The Eyes of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Just like the hand and the foot and the eye are equal members of the same body, but they are different parts of the body.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
John 5
For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus, the son of Man, subordinate to the will of the Father- yet; equal with the omnipotent, omnipresent, God. Equal, but different.
Yes, uh, and, no.

God the Father: God OF man
God the Son: God AS man
God the Holy Ghost: God WITHIN man

Three Persons in One in Perfect Harmony

But their Being is not the same as man and woman in their spiritual natures........Physical? Yes, but their spiritual beings (when saved) are EQUAL, and God does NOT see any difference. Nor should we.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Just like the hand and the foot and the eye are equal members of the same body, but they are different parts of the body.
Your confusing apples with oranges regarding your examples. None of these examples properly show the "equality" of people who have "put on Jesus" being baptized with Him. Once this happens......they/we ALL are exactly the same in Gods eyes....

As well, in my OP, I stated that the physical beings were equal but different, if you go back and read............

Just under where I stated: Yes, and no......

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
As well, in my OP, I stated that the physical beings were equal but different, if you go back and read............
My example is a paraphrase of Paul's example. It perfectly demonstrates how people can be equal but different.
4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

We're not all "exactly the same". Galatians is specifically about us being the same WITH RESPECT TO being heirs of Abraham, and the seed of the promise. Beyond that, we're not the same.

So, it's not really "worldy wisdom". It's a biblical concept.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
The Bible says a man and woman are equal in the Lord and that is because there is no gender difference in heaven for they will be a soul with a glorified body and the glorified body is the same.

The only thing that separates a man and a woman is the flesh and the spirit and soul are the same.

A man and woman is different according to the flesh but being part of the kingdom of God they are equal.

Also they are equal as far as their quality as a human being.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes, uh, and, no.

God the Father: God OF man
God the Son: God AS man
God the Holy Ghost: God WITHIN man

Three Persons in One in Perfect Harmony

But their Being is not the same as man and woman in their spiritual natures........Physical? Yes, but their spiritual beings (when saved) are EQUAL, and God does NOT see any difference. Nor should we.
amen there is just one God and this is what he did the same God was
Manifest in the flesh of Jesus Christ

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭

“I and my Father are one.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:30‬ ‭

to understand we need to look at the difference in Christ before all things

“And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.”
‭‭John‬ ‭17:5‬ ‭

and when mankind fell into darkness and sin what God looked and saw and determined to do the same God who spoke and created all things looked from heaven and saw we were lost with not a single man worthy to interceed so he himself became a man and interceded

“And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter. Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭59:14-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then we need to realize when he became a man he needed to make himself subject to God as mans high priest which must be a holy man that intercedes for man

“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:5-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

before all things is God man fell and he saw it and came to become one of us

“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭2:9-10, 14-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

after he accomplished his work for man he returned to his eternal glory in the heavens which was his from before creation he Jesus christ is the creator

in the beginning

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when he the same God became flesh

“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The mystery is found in realizing the one true and only God loves us enough to come and become one of us and subject himself to the worst of mankind on our behalf in order to save and redeem us from all we’ve done wrong and it’s consequences

Jesus is God who came to become one of us because we had no man to intercede formoir sins and save us from damnation . Our God loves us on truth even though it brought him to flesh and blood and suffering on the cross he did it anyways

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Considering the mass gender confusion movement, it hardly surprises me that a "professed teacher of scripture" would say something like "men and women are equal but different". This is actually a teaching that is particularly useful right now.

A teacher teaching to the carnal man doesn't make him a "carnal teacher" or an "immature teacher" and it absolutely does not mean they are "not sanctified". The fact that God created male and female; unfortunately, that has to be hammered in by the church now because the world has lost it's mind. If someone doesn't accept earthly realities, how will they accept heavenly ones? The distinction has to be taught.

God sees all things. He sees the earthly things as well as the heavenly. He created the earthly things as well as the heavenly. To see one and not the other is not to see with the "Eyes of God".

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
My example is a paraphrase of Paul's example. It perfectly demonstrates how people can be equal but different.
No.

In Pauls writings he was saying that all peoples are equal. They have "different" duties/gifts in the work of the Kingdom. That is not the same as what you are trying to say.

In order for your attempted example to be relevent to this Thread, you would have to say that ONE hand is the mans hand, and the OTHER hand is the womans hand............and that the two were different. Same with other parts of the Body of Christ/Church.

Your example of God and Jesus also fails because in order for it to be relevant to this Thread you would have to assert that God is a man and Jesus a woman. Eqaual but different........We ALL know that is not true.

Your failure to grasp the Truth of what I am saying leads me to wonder if you have been sanctified? Filled with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit? Not belittling you, simply asking, since you can not seem to see the "spiritual" understanding of the Scripture.

All are called for a purpose, and, yes, their purpose differes from that of others, but that does not make them "different" in the eyes of God. This is the "spiritual view" you have to grasp to understand.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Considering the mass gender confusion movement, it hardly surprises me that a "professed teacher of scripture" would say something like "men and women are equal but different". This is actually a teaching that is particularly useful right now.

