S
Seeking-Christ
Guest
I think i was kinda raised in a Holiness Church. Or should i say? Holiness Churches. Cause in my life time I've been in several with varying degrees in theology.
The idea was to get saved, and then strive for holiness. But I think the attitude has always been, "do the best you can, while knowing that you will never be a 100% this side of heaven." in my personal experience, this feels right to me. Because I'm never a %100 percent. That doesn't mean that I think I'm always screwing up every second of the day. But I'm screwing up a lot in little ways...
There are holiness churches that believe that a true Christian does not sin. When I'm online, and i run into people like this, i tend to ignore or block them, pretty quickly. Because when I read all the things they need to do in order to be pure before the lord. I find it so overwhelming that I'm like, "just let me be happy for now, and then I'll burn in hell just fine, thank you, goodbye." I think this because, it seems so impossible.
i don't know what to do with the idea that the Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. I know it's a biblical concept, and I believe the bible. At least I think I believe the bible. That has always been my goal. But as i look around I notice. I think i notice that even those who claim they are sinless, aren't being lead into all truth. Cause if i look close enough, usually something bad will show up. Then I'll feel justified in being bad myself. LOL
Anyways this is why I tend to block these kinds of people. In my opinion they go so far that their faith is now about working to stay sinless.
That's my take on things.
The idea was to get saved, and then strive for holiness. But I think the attitude has always been, "do the best you can, while knowing that you will never be a 100% this side of heaven." in my personal experience, this feels right to me. Because I'm never a %100 percent. That doesn't mean that I think I'm always screwing up every second of the day. But I'm screwing up a lot in little ways...
There are holiness churches that believe that a true Christian does not sin. When I'm online, and i run into people like this, i tend to ignore or block them, pretty quickly. Because when I read all the things they need to do in order to be pure before the lord. I find it so overwhelming that I'm like, "just let me be happy for now, and then I'll burn in hell just fine, thank you, goodbye." I think this because, it seems so impossible.
i don't know what to do with the idea that the Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. I know it's a biblical concept, and I believe the bible. At least I think I believe the bible. That has always been my goal. But as i look around I notice. I think i notice that even those who claim they are sinless, aren't being lead into all truth. Cause if i look close enough, usually something bad will show up. Then I'll feel justified in being bad myself. LOL
Anyways this is why I tend to block these kinds of people. In my opinion they go so far that their faith is now about working to stay sinless.
That's my take on things.