The Fall feasts predict how Christ will come again at the end times.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The Feast of the Trumpets tell of the day God sets in judgment, the Day of Atonement tells of Christ’s return, the Feast of the Tabernacles tells of God’s return to dwell with His people.

The first four feasts predicted what has already happened, and the event was on the same day as the prediction was celebrated. Passover predicted the giving of Christ as our savior, the Feast of Unleavened bread predicted
Christ’s body preserved in the grave, Christ was resurrected on the Feast of
First Fruits, we were given the Holy Spirit on the day the giving of the law on Mt. Sinai was celebrated.

We can not know when the last days will come, but if God keeps to how He established the feasts, then we can know the date of the year they will happen. This year the date of the Feast of Tabernacles that lasts seven days started on 10/3/20.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
The last guy who tried to predict the end led his followers to give away all their worldly goods and went to a hill to meet Jesus. Needless to say they came back down that hill broke and disappointed.
That guy was the founder of 7th day Adventists

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The last guy who tried to predict the end led his followers to give away all their worldly goods and went to a hill to meet Jesus. Needless to say they came back down that hill broke and disappointed.
That guy was the founder of 7th day Adventists
Are you saying that the Lord's predictions are no better than man's predictions?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
really, I should waste my time responding to a charge like that?
Please, I am not "charging", I am asking. You tell of man's predictions, and I am telling of the Lord's predictions, so I really wonder at your post. Won't you explain?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Please, I am not "charging", I am asking. You tell of man's predictions, and I am telling of the Lord's predictions, so I really wonder at your post. Won't you explain?
Yes, be glad to explain.....your feasts theory looks a lot like trying to predict ....not sure what...but the end time? the trib time? the Lord's return?
So I am saying that the wisdom of man is foolishness to God.......predictions have happened before and all for naught. When the Lord returns will be like a thief in the night......totally unexpected. Surprise!!!

Reminds me of the big to-do over a red heifer some years ago.......

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Yes, be glad to explain.....your feasts theory looks a lot like trying to predict ....not sure what...but the end time? the trib time? the Lord's return?
So I am saying that the wisdom of man is foolishness to God.......predictions have happened before and all for naught. When the Lord returns will be like a thief in the night......totally unexpected. Surprise!!!

Reminds me of the big to-do over a red heifer some years ago.......
I am amazed that people do not think the feasts have anything to do with God's plan for our redemption. I thought it was something no one thought to argue against.

I certainly did not post that we are not to be surprised by the last days events, that would be against what scripture tells us. I only mentioned that the events predicted that have come about came on the day of the month they were predicted, so that part we could know unless the Lord changed his mind about that. But if the feasts are just God's blowing in the wind-------!!!!!

I wonder if there is arguments against the first four feasts being a prediction of future events? Was Passover a prediction of Christ?

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I understand what your saying :) If one looked at this that it has always been about Israel. So much of this has lined up with these feasts. Very interesting.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I am amazed that people do not think the feasts have anything to do with God's plan for our redemption. I thought it was something no one thought to argue against.

I certainly did not post that we are not to be surprised by the last days events, that would be against what scripture tells us. I only mentioned that the events predicted that have come about came on the day of the month they were predicted, so that part we could know unless the Lord changed his mind about that. But if the feasts are just God's blowing in the wind-------!!!!!

I wonder if there is arguments against the first four feasts being a prediction of future events? Was Passover a prediction of Christ?

you think Sabbath keeping has something to do with redemption and salvation.

no surprise that you also attach the jewish festivals to this belief....

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
you think Sabbath keeping has something to do with redemption and salvation.

no surprise that you also attach the jewish festivals to this belief....
I have never, ever, said that I believe Sabbath keeping has "something to do with redemption, you are telling gossipy tales. I have said that the Lord created the Sabbath on Saturday, and that is scripture that has never been cancelled in Scripture. Whole different ball game. And this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the feasts that God created.

I am speaking about what scripture says, and anyone's beliefs are none of my business or yours.

Honestly!!!!!

Gossips!!!!

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
one more time, either keeping the Sabbath, or the feasts and festivals for that matter, is an option or a requirement.

there is no such thing as an optional requirement

so, is keeping them an option, like a personal choice, or a requirement , as in one cannot be saved without doing so??

it can't be both at the same time.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
one more time, either keeping the Sabbath, or the feasts and festivals for that matter, is an option or a requirement.

there is no such thing as an optional requirement

so, is keeping them an option, like a personal choice, or a requirement , as in one cannot be saved without doing so??

it can't be both at the same time.
So what does deciding if keeping the feasts is a requirement or option have to do with this post? It is about the prophecy or the last days that is in the feasts, has nothing to do with deciding about keeping the feast or not.

Salvation has to do with faith in Christ, keeping the feasts is an entirely different subject. Besides, this post has nothing to do with deciding to keep or not keeping the feasts. That again is an entirely different subject..

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
So what does deciding if keeping the feasts is a requirement or option have to do with this post? It is about the prophecy or the last days that is in the feasts, has nothing to do with deciding about keeping the feast or not.

Salvation has to do with faith in Christ, keeping the feasts is an entirely different subject. Besides, this post has nothing to do with deciding to keep or not keeping the feasts. That again is an entirely different subject..
you dodged the question, but made a good point. i will post here no more.

Skovand

Aug 17, 2020
Southeastern USA
I’m definitely not seeing the connection what so ever between the feasts.

