The False Teaching (& Truth) of what happens at the Rapture.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Yes they were. In the Olivet Discourse Christ listed many examples of what it would be like when he returns and this parable is one of them.

Most people are asleep at midnight. There is nothing wrong about anyone being asleep in the context of parable.
They all slumbered and slept. If they were watching and waiting they would have been awake at mid-night.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
They all slumbered and slept. If they were watching and waiting they would have been awake at mid-night.
They were not required to be awake. They didn't know what night he was going to come. The wise virgins were WISE. You are trying to make it seem like they weren't wise.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
^ It depends on WHO is DOING the taking, and TO WHAT END / PURPOSE (whether to positive ends or to negative ends, depends on CONTEXT)...

You think going to the cross was negative?? No, the TAKING there is also positive as is all examples of that word. paralambano is the rapture. The rapture is a catching up, a taking, and a gathering. All speak of the same event.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
They were not required to be awake. They didn't know what night he was going to come. The wise virgins were WISE. You are trying to make it seem like they weren't wise.
Not at all, the scripture says they were wise and the others foolish. It doesn't say they were the church. The Bride is the church, she comes with the Groom and does not need to knock to gain entrance.

Really it is opening up a different topic. Who are the virgins?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Not at all, the scripture says they were wise and the others foolish. It doesn't say they were the church.
The wise are the church that is alive and remains when Christ returns. The foolish are those of the church that are of the Apostasy.

The Bride is the church, she comes with the Groom and does not need to knock to gain entrance.
Christ comes with part of the bride, those who were dead and resurrected. He comes to meet the raptured church.

Really it is opening up a different topic. Who are the virgins?
They are still the Bride, Church and Body of Christ. Some will become Apostates and some will not.

Jul 23, 2018
The wise virgins are nowhere said to be blood bought, you made that up. Moreover they did not watch and wait any more than the unwise. The scripture said THEY ALL slumbered and slept. They brought oil with them. These are [as far as I can tell] Jews of the 10 tribes that are among the dispersed in the nations.

In Daniel he speaks about the resurrection of the Jews some unto glory but some unto everlasting shame.
2 cor 11
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Jul 23, 2018
All I'm saying is that the "taken" - "left" scenario has nothing to do with a rapture. The ones "taken" are actually taken meaning to die in midst of judgment.
It depicts a pretrib removal of 50%. The ones taken are those Jesus said to; """Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come"""

mat 24

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

But if you play it out as postrib "wicked taken/left" ,we have Jesus either telling the wicked to be ready ,or we have Jesus telling the righteous to be ready to do nothing but sleep in a bed while the wicked are supposedly taken.
But we would also have a satan worshipper in bed with a believer.
Even more bizarre is the assumption that half the planet are believers and the other half are satan worshippers with the tattoo of the ac in their forehead.

But what lays it to rest is that Jesus framed the time frame as PREFLOOD.

A postrib "wicked taken" would REQUIRE a completely different time frame. (after the flood)

Jul 23, 2018
Abs....see the related content in the parallel passages in Luke 17. Here, the context and time/spatial relationships are EMINENTLY CLEAR...!

When you compare to Matt 24, you have to agree that there is no possible way to tease out a joyful rapture event out of those parallel passages....

Luke 17:26-37

26And as it came to pass in the days of Noah, thus also will it be in the days of the Son of Man: 27They were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until that day Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came and destroyed all.

28Likewise, as it came to pass in the days of Lot, they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; 29and in that day Lot went out from Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed all.

30It will be according to these in that day the Son of Man is revealed. 31In that day, the one who will be on the housetop, and his goods in the house, do not let him come down to take them away; and likewise the one in the field, do not let him return to the things behind. 32Remember Lot’s wife! (do not linger when judgement is imminent!) 33Whoever may seek to save his life will lose it; but whoever will lose it will preserve it. 34I say to you, in that night (the GT...)there will be two upon one bed: The one will be taken, and the other will be left. 35There will be two women grinding at the same place: The one will be taken, and the other will be left.”

37And answering, they say to Him, “Where, Lord?” (where are they taken to?)

