Do you believe Christ died to remove the sacrificial system, but not the rules and regulations, and that we remain under the Mosaic Law minus the requirement of sacrifices?
That's Hebrew Roots
Do you call the New Covenant, the Renewed Covenant?
That's Hebrew Roots
No I am not bearing false witness as the link you gave was to one of your own posts, that he turned around and stated his stance once again right after that where he clearly said studying and believing the law does not put one under it.
That also was not the end of the conversation as the communicating still went on from here !!!
You must learn to read what a person is actually saying besides just seeing what you want to, because there is a physical aspect of the law (written ordinances) and a spiritual aspect of the law (moral standards).
The physical written ordinances have no bearing on true born again believers, but the spiritual meanings and aspects do have things that apply. Even the Lord Jesus showed that love, mercy, and forgiveness was shown in the law, but this was overlooked by the Pharisees and the Jews who focused only on the written ordinance aspect.
To say no morals apply in the new covenant for believers then you can go and throw out walking in love as not needed, but love is called the greatest command to be kept. And it is a command not a suggestion !!!
Walking in love is shown in the NT to keep, uphold, and establish the teachings of the Lord in our lives, not abolish His teachings !!!
I seen you come back and still slap that physical law keeping on him for salvation
It is speaking of "works" that I have built upon the foundation of Christ:
works either gold, silver, precious stones = obedience
works either wood, hay, stubble are burnt up = disobedience
everyone goes before the judgment seat of Christ for the work done in this body, whether good (obedience) - gold, silver, precious stones, remain
or bad (disobedience) - wood, hay, stubble are burnt up but he, himself, is saved
Please everyone - I am not saying it is okay to sin for it is NOT - or better said it is BEST for us to be in obedience than in disobedience. Remember we all sin and fall short . . . .
Would some one please explain to me who they are and what they do? All I know is that they are hated by many on cc - what is going on?
Recently my wife was accused of belonging to a cult called the Hebrew Roots Movement. I didn't know what it was, so I went to this url: What is the Hebrew Roots movement?
Again, I did no such thing. Look to my thread Legalism's Mistake: Cause and Effect (Sanctification) and I clearly defined our differences being sanctification. Our difference is a necessity for works (for a true believer). You keep saying I am saying he says we must keep the physical law but that is not where our discussion ended. It ended with sanctification. I disagreed this is through the Law. Get your facts straight before commenting any further. You keep accusing me when in fact you are wrong. He told me multiple times he did not mean to observe the Law carnally but spiritually. I am fully aware of this.
If he didn't have me on ignore maybe we could clear up confusion and clearly define our positions.
PS: Following the Law spiritually through the means of moral Law still isn't biblical. The Law is not to be separated and picked apart, it is a unit (a whole piece), so its either all of it, or none of it. I know, I know... "NOT physical!" you will scream. However, in observing the spiritual it will affect the physical (actions) and I disagree with this as being done through the Law. The Law can show us spiritual principles but we by no means can walk in them to not sin. Knowing what is right and wrong doesn't implicitly cause us to walk in righteousness. Knowing Jesus does, and who we are in Him.
Do you call the New Covenant, the Renewed Covenant?
That's Hebrew Roots
See what you are saying here, as you said "I clearly defined."
Then you pointed to your own thread and what you have said, I am an outsider to the conversation you two had, and I did see you multiple times make that claim on him about keeping the physical ordinances for salvation.
As for sanctification no that does not come through the law, nor does justification, or glorification............
They all come from the Lord Jesus by our faith in Him and it is a process, not a one time event that happens at minute one of faith. There is absolutely no scripture that says a person is automatically sanctified, justified, and glorified at the very first minute of our faith in Him.
Even Jesus says until repentance is made one will still perish, those who believe and are baptized will be saved, nobody who is born again will inherit the kingdom of heaven, and only those who does the will of the Father will inherit the kingdom of heaven.
The will of God is not just simply believe in the Lord, and then nothing has to follow from there.
For the bible shows a true saving faith in the Lord is an active one full of the fruits, no evidence = no Holy Spirit = no eternal life !!! It is that simple !!!
