The Falling Away

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2021
Depends on looking outside you want to see or looking inside were only you see, Luke 17:20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

You are two Adam's the soul then spirit, one is seen born from women the spirit is eternal never born it is awaken.
'Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus" pertains to this:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

It does not say that we are equal with God - ONLY the His Son is equal with His Father.

The mind we are to have is the SAME as Christ displayed here on earth to HUMBLE ourselves before God.

Our Lord Jesus Christ said we must "take up our cross to follow Him".

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 KJV - King James Version
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, ...

Privately, I believe we are experiencing "great falling away", and are are approaching the end. Part of my thinking comes from what I have seen with my own eyes in American culture. When I was very young, females could not leave the farm in pants. I was so young that it did not matter. These days, we wear anything we want. Women can own property and have our own Bank accounts. I believe that this has gone too far. We should be modest, reverent to God and winsome and supportive of the men in our lives.

I'm not extremely intelligent but am very curious, and love the study of Biblical Archeology. It seems that it all started around Southern Iraq, Persia and the Levant and there is still lots to learn about God by the study of what those people left behind. We talk about the return of Jesus the Christ, and I think that includes a 'Heavenly Host".
The word is not FALLING AWAY, it's DEPARTURE, of the Church. Not from the Faith. Reread it and see if you can fund anything about FAITH in the whole chapter, but we can see a Gatherig unto Crost (Departure of the Church) in the very first verse.

The first 7 English translations had DEPARTURE, the Latn Vulgate used Dissecio, which meant DEPARTURE, not until the KJV was Falling Away used, and it's deemed that they were taking a swipe at their rival the RCC.

Nw this world will get more evil as other verses say, and the Church will take on Doctrines of devils, but this is not about FAITH anywhere in the whole chapter. It's about the Departure (Rapture) of the Church, that is why Paul told them not to FEAR the Day of the Lord (God's Wrath) because the DEPARTURE (gathering unto Christ) happens first, as does the Anti-Christ, both before the Wrath Falls.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
I don't actively practice Islam any more, though for a time I did because I was searching, and I learned a great deal from it. Their view of Jesus the Christ is what turned me back toward Christianity, but I refuse to attack them. Judgement and condemnation are for one superior to me. My task is to know my place; observing Micah 6:8.

I watched the attack of 9/11/2001 happen and bridled my own response to it. Having just returned from a missionary trip, it was shattering to watch the angry responses of those around me, including some Christians that I looked up to, and had likely helped to finance that trip. None of us are perfect and it took a lot of prayer to resist judging them. That attack greatly changed American economics and circumstances erased any further progress toward my going to Bible School. We wound up punishing most Arabs rather than just the group who attacked us. In my opinion, it was acceptable to deal with Bin Laden, but to stay in Afghanistan and attack Iraq was not. I'll refrain from saying more.
How did u learn about other faiths

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
Never met many Americans who were open to new ideas. Most i met had fear deep in the psyche.
Were your folks hippies?
I've made a lot of mistakes and sinned a lot, sometimes seriously, so had to have lots of forgiveness. I greatly admire the Hutterites despite the fact that I can not be one. I had no religion until 27 and then searched a lot, and lots of mistakes.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
I've made a lot of mistakes and sinned a lot, sometimes seriously, so had to have lots of forgiveness. I greatly admire the Hutterites despite the fact that I can not be one. I had no religion until 27 and then searched a lot, and lots of mistakes.
I did a boomerang, but my past is still a scar and causing daily challenges. How did i gain escape from sin?

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
I'm still paying for my sin with people. I am remorseful, but repentance is hard. Not all sin can be reversed
I fully expect pain from the Lord. Some things i will say sorry. Other things, i will just take the beating, but iw won't apologise for being human

glen55

Jul 10, 2021
Looking outside will be not know by Jesus inside you, its allegory like John Baptist called the greatest man born was blind. He thought law was truth like Saul not lost just not awake by looking outside. The natural mind defeats man but not God in you.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
I fully expect pain from the Lord. Some things i will say sorry. Other things, i will just take the beating, but iw won't apologise for being human
I've spent just yonks of time with Psychologists and their Medications. To me, in the final analysis, they try to teach you to blame others, especially your parents for everything. It seems the Christian way is to accept responsibility and ask forgiveness for our frailties. The Psychologists are quite invested in getting one into the LGBT scene. I greatly regret my becoming involved in it. How do you repent of having had surgeries that are not reversible?