What I do is look at what the actual signs were said to be.

1. The time is near.
2. This generation won’t past.
3. Some standing here will still be alive.
4. Jesus pointing at the second temple snd saying when it’s destroyed you’ll know it’s time.
5. Paul saying because of the times, don’t marry.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

1. The time is near.
4. Jesus pointing at the second temple snd saying when it’s destroyed you’ll know it’s time.
These are good points, but do you think these things you know of the last days means that you must not listen to what the feasts tell about them?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

1. The time is near.
Then let me point out what the connection is to the redemption plan of the Lord and the feasts that celebrate that redemption.

Passover: They were told to slaughter a perfect lamb as a symbol of Christ. When they put this blood on the doorpost the angel of death that came to take the first born sinners passed them by and the baby was saved. It is an illustration of how we are saved through the blood of Christ.

Unleavened Bread: Christ's perfect body was put in the tomb but was sinless and did not decay but was resurrected.

First Fruits: Shows that we first belong to the Lord. It was the day Christ rose and Christ was the first. On this day all the saints of the old testament were awakened from their sleep and were resurrected, as we can look forward to eternal life.

Pentecost: In the old testament this was called Sukkot. It is the celebration of the giving of the law on Mt. Sinai, and of the wheat harvest. On the day of this celebration was the first Pentecost when we are given the law in our hearts.

Feast of Trumpets: It is a picture of the second coming of Christ.

Day of Atonement: On this day is a celebration of the forgiveness of sin that we have in Christ.

Feast of Tabernacles: This celebrates the promise of the Lord that God will live with us in a new way. The people lives in special places constructed in their yards for a week in celebration of this promise of the Lord.

B

Blackpowderduelist

While the feasts are prophetic in nature, they in no way give us predictive insights as to when he is coming.

Skovand

Aug 17, 2020
Southeastern USA
Then let me point out what the connection is to the redemption plan of the Lord and the feasts that celebrate that redemption.

Passover: They were told to slaughter a perfect lamb as a symbol of Christ. When they put this blood on the doorpost the angel of death that came to take the first born sinners passed them by and the baby was saved. It is an illustration of how we are saved through the blood of Christ.

Unleavened Bread: Christ's perfect body was put in the tomb but was sinless and did not decay but was resurrected.

First Fruits: Shows that we first belong to the Lord. It was the day Christ rose and Christ was the first. On this day all the saints of the old testament were awakened from their sleep and were resurrected, as we can look forward to eternal life.

Pentecost: In the old testament this was called Sukkot. It is the celebration of the giving of the law on Mt. Sinai, and of the wheat harvest. On the day of this celebration was the first Pentecost when we are given the law in our hearts.

Feast of Trumpets: It is a picture of the second coming of Christ.

Day of Atonement: On this day is a celebration of the forgiveness of sin that we have in Christ.

Feast of Tabernacles: This celebrates the promise of the Lord that God will live with us in a new way. The people lives in special places constructed in their yards for a week in celebration of this promise of the Lord.
I understand that much. But we see those same patterns repeated again and again. The Rock that gives waters, the arc that saves Noah, the bronze serpent on a stick that heals and so on. Even to Abel being killed because he did what God wanted and so his innocent blood was shed. The
Old Testament mentions that the messiah won’t be followed because of his looks that he would be someone not physically great just like David was as a younger kid when he conquered Goliath like Jesus conquered death and in both stories a rock is involved. The rock over his tomb was moved and the rock that hit Goliath in the head.

Nonetheless I’ll read through the feasts again. I believe that the patterns are used again and again but it does not necessarily dictate the events.

Skovand

Aug 17, 2020
Southeastern USA
I also feel that just like with revelation, it’s a story that can be used for every generation in some way. I’ll have to reread this thread to see if I’m missing the paradigm you’re coming from.

I see the issue I was having was the prediction of the year. I don’t see any reason to believe that in light of what other scriptures say.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I understand that much. But we see those same patterns repeated again and again. The Rock that gives waters, the arc that saves Noah, the bronze serpent on a stick that heals and so on. Even to Abel being killed because he did what God wanted and so his innocent blood was shed. The
Old Testament mentions that the messiah won’t be followed because of his looks that he would be someone not physically great just like David was as a younger kid when he conquered Goliath like Jesus conquered death and in both stories a rock is involved. The rock over his tomb was moved and the rock that hit Goliath in the head.

Nonetheless I’ll read through the feasts again. I believe that the patterns are used again and again but it does not necessarily dictate the events.
The reason God gave us the feasts is not to "dictate events". I don't think my post indicates that at all. But I do think that by studying them it can help us understand the Lord's ways a bit more. That is why we read scripture.

I also don't think that my bringing out that God had the events that were told were coming in the first four feasts happened on the day of the feast is saying we can now know when these events are to be. We are told we will not know, and scripture is truth. However, it is worth noting that the events happened on the day of the feasts. I wish people wouldn't grab that as saying I am predicting the last days. If it is true that God will follow that plan, it is not telling us when it will happen, only the time of year it will happen, not the year.

The purpose of the feasts is based on the law, the base of the law is love. If we love the Lord and thank Him for his redemption of us, we will celebrate with a feast. We can celebrate God is other ways, this is one way that God tells us pleases Him. That is my added comment--it is not the purpose of bring this post. That is to consider what the last three feasts tell us of the last days.