I'm happy that you are finally starting to investigate your accusations by attempting to find proof of your false allegations of me.Looks like just-me is playing a little game with us. He asked in this thread > Hebrew Roots Movement < dated July 24, 2015 for info on what Hebrew Roots is.
But he asked a similar question in this thread > Is the Hebrew Roots Movement a cult? < nearly 2 years earlier.
The times that I have accused him of physical law keeping was done in ignorance to his belief which we then resolved through discussion in an earlier thread. Do i still think he is into Legalism? I am not sure, but surely it is a form of it from what I understand of his perspective. This, however, can be cleared up if he didn't have me on ignore.
The idea that we "observe" the Law "spiritually", it needs to be clarified to its meaning. Then can anyone clearly see whether he is legalistic or not. He emphasizes the Law as not void, because it is God's spoken word. He then continues on saying we observe it spiritually.
You know what? KennethC, explain Just-me's perspective to us since you seem to so clearly understand it and always come to his defense. Clearly define what it means to observe the law spiritually. Please.
The times that I have accused him of physical law keeping was done in ignorance to his belief which we then resolved through discussion in an earlier thread. Do i still think he is into Legalism? I am not sure, but surely it is a form of it from what I understand of his perspective. This, however, can be cleared up if he didn't have me on ignore.
The idea that we "observe" the Law "spiritually", it needs to be clarified to its meaning. Then can anyone clearly see whether he is legalistic or not. He emphasizes the Law as not void, because it is God's spoken word. He then continues on saying we observe it spiritually.
You know what? KennethC, explain Just-me's perspective to us since you seem to so clearly understand it and always come to his defense. Clearly define what it means to observe the law spiritually. Please.
Too bad some cannot see that they did it to themselves and are wanting to escape their own guilt by blaming others who acted according to the scripture because of their own error. LOL"This, however, can be cleared up if he didn't have me on ignore."
Sorry, I was laughing out loud here pondering on how many have me on iggy and how many I have on iggy!
Just struck me tickle bone ole chap
carry on!
Too bad some cannot see that they did it to themselves and are wanting to escape their own guilt by blaming others who acted according to the scripture because of their own error. LOL
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. Romans 16:17
Did you just use me to insinuate something?
I feel dirty![]()
The Word of God clearly shows what still applies to new believers and how it apples.
In Acts 15:20,29 this was said to all Gentile believers and approved by the Holy Spirit of what we are still to observe, and Jesus and Paul both show that following His two greatest commands will uphold the rest of Jesus teachings and commands. This is clearly shown by Paul in Romans 13:9-11 !!!
The spiritual aspect comes from walking in love and by that love it will not cause us to transgress but establish and uphold the teachings of the Lord.
As for the spiritual meaning of the rest of the law then we know the feast days point to Christ as well, as He fulfilled all but the final 3 that is still to come. This does not mean we have to physically keep doing them, but to understand the spiritual meaning of what they stand for and believe in that.
The sacrificial laws are the same as we do not adhere to physically sacrificing animals because we know the spiritual aspect and meaning was of the Lord's one time for all sacrifice.
The cleansing rituals also are fulfilled spiritually through Christ by obeying His commands to repent and be baptized and keep our confession in Him, and thus we no longer have to actually do the physical washing by water all the time. For repentance and baptism covers our sins through Him, and confessing covers the times of refreshing !!!
The only part that was abolished or done away was the physical ordinance aspect, not the spiritual moral aspect of love, mercy, and forgiveness that was also within the law.
Lord Jesus set the standard for us and by love all things will be established, upheld, and thus fulfilled !!!
Not using you in the least. Just agreeing with you. If you have people on ignore I'm sure it's for good reason, as is mine LOL
If we are endeavoring to bring cohesiveness in the church, this is truth according to scripture. If we are endeavoring to falsely accuse members of the church of things we know nothing about, (including gossip) then that causes division, and ultimately leads to ignore according to Paul's exhortations.
I like how Just-me is addressing me, but not directly. It really is silly and childish. Know them by their fruits...