and pilgrims passing through this world on our way home to our fathers better home waiting

I do hear you and agree , There’s more to come is all I’m saying this world can never compare to this promise that will be after the end of this wicked world . We now have a cup filled with good clean water , but in eternity it will be like we’re the small cup dropped into the ocean of pure water we only see a poor reflection like a mud puddle but in be day it’s all going to be our reality

i don’t know brother I reckon I’m just rambling at this point lol

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
yes brother I understand we can have a fellowship with him now but consider this

“For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly;

but then face to face:

now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:9-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

air maybe this is better

“Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

everything we see and know now has a purpose but because of the gospel we have another better hope after that’s forever

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7, 10, 13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Peter has heard about this promised land from Jesus and from the prophets beforehand he is living in this world for what Jesus promises to come next we can’t see it yet but we can hear about it and believe and let faith be created within our hearts .

of course yes I agree with we right now have received his spirit he is with us this way but also we’re still here brother is more what I’m talking about we live here still

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and as we read it’s end is this

the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

But Jesus speaks of something else in the gospel

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe yet in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This will happen

“The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭24:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

abut he’s made us a promise that hear his word and believe in him

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

What we can be now brother is always limited we’re all under a death sentance and live in a world where good decent people are victimized daily where innocents die in wars and terrible attacks like we saw recently evil is rampant on earth but look into the heavens

“And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. ( they all lived and died now are celebrating with him in the kingdom )Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them.

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:10-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I agree there a lot now we can be experiencing , but we’re simply not home yet we’re on a journey strangers and pilgrims passing through this world on our way home to our fathers better home waiting

I do hear you and agree , There’s more to come is all I’m saying this world can never compare to this promise that will be after the end of this wicked world . We now have a cup filled with good clean water , but in eternity it will be like we’re the small cup dropped into the ocean of pure water we only see a poor reflection like a mud puddle but in be day it’s all going to be our reality

i don’t know brother I reckon I’m just rambling at this point lol
Again I agree. But consider Enoch. He was so accustomed to walking with God and so much in His presence, it almost seems natural to just continue His walk with God in eternity.
I heard a pastor one time tell the story of Enoch walking so long with God one day that God turned to Enoch and said since we're closer to my home now than yours, how about you just come home with Me.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Contrary to your erroneous claim, I am not ignoring anything.

Revelation 17:1-9

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth."

Like it or not, the seven heads belong to the beast, and not to the woman. Like many others who apparently cannot read, you are conflating the woman with the beast that she sits upon.

The beast is Papal Rome, and the woman is Jerusalem.

if you understood anything about last days' Bible prophecy, then you would understand that the nation of Israel will enter into a last days agreement with the Vatican, and out of this agreement will come a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem, and in which the antichrist will one day sit while declaring to be God.

This is what is being depicted here by the woman (Jerusalem) sitting atop the beast (Papal Rome).
Can you explain the following verse?

Revelation 17:16
And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Contrary to your erroneous claim, I am not ignoring anything.

Revelation 17:1-9

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth."

Like it or not, the seven heads belong to the beast, and not to the woman. Like many others who apparently cannot read, you are conflating the woman with the beast that she sits upon.

The beast is Papal Rome, and the woman is Jerusalem.

if you understood anything about last days' Bible prophecy, then you would understand that the nation of Israel will enter into a last days agreement with the Vatican, and out of this agreement will come a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem, and in which the antichrist will one day sit while declaring to be God.

This is what is being depicted here by the woman (Jerusalem) sitting atop the beast (Papal Rome).
You need to account for the second beast if your proposing an interpretation of Revelation.

Revelation 13:11-17
Then I saw another beast (2nd beast) coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon. He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who live on it worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of the sky to the earth in the presence of people. And he deceives those who live on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who live on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life. And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause all who do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. And he causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, and he decrees that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Explain how the image of the first beast speaks?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018

And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire.

The beast and the harlot are on the same side, and are really just aspects of control employed by satan being religion (harlot) and government (beast). So, the beast does not attack Babylon but the ten horns are kings and when they realize they followed teh wrong god via the false religion of the harlot, they will symbolically attack Babylon. Babylon is not a literal city or literal woman...it's the false religion so attacking Babylon means they reject and rebel against the beliefs they had during the GT.

A better translation is here:

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

The horns ON the beast not the horns and the beast.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Rev. 16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Here’s my understanding:

So those who go along with this demonic one-world religious system will be hated by these 10 horns, or authorities, and these 10 horns will burn (deceive) everyone because God has granted permission for it to happen this way. I believe that this will be the time when the mark of the beast is taken by those who are deceived, with the exception of the elect. "Fire" in this context stands for deceit and falsehoods. Confusion makes up this symbolic city; it’s a way of thinking that unites all people's thoughts and minds worldwide into consenting to the idolatry and the political and theological establishment of the evil one-world global order.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Rev. 16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Here’s my understanding:

So those who go along with this demonic one-world religious system will be hated by these 10 horns, or authorities, and these 10 horns will burn (deceive) everyone because God has granted permission for it to happen this way. I believe that this will be the time when the mark of the beast is taken by those who are deceived, with the exception of the elect. "Fire" in this context stands for deceit and falsehoods. Confusion makes up this symbolic city; it’s a way of thinking that unites all people's thoughts and minds worldwide into consenting to the idolatry and the political and theological establishment of the evil one-world global order.
Or it could simply be Roman rulers who perseuted the Jewish people and Christians and used them as human torches.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
Where is your scriptural proof? :)
The one who foolishly and fearlessly posts heresy after heresy is asking somebody else for scriptural proof?