And He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will be gathered together.”
==========================================================================================================
Look for the vultures, and you will find the bodies of those who were "taken".

Nothing even close to a rapture here. Only fleeing from earthly catastrophes, similar to Sodom and the Flood. Some take heed and flee, some linger and perish.
6 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

No mention anywhere of anyone taken out post judgement.
every example is a pretrib dynamic.
every single one.

This verse especially
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
In that day that Jesus has framed prejudgment
(you are saying the wicked are taken. So Jesus is now telling the wicked to not try to go back?)
It positively has to be the rapture.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Let me try to put it as simply as I can, to help you see what I'm saying (and what the text is conveying):

--Verse 1's Subject (in its two clauses) is completely and totally VERTICAL (the Lord DESCENDING "TO the meeting... IN THE AIR" and US being SNATCHED / CAUGHT UP "TO the meeting of the Lord IN THE AIR")

--Verse 2's Subject (Paul covering what the "false conveyors" are purporting) is completely and totally HORIZONTAL (i.e. entirely EARTHLY-located): "[purporting] that the day of the Lord IS PRESENT / IS ALREADY HERE [PERFECT indicative]";
Paul states ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the "false convyors' msg" being ANYTHING AT ALL about "RAPTURE / CAUGHT UP / SNATCHED [IN THE AIR]" (THAT Subject / Paul's OWN v.1 Subject HE IS BRINGING to bear on the issue of the "false claimants' false msg")--their false claim rather had / has to do with "[that] the day of the Lord is present / is already here" (i.e. playing out upon the EARTH, where it is ONLY EVER SLATED to take place: ON THE EARTH)

The remainder of the passage is Paul reiterating (3x) the SEQUENCE between THESE TWO ISSUES (v.1's Subject and V.2's Subject). Before "the day of the Lord [EARTHLY-located TIME-PERIOD] can BE PRESENT (as was the false claimants' msg), particular "movement" must take place (stated 3x in 3 ways):

a) "THE '[a] standing away-from [away-from a previous standing]' FIRST" (and [subsequentlyand distinctly] "the man of sin BE REVEALED")
b) "what withholdeth [holds back, is RESTRAINING] unto/for (him [the man of sin] TO BE REVEALED *IN HIS TIME*")
c) "until out of the midst he BECOME" ("AND THEN [kai tote] shall that Wicked BE REVEALED") [in similar language to that of Lam2:3-4 "he hath drawn back his right hand from before the enemy..." i.e. lifting his RESTRAINT and allowing the "enemy" to then have at it!]

...IOW, the man of sin's "BE REVEALED" FOLLOWS that particular "movement" being spoken of in 3 ways (referring to the same basic thing).

Paul is conveying the SEQUENCE between (between TWO DISTINCT ITEMS):

-- the earthly-located time period known as "the DOTL" [the Subject of the "false claimants" (v.2) saying "IT IS PRESENT!"] (its ARRIVAL ASPECT [period] involving "JUDGMENTs" and "BIRTH PANGS" and the "whose COMING / ARRIVAL / ADVENT / PRESENCE / parousia" [v.9a] of "the man of sin" IN HIS TIME [Dan7:7]... the "IN THE NIGHT" [DARK / DARKNESS] time period, aka the 7-yr Trib [THAT ASPECT OF the entire long DOTL time period]...)
[and]
-- "our Rapture [IN THE AIR]" (v.1)

... they are NOT *identical* ITEMS (v.1's Subject and v.2's Subject), but entirely DISTINCT
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

1 concerning the coming of our Lord ....and our gathering ....
2 ... the day of the Lord ........