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
I've spent just yonks of time with Psychologists and their Medications. To me, in the final analysis, they try to teach you to blame others, especially your parents for everything. It seems the Christian way is to accept responsibility and ask forgiveness for our frailties. The Psychologists are quite invested in getting one into the LGBT scene. I greatly regret my becoming involved in it. How do you repent of having had surgeries that are not reversible?
Im not sure i understand what u mean. I was usually encouraged to avoid scenes and simplify my life

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
Let me know if you got time to talk this through
Briefly, I will reveal some highly embarrassing things that I have yet to make sense of, these years afterward. I do not know if childhood abuse, or predilection made me this way. I hated men because of him, and hated being one. Years later I had a breakdown and was guided to have gender change surgery as a solution. Years, later it is clear that was no solution at all, and I regret it. We can talk if you wish.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Drop me a message. Will take me time to understand. Im learning to talk more openly but shame does kick in

E

eternally-gratefull

God said he does not see our sin anymore. He puts them as far as the east is from the rest.

Its hard to fathom Gods love for us. No matter what. Thats why his son died for us.

God loves you and will never forsake you if you are his child

If your not. He is here inviting you to be his child. As you are..

oyster67

May 24, 2014
. We talk about the return of Jesus the Christ, and I think that includes a 'Heavenly Host"
Yes, and they wear clean white linen. I believe that these are those raptured seven years prior to this second coming event. It is said that were given clean white linen at the time of the Marriage Supper in Heaven. Jesus shall then rule on Earth for 1,000 years. How exciting to realize that the beginning of this phase could be nigh at hand!:):coffee:

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
God said he does not see our sin anymore. He puts them as far as the east is from the rest.

Its hard to fathom Gods love for us. No matter what. Thats why his son died for us.

God loves you and will never forsake you if you are his child

If your not. He is here inviting you to be his child. As you are..
Thank you for your gentle and loving reaction to my revelation. Aside from the losses that I can not remedy and God has not, I'm reasonably content in the life that I live now and I have powerful scripture which supports it. I will remain celibate as I have for 16 years.

Apr 15, 2017
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 KJV - King James Version
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, ...

Privately, I believe we are experiencing "great falling away", and are are approaching the end. Part of my thinking comes from what I have seen with my own eyes in American culture. When I was very young, females could not leave the farm in pants. I was so young that it did not matter. These days, we wear anything we want. Women can own property and have our own Bank accounts. I believe that this has gone too far. We should be modest, reverent to God and winsome and supportive of the men in our lives.

I'm not extremely intelligent but am very curious, and love the study of Biblical Archeology. It seems that it all started around Southern Iraq, Persia and the Levant and there is still lots to learn about God by the study of what those people left behind. We talk about the return of Jesus the Christ, and I think that includes a 'Heavenly Host".
Jesus said the gates of hell cannot prevail against the Church so the Church can never fall away no matter how many hypocrites and how bad they are.

God said in a great house there is some to honor and some to dishonor so there will be hypocrites but it is still a great house.

God said there would be many hypocrites at the end time but the Church still cannot fall away and the hypocrites do not belong to the Church although they can attend the physical building.

The falling away is the condition of the world in response to the Gospel which the nations came together as one and stopped the preaching of the Gospel on a world wide scale saying it not true but the new age movement interpretation of the Bible and religions is the truth which they will believe they are still evolving to be spiritual.

After this goes on for three and one half years God allows the man of sin to rule over them and deceive all people who do not love Him to follow the New Age Christ.

The man of sin will establish peace in the Middle East and work as a great man of peace and the biggest influence in the world and push the new age movement until the world rebels against God.

The first three and one half years salvation is still available to the world and they stop the preaching of anything contrary to the new age movement which is the time they will not endure the truth of the Bible but want to hear it according to their own lusts which is the new age movement which they believe they will to be spiritual and there is no personal God and at the end of that time is the falling away.

This allows the man of sin to be able to rule over them.