The forgotten Saints

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
The Year is about 1950. You are a mother.You have three children and another on the way.
Your husband has abandon you.
You have no money. You have to feed these children .There is no help other than what you can provide for yourself.
Your children are from a few months old to about ten years. One girl three boys.
You must feed, cloth, shelter, and educate these with no help from anyone,
To make matters worse this husband shows up ever so often only to beat you ,belittle you and take what very little you have , and then disappear.

Then one day this belligerent husband is at last put in his grave. The only piece of earth he could ever claim as his own. It was seven feet long by three ft wide by six feet deep.

The wife now is free to raise her four children without her handicap , the belligerent husband .

Fast forward.......The wife is now 95 years old. She has grandchildren , great grandchildren , and great, great, grandchildren.
She never remarried ,never even tried to restart a married life. Her family left no room for anything else.

After 95 years of a very hard life , raising , children and grandchildren , no one can ever say they herd her complain about her life, no not even once.
How can a person such as this not be bitter?

This woman was never a pastor, not an evangelist, not a deacon, not even a Sunday school teacher. But she is the must shinning example of the righteousness of God I have ever been blessed to encounter.

This woman as it turns out is only one of many, many others just like her.
These women are the ones who are last.
These women are the ones who will be first.
Please do not let us forget these wonderful men and women who gave all without complaint or bitterness for us whom they loved so much.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
When were you appointed to make this judgment? I hope she was saved and knew the Lord Jesus as her Savior. If not then is was all for nothing.

We are not redeemed by works of righteousness but by the grace of God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The Year is about 1950. You are a mother.You have three children and another on the way.
Your husband has abandon you.
You have no money. You have to feed these children .There is no help other than what you can provide for yourself.
Your children are from a few months old to about ten years. One girl three boys.
You must feed, cloth, shelter, and educate these with no help from anyone,
To make matters worse this husband shows up ever so often only to beat you ,belittle you and take what very little you have , and then disappear.

Then one day this belligerent husband is at last put in his grave. The only piece of earth he could ever claim as his own. It was seven feet long by three ft wide by six feet deep.

The wife now is free to raise her four children without her handicap , the belligerent husband .

Fast forward.......The wife is now 95 years old. She has grandchildren , great grandchildren , and great, great, grandchildren.
She never remarried ,never even tried to restart a married life. Her family left no room for anything else.

After 95 years of a very hard life , raising , children and grandchildren , no one can ever say they herd her complain about her life, no not even once.
How can a person such as this not be bitter?
When people accept that the current world is faulty and one will experience tribulations in life.. They can keep on keeping on through their lives without bitterness..

Those who end up bitter are the ones who cannot accept that this world and human beings within it are corrupt.. They respond to tribulation as an injustice upon them.. They expect this world and the people in it to be fair and just.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Why do you assume she would be bitter? Raising children as a widow can be done because God does look after the widows and women can be saved through childbearing. What this means is children can redeem you when an unfaithful husband cant.

Its is not always wise to remarry...and many stepfathers can end up abusing their stepchildren. Its actually quite common. Ongoing abuse is actually harder to handle than simply raising children in straitened circumstances.

I think a lot of people mistakenly assume that poverty is the cause of bitterness, mental illness and all other woes. Well actually no people arent that worried when they are poor and dont really compare themselves with others they just learn to make do and get by with what theyve got. Jesus said blessed are the poor in spirit, for there's is the kingdom of heaven.

POor Lazarus was eventually rewarded in paradise while the rich man who just gave him a crumbs was trapped in Hades

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
When were you appointed to make this judgment? I hope she was saved and knew the Lord Jesus as her Savior. If not then is was all for nothing.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
So there are some who seek not after righteousness, but attain unto righteousness by their works.
I can assure you, that if you have not the works of righteousness in your life you will NEVER see the kingdom of God.

Thy throne O God is for forever and ever. And the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.
The scepter of any kingdom represents the authority of that kingdom. The authority of this scepter in the hands of the king is not to be disused .

There are countless numbers of saints in heaven today who never studied the Bible ,who never knew John 3: 16. Who never walked down to a church alter and prayed "the sinners prayer' , who never knew the theology of righteousness. I can say this because I have known them. I was busy waving my bible around proclaiming that sinners must come to repentance. While they (these wretched lost souls ) are busy tending the needs of others, giving what they did not have to give, and were embarrassed if you tried to praise them for what they do.