1Steven and stefanny went to la
2 they visited their friend

They is plural pronounce for Steven and stefany

> they = Steven and stefany

DOL is plural pronounce of second coming and rapture

Dol = second coming and rapture

You believe Jesus come on the air before to than back the next 7 years

It is od if so why Paul not say second coming after gt but rapture before gt why Paul say second coming and rapture he put it together

Aug 5, 2021
Yes, I'm aware that you are a proponent of the pre-trib theory, and the strict dispensationalism it entails. Understandably, I've received similar comments in the past when making reference to that scripture. I don't hold to the same interpretation of Daniel’s 70th week, with its stopping/starting 'prophetic clock' and intermittent 'gap,' into which the 'church age' is placed. I view it as a transitional period as I've mentioned in the past. That being said, I don't question the validity of it being framed in the context of the Great Tribulation and I appreciate your response. Scriptures pertaining to the glorified remnant have always intrigued me.
I also of course recognize the 144,000 Israelites as having their own unique role to play in Daniel’s 70th week.

Like you, I recognize ‘those who are wise’ in Daniel 12:3 to be the literal 144,000 Israelites. They are described as ‘first fruits’ to God (Rev 14:4). Their mission will be to evangelize the post-rapture world and proclaim the gospel. “As a result of their ministry, millions—“a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language” (Revelation 7:9)—will come to faith in Christ.”

“We know the twelve tribes of Israel exist because God will select and seal 12,000 from each tribe before the four angels hurt Earth. As faithful servants of Jesus Christ, they will do everything their Master commands. As prophets of Jesus, they will deliver “the testimony of Jesus” during the Great Tribulation. (Revelation 1:9; 12:17; 19:10) The 144,000 will suffer enormously because of their words. Many, if not all, of the 144,000 will perish “because of the Word of God and the testimony they maintain.” (Revelation 6:9) John often distinguishes between God’s “servants the prophets” and ordinary saints because they are separate groups of people.”

Including the references to Dan 12:1-3 and Isaiah 60:1-3 was meant to demonstrate how God has a called, glorified, and faithful remnant within the 144,000 of Israel and the theorized gentile remnant. Both groups have been chosen to fulfill Kingdom purposes at appointed times. I think it possible that God is foreshadowing the work of the 144,000 post-rapture with a final harvest using His elect gentiles before the rapture. In this theory, both groups of servants demonstrate their faithfulness as they fulfill the Lord’s plan (Romans 3:28, Rev. 14:12).

I was explaining this final harvest work by a gentile remnant (Matt. 24:14, Rom. 8:14, 8:17, 8:23.). They would tell those who are in danger of becoming apostates to repent and return to Jesus. This group is called, (Rom. 8:28) chosen (2 Thess 2:13), and glorified (Romans 8:30) just as the 144,000 of Israel will be (Daniel 12:3, Rev. 17:14). The 144,000 and the theorized gentile remnant are both described as being ‘first fruits’ (James 1:18, Rev. 14:4).

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come (Matt 24:14). Scholars of course disagree over what the ‘end’ entails.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I also of course recognize the 144,000 Israelites as having their own unique role to play in Daniel’s 70th week.

Like you, I recognize ‘those who are wise’ in Daniel 12:3 to be the literal 144,000 Israelites. They are described as ‘first fruits’ to God (Rev 14:4). Their mission will be to evangelize the post-rapture world and proclaim the gospel. “As a result of their ministry, millions—“a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language” (Revelation 7:9)—will come to faith in Christ.”

“We know the twelve tribes of Israel exist because God will select and seal 12,000 from each tribe before the four angels hurt Earth. As faithful servants of Jesus Christ, they will do everything their Master commands. As prophets of Jesus, they will deliver “the testimony of Jesus” during the Great Tribulation. (Revelation 1:9; 12:17; 19:10) The 144,000 will suffer enormously because of their words. Many, if not all, of the 144,000 will perish “because of the Word of God and the testimony they maintain.” (Revelation 6:9) John often distinguishes between God’s “servants the prophets” and ordinary saints because they are separate groups of people.”

Including the references to Dan 12:1-3 and Isaiah 60:1-3 was meant to demonstrate how God has a called, glorified, and faithful remnant within the 144,000 of Israel and the theorized gentile remnant. Both groups have been chosen to fulfill Kingdom purposes at appointed times. I think it possible that God is foreshadowing the work of the 144,000 post-rapture with a final harvest using His elect gentiles before the rapture. In this theory, both groups of servants demonstrate their faithfulness as they fulfill the Lord’s plan (Romans 3:28, Rev. 14:12).