A teacher teaching to the carnal man doesn't make him a "carnal teacher" or an "immature teacher" and it absolutely does not mean they are "not sanctified". The fact that God created male and female; unfortunately, that has to be hammered in by the church now because the world has lost it's mind. If someone doesn't accept earthly realities, how will they accept heavenly ones? The distinction has to be taught.

God sees all things. He sees the earthly things as well as the heavenly. He created the earthly things as well as the heavenly. To see one and not the other is not to see with the "Eyes of God".
You are still missing the point entirely.......sigh.......goodness

I fear you are yet to grasp the spiritual understanding needed to ever grasp the Truth of what I am saying in the OP.

I will leave it at that, since what you are posting here pretty much mirrors what "saved" believers/physical believers teach. I pray that the Holy Spirit will open your "hearts eyes" to the spiritual Truth of Scripture.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
One insight to determine which Teacher is sanctified and which is not is to listen to "who" they credit for any good that comes of their teachings.

These on the radio/TV that I spoke of can be hear (every day) speaking of what great works he/they were achieving. How much he/they were accomplishing. How many lives were being changed because of his/their Ministries.

A sanctified believer would ONLY CREDIT the Holy Spirit for ALL THE GOOD that comes from their teachings/Ministries. Because it is the Holy Spirit that achieves the "good works" these people take credit for.

Remember what Scripture says?

Galatians, Chapter 2:
20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Per Genesis 1:27, God created males and females in His image. Mankind in general are in the image of God. Men and women are just biologically different; other than biology there are no major differences as far as I can tell. However, they are both created in God's image so that's equal.
I will go to my grave believing wimmin are more wily :LOL:

BeeThePeace

May 2, 2022
THE EYES OF GOD

Three times this week, I have heard someone say about men and women "They are equal but different." I laughed because of the worldly wisdom of the statement. These people saying such were professed Teachers of Scripture. Holding themselves out to be wise in the understanding of the Word of God. I had to laugh, or realize the sadness of the mistaken understanding they had.

"Equal but different." Think about it. If two are "equal," can they truly be different? If two are "different," can they truly be equal?

The answer is yes, and no.

When looking through the eyes of man, it is possible to see people equal but different. But such "teachers" are not mature in the understanding of Scripture. They are still supping on milk and honey. Not having matured to the point of being spiritual believers who are able to feast on the meat of the Word.

The Apostle Paul said:
1 Corinthians, Chapter 3:
1) And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2) I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Understand that such believers are saved, but not yet sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Because of this, their understanding of Scripture is on a earthly level, and not on a spiritual level. This is why when they look at other believers in the service of God, they see them as being "equal but different." The obvious example is their seeing servants of God as men and women, and not as children of God.

This is why it is very important for all believers to strive to become mature believers, and receive "spiritual understanding" of Scripture. They do this by receiving the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. This "sanctification" by the Holy Sprit allows them to grow in and become stronger their walk with Christ. The Holy Spirit opens their eyes/hearts to the "spiritual understanding" of Scripture which allows them to see the world through the eyes of God.

Galatians, Chapter 3:
26) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27) For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

When God looks at His children, He sees His children! Neither male nor female! He sees children who love Him and desire to serve Him in whatever way He purposes them for. This is the "spiritual view" and "spiritual understanding" that mature believers must gain to properly worship God. Scripture tells us:

John, Chapter 4:
23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Believers who are yet supping on milk and honey, and have not grown to become "spiritual believers," should not be teaching others. Why? Because there is no benefit for the teacher or the student. It is one child teaching another child, and neither receive the instruction in Scripture they need to become spiritual believers able to feast on the meat of the Word.

In Ephesians Paul teaches such:

Chapter 2:
8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Some believers are quick to quote verses 8 and 9, while excluding verses 10. This, IMO, is an "earthly" view of what Paul was teaching, and not the "spiritual truth" of the Scripture.

Every believer has a purpose! Every believer was saved for a purpose. God has a purpose for every believer! Salvation is not the "end" of the process; it is the beginning! New believers have been washed clean of their past sins, and are as an "empty vessel" needing to be filled with the Word of God. They are "babes" as the Apostle Paul said, and "babes" are not qualified to be teaching others.

Sanctification must be achieved for believers to grow and mature in Christ/the Word, and to be able to accomplish what "purpose" God has "purposed" them for. These believers will see "through the eyes of God" and will feast on the meat of His Word. These believers will be valuable Preachers, Teachers, Evangelists, Healers, Helps and other.

They will grow strong in their faith, and come to a point where it is not possible for them to turn their backs on God, for they see no other way than to serve Him!

This is why I say the "spiritual Truth" of Scripture is ONCE SANCTIFIED ALWAYS SANCTIFIED!
It could just be me but your observations in your own wirds about the equal but different phrasing being incongruent seems to be reinterated when you levy your judgement of that in this sentence:

If two are "equal," can they truly be different? If two are "different," can they truly be equal? The answer is yes, and no.

😆🤪 It just strikes me funny. Did you do that on purpose for levity or what?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

We're not all "exactly the same". Galatians is specifically about us being the same WITH RESPECT TO being heirs of Abraham, and the seed of the promise. Beyond that, we're not the same.

So, it's not really "worldy wisdom". It's a biblical concept.
your saying everyone’s unique basically ? I agree with that we all have different purposes and appointments and gifts strengths and even weaknesses uniquely