The Fiftheen Points of Universial Salvation Refuted Point 2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cfultz3

Links to Points:
http://christianchat.com/bible-disc...heen-points-universial-salvation-refuted.html Point 1

Point 2

Fifteen Bombs That Sank My Theological Ship
V.E. Jacobson

The following is taking from the URQA (Universal Reconciliation Questions and Answers) website. It is my objective to clarify from Scripture that these fifteen points of why Universal Reconciliation is believed is not a proper understanding of Scripture.

I will state Scripture, and if you disagree, likewise quote Scripture. Otherwise, your words have no back-support, and would seem to be words of folly.

To those certain ones who do not list Scripture, but simply damn those who do, to what purpose do you suppose your condemnation fulfill if not to your own hurt?

V.E. Jacobson Point 2:
If Christ is the
propitiation for the sins of the whole world, did He die in vain for the lost (I John 2:2)?

Refutel:

He is indeed the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. It is the offering of Himself which produced the possibility of having an atonement for sins. But, if one refuses to accept the only appeasing atonement which is pleasing to God, then there is no reconciliation for that individual. Seeing that the covering-up of sins in the OT only occured with a shedding of blood sacrifice. And if one did not offer the manatory sacrifice, then that one's sins were not cover-up (Lev 4:20, 26, 35, 5:10, 13, 19:22, Num 15:25).

But, to they of faith in his blood, He is that propitiation. Only through Him being one's propitiation is there remission of sins that are past. (Rom 3:25) Heb 2:17 tells us that it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethern, but before we can define "the people" at the end of this verse, we must first know who are these "bretherns". We do not have to look far to see that it is those who are from "the seed of Abraham" (Heb 2:16), those who are being sanctified (Heb 2:11). It is these people who are the "sons" who are to be brought into glory. (Heb 2:10) It is because of these children (sons) that He took upon Himself flesh. (Heb 2:14) So, it is such people who shall receive reconciliation from their sins in Heb 2:17.

Indeed, we who live through the Son, do have a propitition (1Jn 4:9-10). It is those who confess that Jesus is the Son of God which God lives in (1Jn 4:15). Now, he who has not the Son, neither has the Father (1Jn 2:23), and he who has not the Father has not been reconciled because he has not accepted God's only acceptable propitition. It is only those who believe and have the Son who has eternal life (Joh 3:16, 1Jn 5:12).

E

enochson

This is just to out to lunch for me and has nothing to do with word of god the word of man who speaks with fork tongue yes.

Oct 12, 2011
Just to let everyone know, that those are cfultz3 words of Refute.

The thread I just posted has the actual web link to the story behind the Refute
of Cfultz3.

C

cfultz3

Just to let everyone know, that those are cfultz3 words of Refute.

The thread I just posted has the actual web link to the story behind the Refute
of Cfultz3.

These are my own words and is not attached to any "story" of another. No, sorry, they are attached to the Scriptures :)

C

cfultz3

This is just to out to lunch for me and has nothing to do with word of god the word of man who speaks with fork tongue yes.
I have listed about 15 biblical references. If you care to speak maturely and talk about what I have said, please do so. But, I do not think that words of ridicule will convince others of your point of view.

C

cfultz3

Then maybe you ought to read the story then, this is where you got it from isn't it?

FIFTEEN BOMBS THAT SANK MY THEOLOGICAL SHIP By V. E. Jacobson
It is not him who I am personally refuted, but the15 points which he made as concerning Universal Salvation and which is echoed by the Universal Salvation subscribers, as it is proudly presented by the URQA website. If you would, go to my first post and at the top, you will see where I tell people where I got it from and that it is those points which are refuted.

The following is taking from the URQA (Universal Reconciliation Questions and Answers) website. It is my objective to clarify from Scripture that these fifteen points of why Universal Reconciliation is believed is not a proper understanding of Scripture.