Now, I have seen everything.

You have not got a clue when it comes to end-times prophecy.

Somebody needs to tell you, so it might as well be me.

Here is your latest nonsensical statement, and I have overlooked numerous other ones before this:
"Fire" in this context stands for deceit and falsehoods.
No, your posts on this thread stand for deceit and falsehood, but this fire is literal.

Revelation chapter 18

[8] Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
[9] And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
[10] Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
[11] And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
[12] The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
[13] And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
[14] And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
[15] The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
[16] And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
[17] For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
[18] And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
[19] And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
[20] Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
[21] And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
[22] And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
[23] And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
[24] And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Not only is this a literal city, but it will be literally burnt with fire.

Of course, this literal city will also purchase the items from the merchants that are listed in verses 12 through 13 (all which pertain to a temple), and in it will be found the blood of prophets (vs. 24) whose blood God will avenge (vs. 20). Then there are all of the other descriptors of this "great city" (where the Lord was crucified, spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where Peter wrote his epistle from, etc., etc.), all of which you have conveniently overlooked as you have spread your nonsense here.

Babylon the Great is Jerusalem, and no fairy tale that you can ever come up with is going to change this reality.

You need a lot of help, and it will only be found on your knees repenting before the Lord.

Like I said, somebody had to tell you...otherwise Christ himself will tell you on the day of judgment.

You are butchering God's word, and that ought to make you fear and tremble.

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023

Yes, I easily can.

The beast is the antichrist and his kingdom as a beast in Bible prophecy is representative of a king (Daniel 7:17) and his kingdom (Daniel 7:23).

The ten horns are ten kings who will give their power unto the antichrist in the last days (Revelation 17:12-13), and the whore or woman is the "great city" which will be reigning over the earth at that time (Revelation 17:18) or Jerusalem.

In other words, the Jews will enter into a last days covenant with the antichrist, and out of that covenant will come a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. Eventually, the antichrist will turn against the Jews, with the assistance of the ten kings, and Jerusalem will be burnt with fire...even as it has been before in its past history.

I could elaborate even further by bringing in other pertinent scriptures, but this ought to suffice for now.

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023
You need to account for the second beast if your proposing an interpretation of Revelation.

Revelation 13:11-17
Then I saw another beast (2nd beast) coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon. He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who live on it worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of the sky to the earth in the presence of people. And he deceives those who live on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who live on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life. And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause all who do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. And he causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, and he decrees that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Explain how the image of the first beast speaks?
I could easily tell you who "the first beast" and the "another beast" are, but I do not know how the image of the first beast will speak.

Maybe, and I said maybe, it will speak through the use of artificial intelligence. I say this because there are currently people pushing for a form of digitized currency which will be overlooked by artificial intelligence, and the context of what we just read does have to do with a form of currency.

Anyhow, as I have said before, Christians know in part. I do not know everything (not even close), but, by God's grace, I do know some things. Unlike some here, I speak boldly in relation to the few things that I do know, and I either speak very cautiously or not at all in relation to the many things that I do not know.

How do you think the image of the first beast will speak?

selahsays

May 31, 2023
The one who foolishly and fearlessly posts heresy after heresy is asking somebody else for scriptural proof?

Now, I have seen everything.

You have not got a clue when it comes to end-times prophecy.

Somebody needs to tell you, so it might as well be me.

Here is your latest nonsensical statement, and I have overlooked numerous other ones before this:

No, your posts on this thread stand for deceit and falsehood, but this fire is literal.

Revelation chapter 18

[8] Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
[9] And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
[10] Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
[11] And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
[12] The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
[13] And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
[14] And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
[15] The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
[16] And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
[17] For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
[18] And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
[19] And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
[20] Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
[21] And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
[22] And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
[23] And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
[24] And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Not only is this a literal city, but it will be literally burnt with fire.

Of course, this literal city will also purchase the items from the merchants that are listed in verses 12 through 13 (all which pertain to a temple), and in it will be found the blood of prophets (vs. 24) whose blood God will avenge (vs. 20). Then there are all of the other descriptors of this "great city" (where the Lord was crucified, spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where Peter wrote his epistle from, etc., etc.), all of which you have conveniently overlooked as you have spread your nonsense here.

Babylon the Great is Jerusalem, and no fairy tale that you can ever come up with is going to change this reality.

You need a lot of help, and it will only be found on your knees repenting before the Lord.

Like I said, somebody had to tell you...otherwise Christ himself will tell you on the day of judgment.

You are butchering God's word, and that ought to make you fear and tremble.
I have reported your unChristian-like behavior, just so you know.