The Forgotten Ant

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2018
The Forgotten Ant

One day, I saw a large ant on the floor of my garage. It was covered with dust and did not look very well but it was alive. I suspected this ant was lost from its colony, where ever it was, and was dying. Perhaps a crumb of bread and a drink of water may ease the burden of this ant and maybe make dying a little more bearable for it I thought. So I started to search for a bite of bread and a drop of water but then something distracted me and I forgot about the ant.
Later I again found it. It was dead. As I held it in the palm of my hand, looking for any sign of life in it, almost hoping God would let it live again because I had forgotten about it, the Spirit touched my mind and gave me this thought. How many people had I known who had died alone without God because I had forgotten them, forgotten to give them a crumb of bread and a drop of water ? How many others could yet live ?
I spent time thinking about these thoughts. I had the bread of life, the drink of salvation, the things which could ease the burdens of those I had forgotten, and yet, as important as those things are, I had become distracted. But it is not too late to hold them in my hands, to show them the God who will ease the burdens of their spirits and bring life to those who eat of the bread and drink of the water.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Will we smile when we get to heaven?
Laugh all the hours away?
Or cry for the friends we left behind
Along the way?

~Dallas Holm

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
See now I have a different issue. God has gone far, far out of His way to gift me with the very things that would help the ant survive. But He apparently has no intention of letting me ever use them, since every time I try to step up and help the ant, He shuts doors so fast it'll make your head spin.

Sorry ant, it's not that I didn't want to help you.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You DID NOT just blame God for that ant dying?

(too, too funny)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Isn't God to blame for everything? (he says, only half joking)