The flesh that dulls and the light within: listening to the holy spirit

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LovelyU

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
107
1
0
I asked Jesus into my heart
my heart not being the organ that beats
but the soul within me,
and so I must remember to listen to that light within
and when I think,
"But how does he speak to me from within?"
I'm told
"He created every living thing,
do you see the complexity?
and every living thing he has made to speak to
and every living thing he has made to speak from"
It is not my purpose to understand the workings of God
but to follow anyway knowing that he is leading me
to what is his will of me,
I hear this when I question how? why?
and when I hear these words they're not from my mind
that is flesh and un-holly
but they are from a my chest, my torso,
they are from the light within,
they resonate through me and like thoughts I hear them
And when I think the Lord has left me
I remember that his promise is forever
and I fear not and am new again
It is my flesh that dulls and forgets
but my soul is forever fixed on his light
because, like him my promise is forever
Jesus is my high priest
it is God I praise, no other, no idols, no flesh
God is good, I praise the Lord
In Jesus' name
Amen