So when you stand before God who would you rather be, the Bible waving preacher or the contrite window.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019

For the cause of Christ
Roger
And so which would you rather be, this widow who gave her all for those around her or you with your dogmatic theology of salvation ?
You assume that because there was never mention of this widow praying the sinners prayer or a confession of salvation she never knew God.
How sad you are. Do you not know that salvation is to those who live it not preach it. This is why so many of these whom you" hope are saved" will enter in the kingdom of God before you.
If you do not have the works of righteousness you will NEVER see the Kingdom of God.
Your convictions are flawed.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
And so which would you rather be, this widow who gave her all for those around her or you with your dogmatic theology of salvation ?
You assume that because there was never mention of this widow praying the sinners prayer or a confession of salvation she never knew God.
How sad you are. Do you not know that salvation is to those who live it not preach it. This is why so many of these whom you" hope are saved" will enter in the kingdom of God before you.
If you do not have the works of righteousness you will NEVER see the Kingdom of God.
Your convictions are flawed.
No one is good enough to merit salvation. Only through the blood of Christ can one have forgiveness of sin.

You would insist that self righteousness is equal to the righteousness of Christ.

It is not my dogmatic theology but it is what Jesus said and what is written in the bible. The Holy Spirit attest to the truth of the gospel and what it means to be saved.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Jul 23, 2019
This OP is spot on. As a millenial woman I have to say - ain't no way we're getting out of any social problems without heroic mothers. Today, we're so short on peaceful homes, family stability and it's chiefly because of the Feminist movement. We need somewhere to go back to at the end of a hard day and not have to do battle. We need someone to care about us, to sacrifice themselves for us, to put our emotional, spiritual and physical needs at the top of their priorities. We need motherly touch, healing touch. We need mothers to wash away the tar of struggle from our brains and oil them for the next day. We need mothers to do the things that mothers used to traditionally do- things that are sniffed at nowadays. The same people sniffing at the role of motherhood are rotting, lonely and bitter in the care homes. They've had their say and what good has it done for them? Now they have to pay for someone, a handful of strangers, to do everything the mothers of the world do for free.
They have stories of the corruption and strain at work and are now falling apart and being taken over by a crippled generation of latckeys and spiritually-old young adults. We grew up with TV programs to greet us when we got home. We, who were pawned off on so many extra-curricular programs are now lacking the mental strength to save the baby-boomers from their agony. They sowed confusion and are reaping desolation.
I realized that what I need is very different from what the world tells me I want. I need regularity of living- to have a normal, boring life, one where I do pretty much the same thing for years and years. Help my family, cook, clean, can, garden, sew, help with grandma and my sister's baby, go to Mass, pray, tidy... that's the healthy life- that's fulfilling. The alternative is to constantly be all shook up, living the supposed glamorous lifestyle that we've had shoved down our throats for generations- travelling, working high profile jobs, sampling every exotic thing the world has to offer at the expense of having a home. Not really helping anyone, not really fulfilling a worthy purpose. We already have tons of feminists around to do all the pushing and shoving, griping and nagging- we don't need any more. What we need now are mothers, quiet, kind, faithful, sweet, gentle women to nurture goodness back into mankind. Eve has to come first- womanhood has to take the first steps in the right direction. We can't wait for the men- they're sitting, all confused about our conflicting demands on them. We have to turn viciousness into virtue, crabbiness into caring. We need to pick up the abandoned arts, dust them off and learn how to sew, cook, can, craft, garden, keep house and ,yes, please the men! That's the way things are wired to work, ladies! When nagging and berating won't work, try giving them attention and love! We are the future saviors of civilazation. No more selfishness, but instead long-suffering, prayers, sacrifice. A woman has all these natural tendencies in her, feminist or no.
They saw it bubbling up each time they organized an office lunch, treated their co-workers like family, tried to grease the wheels between warring friends. These free and independent women couldn't escape their gnawing hunger for children so they went out and bought a chihuahua. They lavished all their pent-up instincts on nurturing these animals while their kids and grandkids starved to death for lack of kindness.

And has the "it takes a village to raise a child " model gotten any less false or evil lately? How quality are those school systems nowadays anyway? Or the health clubs? How about the church daycares- all these have been proven to be full of child molesters! The age at which we abandon these weak little human beings to total strangers has gone down and down... how about we just breed like animals and ship all the babies out to a government child-raising farm the moment they're born?! It'll be the same basic thing we're currently doing! We want to complain about the state of affairs and say oh, it's this social injustice or that one but really the cause of all our angst is because we destroyed motherhood. We demolished traditional female roles and thereby unhinged families, the basic building block of society. They only way we can have a "To Kill a Mockingbird" ideal neighborhood is ot have the corresponding fidelity to the old ways.
What will it take for people to wake up? We're already at an all-time low and this during a season of plenty! Our Lord warned of times when women would say "Blessed are the barren" that if this is said during a green tree, what will be said in the dry? Is there not enough reason for us to fear for the future? Quickly, let's abandon all the evil schemes of devils and their pawns before we completely wipe-out hope for the future- let's return to girls and women dressing, behaving and learning like they used to. This is the key point, though people are so well-conditoned by the agents of evil to think of everything except this as the root cause of our current misery. Our Lady's Immaculate heart will triumph at last!