I was explaining this final harvest work by a gentile remnant (Matt. 24:14, Rom. 8:14, 8:17, 8:23.). They would tell those who are in danger of becoming apostates to repent and return to Jesus. This group is called, (Rom. 8:28) chosen (2 Thess 2:13), and glorified (Romans 8:30) just as the 144,000 of Israel will be (Daniel 12:3, Rev. 17:14). The 144,000 and the theorized gentile remnant are both described as being ‘first fruits’ (James 1:18, Rev. 14:4).

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come (Matt 24:14). Scholars of course disagree over what the ‘end’ entails.
Rev 14
14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins.They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.
The Three Angels

Verse 1 the lamb /Jesus standing on mount Zion that mean happen on second coming, and second coming is after tribulation not during gt

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
To my knowledge the Pretrib doctrine was from Jesuit. Don't let Jesuit deceive you and not prepare for gt

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018

A few things to consider:

--"the day of the Lord" is only ever EARTHLY-located (biblically speaking);

--"the day of the Lord" is "a period of time [not merely "24-hrs" in duration] of JUDGMENTs unfolding upon the earth, followed by (and also INCLUDING) a period of time [also not merely "24-hrs" in duration] of BLESSINGs existing upon the earth (i.e. it includes BOTH the JUDGMENTS of the [7] TRIB yrs [earthly-located] AND the BLESSINGS of the 1000-earthly-MK-age yrs--ALL THAT *is* "the DOTL"!);

--"the day of the Lord" ARRIVES "exactly like [G5618 - hōsper ]" the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" that COMES UPON a woman (1Th5:1-3)... and Jesus SPOKE OF THAT VERY THING in Matt24:4 / Mk13:5 (in the part where He spoke of "the BEGINNING of birth PANGS [PLURAL]"), where He speaks, in those verses I'm pointing out, of "A CERTAIN ONE [G5100 - tis]"... "A CERTAIN ONE" bringing deception;

--"the day of the Lord" thus INCLUDES "the BEGINNING of birth PANGS [PLURAL]" (including the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" OF those, mentioned above ^ ); and these "beginning of birth PANGS" are equivalent to the "SEALS" of Rev6... meaning that, "SEAL #1 = the INITIAL 'birth PANG [SINGULAR]'" that Paul says is the ARRIVAL of "the DOTL" TIME-PERIOD... that is, at the START of the "7 yr period" (the rider on the white horse in Rev6 being the AC, aka the "whose COMING / ARRIVAL / ADVENT / PRESENCE / parousia" of the man of sin, 2Th2:9a[8a,3b] "IN HIS TIME"... in the "DARK / DARKNESS / 'IN THE NIGHT'" ASPECT OF "the DOTL"--i.e. the 7 yr period / commonly called the TRIB yrs [i.e. "IN THE NIGHT"-Dan7:7, Gen46:2, Ex27:20-21, etc etc])

(not ARRIVING at its ENDING Matt24:29-31, which is His Second Coming to the earth point in time)...
...aka the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" time period [i.e the 7 yrs] of Rev1:1 / 4:1 / 1:19c...
...and Lk18:8 / 2Th1:8 ["VENGEANCE"... in the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" time period/Lk18:8 (not merely a singular "24-hr day")]...
...and Rom16:20 ["shall CRUSH Satan UNDER YOUR FEET *IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]*" ("know ye not that WE shall JUDGE ANGELS" 1Cor6:3[14 (see verb re: us); again, not merely "a singular 24-hr day" any more than the 10 plagues of the OT times unfolded in merely "a singular 24-hr day"!! NO!])]

--much more could be said on this point... but who reads these things anyway... = I

Bottom line: "the day of the Lord" INCLUDES His Second Coming to the earth (Rev19), to be sure, but its ARRIVAL *precedes* that point in time BY 7 YEARS (it INCLUDES "the BEGINNING of birth PANGS" / the SEALS, which are at the START of the "7 yrs" [JUDGMENTS])... ; It also goes on to INCLUDE the ENTIRE MK age (i.e. the 1000 yrs, too!! [BLESSINGS])

Jul 23, 2018
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

1 concerning the coming of our Lord ....and our gathering ....
2 ... the day of the Lord ........

