the claim that the koran is a copied and converted-into-arabic christian bible looks outlandish to me... but, I like to keep an open mind, so I'm willing to check it out.
this is where the verification issue comes up. if I check the two translations at
https://carm.org/quran-4
I find writing that sounds very biblical in many places... but a few key differences, imo.
but I think Bowman says these aren't good translations.
so, I need url's (since this is an intenet forum) that will support the claim.
without other sources, I have to go with the two at carm.org, which don't support the claim.
Here’s a bit more context showing how the authors of the Koran openly admit that they converted previous scripture into Arabic…
والكتب المبين إنا جعلنه قرءنا عربيا لعلكم تعقلون وإنه في أم الكتب لدينا لعلي حكيم
Waalkitabi almubeeni inna jaAAalnahu qur-anan AAarabiyyan laAAallakum taAAqiloona wa-innahu fee ommi alkitabi ladayna laAAaliyyun hakeemun
And The Book, the clear. Truly we have made it an Arabic collection, perhaps you comprehend. And truly it, in company with the source, from The Book, eminent, full of wisdom. (43.2 – 4)
These ayahs openly confess that the Holy Bible (alkitabi) was converted into (jaAAalnahu) an Arabic collection (Koran).
The authors’ even go so far as to ask if you can comprehend what has taken place.
Finally, they even state that this converted Koranic collection is in company with its source, the Holy Bible.
Thus, when the Koran proclaims all the Biblical things such as Jesus Christ being singularly crucified until death upon the Cross, and then singular resurrected three days later, and that He is the Son, etc, etc….followers of islam should not get all bent out of shape, as this is what is written in the Arabic of their book of faith.