K

kaylagrl

So there are some who seek not after righteousness, but attain unto righteousness by their works.
I can assure you, that if you have not the works of righteousness in your life you will NEVER see the kingdom of God.

Thy throne O God is for forever and ever. And the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.
The scepter of any kingdom represents the authority of that kingdom. The authority of this scepter in the hands of the king is not to be disused .

There are countless numbers of saints in heaven today who never studied the Bible ,who never knew John 3: 16. Who never walked down to a church alter and prayed "the sinners prayer' , who never knew the theology of righteousness. I can say this because I have known them. I was busy waving my bible around proclaiming that sinners must come to repentance. While they (these wretched lost souls ) are busy tending the needs of others, giving what they did not have to give, and were embarrassed if you tried to praise them for what they do.

So when you stand before God who would you rather be, the Bible waving preacher or the contrite window.
I didn't know a window could be contrite... But for many here who are or have been in ministry, that's quite an insult.

Jul 23, 2019
Oh yeah! Our Lady will stomp out the head of the serpent- just as it was predicted in the Garden of Eden- "She shall crush thy head"

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Oh yeah! Our Lady will stomp out the head of the serpent- just as it was predicted in the Garden of Eden- "She shall crush thy head"
Really? Who is teaching that? Surely you have misunderstood what the bible is addressing in the passages to which you refer.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
I didn't know a window could be contrite... But for many here who are or have been in ministry, that's quite an insult.
If you accept it as an insult then ware it!!! The convictions of anyone who considers themselves unworthy ,because of gilt before God when they have done nothing morally wrong, but put themselves as unworthy in light of Gods glory how will they be judged ?

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
No one is good enough to merit salvation. Only through the blood of Christ can one have forgiveness of sin.

You would insist that self righteousness is equal to the righteousness of Christ.

It is not my dogmatic theology but it is what Jesus said and what is written in the bible. The Holy Spirit attest to the truth of the gospel and what it means to be saved.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
It seems to me , thou I could be wrong, that you are determined that unless a person makes some public verbal confession along with asking Gods forgiveness, you will not accept them as Christians. Maybe this is an inaccurate statement, or maybe its somewhere in between.
The point is, when one questions someones righteous standing before God simply because one has not heard this persons confession ,and using this verbal confession as a base for continued Christian relationship , could cost you dearly when it comes to fellowship.
Christ died on the cross, as we all did. Now Christ is teaching us to move on. There is much for us to know as Christians and to learn these things we must move away from the foot of the cross. We must feed on the meat of the word of God and not keep wanting milk.
However if milk is what you want then do not fault those who hunger for greater things.

And.....before you say it NO...NO.....NO.. I not saying you can obtain salvation without the blood of Christ.

I encourage you not to make it a requirement that any person making a post first qualify themselves in respect to the biblical context of basic Christianity.
Just so you know I love you brother.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Christians cannot be presumptuous about anyone's salvation. What we do know without the shadow of a doubt is that unless the blood of Christ has been applied to a soul, all their good works or selfless sacrifices will mean nothing. And only God knows who are the true saints of God.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
It seems to me , thou I could be wrong, that you are determined that unless a person makes some public verbal confession along with asking Gods forgiveness, you will not accept them as Christians. Maybe this is an inaccurate statement, or maybe its somewhere in between.
The point is, when one questions someones righteous standing before God simply because one has not heard this persons confession ,and using this verbal confession as a base for continued Christian relationship , could cost you dearly when it comes to fellowship.
Christ died on the cross, as we all did. Now Christ is teaching us to move on. There is much for us to know as Christians and to learn these things we must move away from the foot of the cross. We must feed on the meat of the word of God and not keep wanting milk.
However if milk is what you want then do not fault those who hunger for greater things.

And.....before you say it NO...NO.....NO.. I not saying you can obtain salvation without the blood of Christ.

I encourage you not to make it a requirement that any person making a post first qualify themselves in respect to the biblical context of basic Christianity.
Just so you know I love you brother.
Public or not salvation is a one on one experience with the Savior Himself. Each and every soul that is redeemed must confess to Christ their need to be saved and that he is the only One Who can save them.