1Steven and stefanny went to la
2 they visited their friend

They is plural pronounce for Steven and stefany

> they = Steven and stefany

You believe Jesus come on the air before to than back the next 7 years

It is od if so why Paul not say second coming after gt but rapture before gt why Paul say second coming and rapture he put it together
All you proved is the ac gets revealed and then the rapture.
The ac is revealed pretrib.
The rapture is next.
So you are supporting a PRETRIB RAPTURE every time you guys post that verse.
That verse does NOT say " seated, installed, in power, and seven years later"
You guys invented all that.

Bizarre.
It only says what it says.
Stop RADICALLY modifying it.
Revealed...pretrib
Rapture....pretrib

Yet another authentication by postribbers of a pretrib rapture.

Jul 23, 2018
Rev 14
14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins.They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.
The Three Angels

Verse 1 the lamb /Jesus standing on mount Zion that mean happen on second coming, and second coming is after tribulation not during gt
nope
Because later ( after those 144k firstfruits are harvested), we see the MAIN HARVEST of jews in verse 14.
With and by Jesus sitting on a cloud.
So rev14:1 is not possibly the second coming or rapture.
Not remotely possible

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
To my knowledge the Pretrib doctrine was from Jesuit. Don't let Jesuit deceive you and not prepare for gt
While there was a Jesuit who wrote about the Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Christians are not depending on what he said. But he did have a remarkable grasp of Bible truth. However, you will not find a single Rapture verse in Scripture that includes any mention of "the Tribulation" (or the Great Tribulation). So that settles the matter right there. Furthermore the Tribulation is a very specific time in the future which has never been nor ever will be, and it is connected to the Jews (Jacob). It is called "the time of Jacob's trouble).

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people [the Jews]: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people [the Jews] shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Dan 12:1)

Dec 15, 2021
yass, we's the Bride
Does the Bride of Christ marry the body of Christ or the body of Christ marry the bride? How does one marry oneself?

Maybe it isn't about being 'a bride' at all but being FAITHFUL to GOD and having no other gods.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Does the Bride of Christ marry the body of Christ or the body of Christ marry the bride? How does one marry oneself?
Why ask silly questions rather than search out the truth? The Church is metaphorically the Body, the Bride, and the Building of Christ. Christ is the Bridegroom, and the Bride becomes the Lamb's Wife.

Dec 15, 2021
6 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

No mention anywhere of anyone taken out post judgement.
every example is a pretrib dynamic.
every single one.

This verse especially
In that day that Jesus has framed prejudgment
(you are saying the wicked are taken. So Jesus is now telling the wicked to not try to go back?)
It positively has to be the rapture.

What do we notice? THAT EVIL is running rampant AND THEN comes judgment. Teachers don't give the out the grades BEFORE the test is given.

Isaiah 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Isaiah 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;

THAT THEY MIGHT GO AND FALL BACKWARD AND BE BROKEN AND TAKEN.

AS A THIEF in the night MEANING DARKNESS is already abounding upon the planet when Christ returns. THE FIRST ONE TAKEN IS TAKEN IN THE NIGHT.

When Christ RETURNS IT IS BRIGHTNESS so bright the sun seems dim.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy WITH THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS COMING

9 Even Him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The coming of the Lord is AFTER the workings of Satan, AFTER the falling away, AFTER the man of sin revealed.

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE FOR CHRIST TO COME BACK AND IT NOT TO BE A 'RETURN' OR TO 'RETURN' AND IT NOT BE BY COMING?

WHO would put forth such confusion? What would it take to make anyone believe such a thing IF IT WEREN'T ABOUT THE WORDS OF GOD?

NO MENTION OF ANYONE TAKEN POST JUDGMENT? How can this be put forth?

1Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

THE LORD coming/returning to the earth for the day of vengeance, to set up the kingdom that was rejected the first time He came.

......................................and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

8 For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

11 For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.