Believers move onto a deeper relationship with Christ. Unbelievers only move farther from Christ and deeper into the lake of fire.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Then perhaps I can introduce you to the women who cast her two pence into the offering, which was all she had, shall we bring her before God and question her meager contribution ?
If you are in the ministry.......what kind of ministry are you in?
If you can not understand such simple things as a contrite widow then you are an insult to all widows as well as single mothers
who struggle every day to hold their families together.
It is not those who are well who need a physician but those who are sick.
Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot, or maybe I misunderstood where you are coming from, if so lets try again but please do not bring up your "ministry" to me as an issue. I have been in what you call" ministry " most likely, before you where born.

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009

For the cause of Christ
Roger
From the fruits you shall know the tree.

There are those who work and never reach salvation just as you said (because they do not know God).
But there are also those who don't make number of themselves, their belief or relation to God.
And for some the only way to know they have that relation is of their deeds because they are so humble they care not to show, not to mention boast it.

M

morefaithrequired

This OP is spot on. As a millenial woman I have to say - ain't no way we're getting out of any social problems without heroic mothers. Today, we're so short on peaceful homes, family stability and it's chiefly because of the Feminist movement. We need somewhere to go back to at the end of a hard day and not have to do battle. We need someone to care about us, to sacrifice themselves for us, to put our emotional, spiritual and physical needs at the top of their priorities. We need motherly touch, healing touch. We need mothers to wash away the tar of struggle from our brains and oil them for the next day. We need mothers to do the things that mothers used to traditionally do- things that are sniffed at nowadays. The same people sniffing at the role of motherhood are rotting, lonely and bitter in the care homes. They've had their say and what good has it done for them? Now they have to pay for someone, a handful of strangers, to do everything the mothers of the world do for free.
They have stories of the corruption and strain at work and are now falling apart and being taken over by a crippled generation of latckeys and spiritually-old young adults. We grew up with TV programs to greet us when we got home. We, who were pawned off on so many extra-curricular programs are now lacking the mental strength to save the baby-boomers from their agony. They sowed confusion and are reaping desolation.
I realized that what I need is very different from what the world tells me I want. I need regularity of living- to have a normal, boring life, one where I do pretty much the same thing for years and years. Help my family, cook, clean, can, garden, sew, help with grandma and my sister's baby, go to Mass, pray, tidy... that's the healthy life- that's fulfilling. The alternative is to constantly be all shook up, living the supposed glamorous lifestyle that we've had shoved down our throats for generations- travelling, working high profile jobs, sampling every exotic thing the world has to offer at the expense of having a home. Not really helping anyone, not really fulfilling a worthy purpose. We already have tons of feminists around to do all the pushing and shoving, griping and nagging- we don't need any more. What we need now are mothers, quiet, kind, faithful, sweet, gentle women to nurture goodness back into mankind. Eve has to come first- womanhood has to take the first steps in the right direction. We can't wait for the men- they're sitting, all confused about our conflicting demands on them. We have to turn viciousness into virtue, crabbiness into caring. We need to pick up the abandoned arts, dust them off and learn how to sew, cook, can, craft, garden, keep house and ,yes, please the men! That's the way things are wired to work, ladies! When nagging and berating won't work, try giving them attention and love! We are the future saviors of civilazation. No more selfishness, but instead long-suffering, prayers, sacrifice. A woman has all these natural tendencies in her, feminist or no.
They saw it bubbling up each time they organized an office lunch, treated their co-workers like family, tried to grease the wheels between warring friends. These free and independent women couldn't escape their gnawing hunger for children so they went out and bought a chihuahua. They lavished all their pent-up instincts on nurturing these animals while their kids and grandkids starved to death for lack of kindness.

And has the "it takes a village to raise a child " model gotten any less false or evil lately? How quality are those school systems nowadays anyway? Or the health clubs? How about the church daycares- all these have been proven to be full of child molesters! The age at which we abandon these weak little human beings to total strangers has gone down and down... how about we just breed like animals and ship all the babies out to a government child-raising farm the moment they're born?! It'll be the same basic thing we're currently doing! We want to complain about the state of affairs and say oh, it's this social injustice or that one but really the cause of all our angst is because we destroyed motherhood. We demolished traditional female roles and thereby unhinged families, the basic building block of society. They only way we can have a "To Kill a Mockingbird" ideal neighborhood is ot have the corresponding fidelity to the old ways.
What will it take for people to wake up? We're already at an all-time low and this during a season of plenty! Our Lord warned of times when women would say "Blessed are the barren" that if this is said during a green tree, what will be said in the dry? Is there not enough reason for us to fear for the future? Quickly, let's abandon all the evil schemes of devils and their pawns before we completely wipe-out hope for the future- let's return to girls and women dressing, behaving and learning like they used to. This is the key point, though people are so well-conditoned by the agents of evil to think of everything except this as the root cause of our current misery. Our Lady's Immaculate heart will triumph at last!
I liked your post even if no one else did

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Genesis 3
14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.

15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”